Nvidia's latest driver drops (350.12 WHQL) with support for GTA V and other games.

Original Article: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-350-12-whql-driver-released

1_gtavpc_03272015.jpg

So, like with any new game release, drivers get an update. In this case how ever, the update has dropped before the game in question has been released.

Today Nvidia announced its 350.12 WHQL Driver which adds support for GTA V, along with SLI and 3D Vision support.

Thats not the only thing it does though.

It also adds SLI profiles and 3D Vision profiles for other games/improves upon them.

Assassin's Creed Rogue - Added SLI profile

Grand Theft Auto V - Added SLI profile
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - Added SLI profile
Victor Vran - Added SLI profile

Project Cars - Updated SLI profile

3D Vision profiles added:

Grand Theft Auto V - Rated 'Excellent'
Heroes of the Storm - Rated 'Excellent'
Mortal Kombat X - Rated 'Fair'

You can download the new driver HERE ready for GTA V's launch or to gain any of the additional benefits.

My thoughts.

It's a driver, not much to say about it. It is nice to see Nvidia trying to make the launch of GTA V for PC as smooth as possible.

With this drivers release before the games lauch, perhaps that means they have already had time to optimize the game?

Only time will tell, along with TotalBiscuit's Port Report. (It's good to hear hes starting to recover), that and all the people on this forum with their opinions.

I found out about this from EVGA Jacob on twitter through his tweet which you can see below.

EDIT:

AMD has just released their drivers for GTA V, announced by AMD Roy on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/587661043125522432

You can find the drivers HERE. - The drivers linked are for the R9 series of Graphics Cards (R9 2xx)

(Thanks to @WiiManic and @Altecice for bringing this to my attention)

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Alexp10v2

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

post-4032-0-46531500-1362448843.gif

That is one long arsed gif.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Thank god the driver came in time. Was wondering this morning if I would have to wait even more, just for nVidia to drop a driver for it.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

GTA5MAGXZDETELIZ!!!

best avatar NA

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

ahhh the sad state of the graphics world.... where Nvidia and AMD have to release new drivers for new games.

ahhh the sad state of the graphics world.... where Nvidia and AMD have to release new drivers for new games.

The game will work without the driver, its just they can optimise their libraries further for each game, meaning more performance. hardly a sad thing...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Anyone try to just install through geforce experience and have issues?  Would install fine if I just manually downloaded the driver.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Downloaded. Staring at the countdown clock as though it were a landmine.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Anyone try to just install through geforce experience and have issues?  Would install fine if I just manually downloaded the driver.

Its GFE. its a faulty program that never works. just uninstall it :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Any assistant software is largely pointless. I don't even like using AI Suite 3, since its just meh. 

the ONLY benefit of GFE is Shadowplay. And Gamestream if you're in the Nvidia ecosystem and enjoy playing games that way.

I never have trouble downloading drivers with it. Although shadowplay never works to record things.

Any assistant software is largely pointless. I don't even like using AI Suite 3, since its just meh. 

the ONLY benefit of GFE is Shadowplay. 

The only "assistant" software i use is CPUz and GPUz, along with XTU and Intel Desktop Utilities. between that, i get all the information, in a lightweight package, with no stupid shit everyone throws at me

I never have trouble downloading drivers with it. Although shadowplay never works to record things.

For me, it never even wanted to open. on numerous versions. it would sit in the tray, and when i wanted to open it, it just wouldnt. couldnt even uninstall through control panel

For me, it never even wanted to open. on numerous versions. it would sit in the tray, and when i wanted to open it, it just wouldnt. couldnt even uninstall through control panel

I'll admit, it takes a while to open for me.

I'll admit, it takes a while to open for me.

It NEVER opens for me. apart from the first time its installed. and then, it takes 10 trillion years to "check for updates"

It NEVER opens for me. apart from the first time its installed. and then, it takes 10 trillion years to "check for updates"

Mine works flawlessly, it must just not like you. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Mine works flawlessly, it must just not like you. 

Its not just me, when i last gave a shit about it, there was a massive thread on NV forums about the issues

Its not just me, when i last gave a shit about it, there was a massive thread on NV forums about the issues

You say it's not just you, but I am pretty certain that you made all those accounts and threads about the issue. :D

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I use CCleaner to uninstall everything.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Too bad Total Biscuit has said on Twitter that he has still not received his review code.

The game will work without the driver, its just they can optimise their libraries further for each game, meaning more performance. hardly a sad thing...

Shouldn't the game be optimized in the first place by the developers ?? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yup, know that feel. Might just ditch it altogether. I know what games i can and cannot run at 'x' settings. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Shouldn't the game be optimized in the first place by the developers ?? 

You cant optimise how the card processes certain things. that is up to the driver issuer