Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Ti with Full GM200 Core Ready – Planned for September Launch

ahhming

They aren't. The people their trying to get to buy their 980ti aren't the people that would even consider buying a Titan X. Though maybe some of them would, but generally speaking.. I think they know what they're doing. ;)

No, but the other way around; why would anyone buy a Titan X, if they can buy this? There is no double precision performance in these 900 cards (incl. Titan X), so what's the point of that card and all the vram? So a 980ti will kill off all Titan X sales.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

This bet isn't going to be fun.

Who said it's gonna be fun ?  :P , Video or it didn't happen 

on topic - the dealer warned me of 980 when i bought 780ti,but even if i waited a week more, i still wanted a 980ti not a 980. all said, if everything was unlocked on 980, will they just up the core clocks and release it ? that'd be lame.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

thought the full core has already been used.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I think nVidia's waiting for AMD to launch the 390X to possibly laugh in their face...but i'd laugh my ass up if the 390X turned out to be better than the 980Ti, and nVidia would just postpone the launch for "driver optimization and minor touches" stuff.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

the same for the original titan and 780ti

The Titan and Titan Black had Double Precision, the 780 and 780 Ti did not was the justification. For this reason, I suspect that the 980 Ti may have a cut down GM200 core, but I don't know. It makes no sense for NVIDIA to undercut themselves like that.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I might get this if I can get something like a Black Friday deal on it (seems unlikely but one has to hope. I'd be fine with like $50 off) since I really want to upgrade from my 670. I can't wait to find out more. It also makes me wonder when Nvidia's next generation of GPUs is coming out.

they'll kill the titan, because that titan doesn't have the double precision thingy the original had

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

No, but the other way around; why would anyone buy a Titan X, if they can buy this? There is no double precision performance in these 900 cards (incl. Titan X), so what's the point of that card and all the vram? So a 980ti will kill off all Titan X sales.

Yeah, but it's knot like the TitanX was gonna sell that well anyway, their not really undercutting themselves. The kinda people who were going to buy TitanX Will still buy it

- snip-

Way too late. How am I supposed to play The Witcher 3 maxed out? With a TitanX? Dammit.

I also hope that the 980 Ti won't have 5.5GBs of VRAM instead of 6GBs as it is rumored.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Man, I really hope AMD can stay in the race!  it will be bad news for the industry if they fall too far behind.

Flag ship GPUs are nice for dick waving but that isn't where the money is.

AMD needs to focus on the $150 to $400 range GPUs, but if rumors are to be believed the GPUs they are working on at that price range are going to be another refresh of the the GPU architecture they've been using for a few years now.

Hopefully AMD can take advantage of doing another refresh really lower the price of their mid range GPUs making the price to performance out weight them lacking thing new and shinny that would get people exited.

It's not going to be 980Ti as that would mean there is no new series this year.
It will be either GTX1080 or GTX1080Ti and a cut down version of GM200 for the other cards.

My guess is :
GTX1080Ti = Titan X with less Vram
GTX1080 = GM200 with a bit less cuda cores
GTX1070 = GTX980
GTX1060 = GTX970

RTX2070OC 

Yeah, but it's knot like the TitanX was gonna sell that well anyway, their not really undercutting themselves. The kinda people who were going to buy TitanX Will still buy it

Except sites like OcUK are constantly selling out as soon as they get stock. Much faster and in higher quantities then they sols GTX 980's

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Considering what they've got under their sleeve, I'd say they should give nvidia a run for their money, well, it's not like amd was ever really that far behind in terms of performance in the graphics card market. Hell, the most powerful single-card gpu is still an amd card. (Note i said single card, not single core, the titan x is the fastest single-core, but the 295 is still just that little bit faster.)

Very true!  

AMD's HBM has a lot of potential!  And next year Nvidia's Pascal cards are sure to be interesting!

Actually, stacked memory is going to be awesome for a lot of things.  SSDs, RAM, GPUs, memory sticks, mobile devices...  Things are looking really exciting for the next while.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

hopefully this drops the price of the regular 980 so I can pick up a cheap one for SLI

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

According to this, 6GB Vram = $300

FP64 performance is probably nerfed as well. If not, then I do not see any reason for the Titan X to even exist, besides the 12GB of VRAM which few people will be able to make use of anyway...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

FP64 performance is probably nerfed as well. If not, then I do not see any reason for the Titan X to even exist, besides the 12GB of VRAM which few people will be able to make use of anyway...

Double precision is super shit on Titan X; so shit in fact, that even cheap AMD APU's, can do better.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Double precision is super shit on Titan X; so shit in fact, that even cheap AMD APU's, can do better.

Oh didn't know that. I assumed the Titan series was for professionals therefore their fp64 performance was boosted compared to the rest of the geforce series...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Except sites like OcUK are constantly selling out as soon as they get stock. Much faster and in higher quantities then they sols GTX 980's

Fair enough, sorry for assuming things without proper research.

- snip-

This bet isn't going to be fun.

Not for you ;) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Make it 8GB of vRAM and I'll consider.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Make it 8GB of vRAM and I'll consider.

It probably wouldn't allocate properly on the bus. I think they would have to go 9GB.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

so whats the point of buying a titan x? the titan x has 1/32 double precision so the 980 ti will have 1/64 double precision so people purchase the titan x for the higher DP lol