Experiences with non-techies

Our average non-techie. "How do I download the thing?"

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

----video----

I think she raged because her downloaded ram didn't want to work

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

LOL 3:23 i just wana watch lady gaga APPLAUSE!!!!!

damn.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Watch this and laugh you`r ass off! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_vRQrIx6l8

Oh god why.

9:15 "Solid state USB 3.0"

9:32 Calls mini displayport "mini HDMI and DVI in"

14:00 Thinks the LEDs are powered by the PSU even though the computer isn't plugged in

14:22 "16 Gigs of DDR5 RAM"

14:40 Doesn't know the name of the graphics card

15:05 Thinks a power connector from the PSU is a crossfire bridge

This is why alienware sells, because all of their customers are blissful idiots.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Oh god why.

9:15 "Solid state USB 3.0"

9:32 Calls mini displayport "mini HDMI and DVI in"

14:00 Thinks the LEDs are powered by the PSU even though the computer isn't plugged in

14:22 "16 Gigs of DDR5 RAM"

14:40 Doesn't know the name of the graphics card

15:05 Thinks a power connector from the PSU is a crossfire bridge

This is why alienware sells, because all of their customers are blissful idiots.

You might wanna calm down a little. The guy knows a little and hell we have all messed up with things before. I remember when i first got into pcs i told my friend that a 4650 is better then a 3870x2 because the first number matters the most. That was a long time ago. I know about 15% more now.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You might wanna calm down a little. The guy knows a little and hell we have all messed up with things before. I remember when i first got into pcs i told my friend that a 4650 is better then a 3870x2 because the first number matters the most. That was a long time ago. I know about 15% more now.

Yeah, we were all at that point once. But buying a $2000 machine that you know near nothing about is still a unwise decision, regardless.

I do get a pretty mad over things like this. But I guess it's because companies like alienware can get away with robbing their customers so easily. 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Yeah, we were all at that point once. But buying a $2000 machine that you know near nothing about is still a unwise decision, regardless.

I do get a pretty mad over things like this. But I guess it's because companies like alienware can get away with robbing their customers so easily. 

Alienware are actually a very reasonable company and im very happy that their prices are quite high as it keeps me in business haah. anyways its labour costs, they need a profit. its like UK tax(20%) which people think it rises but it doesnt. Its the same with everything in life, we would save tens of thousands in our lives if we DIY everything including pcs but we pay for services which makes the tertiary market in world which is the biggest market there is at the moment. many people like my parents do services as a job so they get paid for the profit that they make. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Watch this and laugh you`r ass off! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_vRQrIx6l8

That's solid state usb3. mini hdmi/dvi in O.o

I feel bad giving him a view...btw he said that box was 80 lbs. I bet it wasn't even 50.

Omg LEDs when you take off the panel!! He knows he has 16GB of RAM and 2GB AMD Graphics card but doesn't know what one.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Browsing Best Buy's website for the funz, when I saw this:

Get ready for battle with the Dell Alienware Aurora gaming desktop. When combined with 32GB DDR3 RAM, the powerful Intel Core i7 quad-core processor with Intel Turbo Boost can handle even the most intense, graphic rich game without slowing down. You also get extreme overclocking capabilities up to 4.1GHz for those marathon gaming sessions.

Still no mention of the GPU.... 

I got another one, straight from some of my incredibly intelligent Facebook friends:

He posted a pic of a pretty cool looking gaming rig (NZXT case loaded up with LEDS, and I can see a Z87x-UD4H box in the corner),, so of course I ask him his specs. These were the responses of two of them:

Friend 1: High.

Friend 2: I dunno, but me and [someone] probably took about 15 minutes to figure out how to turn it on.

After facepalming at those responses, I decided to ask again, prompting him with how "high" the specs were. To that, he responded again with this:

Friend 1: Idk lol, but it kicks ass

And to that, I just liked the photo and moved on.. 

This is the same friend who last year kept insisting that his laptop had 4 GPU slots.. (it had a soldered GPU, but it did have 4 RAM slots)

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

just read a comment along these lines "You cant overclock on windows 8 because the bios wont let you"

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

My dad just told me a story that happened to him back in the 80's, when he installed computers for companies.

(Remember, this was back in the 80's when computers were just starting to be used as a normal thing)

He installed a couple of computers in a bank, but after a few days they called him back saying that the computers don't work anymore. He replaced them, and then they called again a few days later saying the same thing.

Turns out there was a couple of employees sabotaging the computers by placing magnets next to them, because they thought they were going to lose their jobs to these machines.

That's smarter then most people today with computers. 

It was more of a funny story with people that hate technology, rather than people who don't know how to use it :P

I'm in a computer repair A+ class and my friend thought that the computer (case and all) was a hard drive. Not sure where he got that idea....

Many of my teachers growing up referred to the computer as the "hard drive" and the monitor as the "computer".

This started since I was small(I knew better because my dad is tech savvy) so I'd correct them then they would try to correct me, I assumed they used these terms for simplicity for other kids, but in the end it's just going to be even more confusing.

most people on youtube are just trolls. And I get really annoyed when people take things like that seriously.

in general, the youtube comment section should be avoided. the people are ... special...

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

MY GOD! I cringed watching her mutilate that Mac. That woman is NUTS!!! Who the heck does that!

that was awful.. that is a proper computer just ruined by a dumb nutjob.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I hate when people say that. My friend with a iPhone 5 said that his phone can take better video than my $350 camcorder -.-

I was just a party helping the DJ and I looked over when they opened the grill to start cutting up the pig. One guy starts to take pics with an iPad. I couldn't watch.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

One of my classmates said that one of the alienware computers had a Petabyte of storage.

Dayum son that's gonna make it a real gaming machine....

I was just a party helping the DJ and I looked over when they opened the grill to start cutting up the pig. One guy starts to take pics with an iPad. I couldn't watch.

You're not disgusted by a pig being cut up, but by a guy with an iPad Camera?

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn

I find that even a 512x512 TP Doesn't affect my fps too much, even on a GTX 650. Does look quite stunning though.

Once you add Extra resolutions with better Textures with shaders' amazingness... It's not even minecraft anymore :P

EDIT: 1440p or 3 monitors, whatever floats yer boat.

Yeah? Well what about 1024x1024 TP on a 64 MB Video Card?

Everybody in my class (Well, everyone I asked) said Alienware was better than not over-priced brands... (I asked Alien or CyberPower, MSI, Asus, etc...)

Most of the people I know in my school know barely anything about computers.

Yeah? Well what about 1024x1024 TP on a 64 MB Video Card?

How bout you try that, then come back to me. I'll be here :)

That's why I've been leaning away from youtube. Crazy/stupid people can get CERTIFIED by youtube, just do something "special" a few times and there ya go.

I like Youtube, there are a lot of talented people on that but a whole lot of crazy psychopaths who do shit like that lady and get views. It's a Mac but it's still a well-built computer, and costs REAL money. That woman be bat-shit crazy!