R5 M330 Vs Intel HD 520

TLDR:

old laptop,

i7-6500U

8gb RAM 2133MHz

R5 M330

Vaseky V800 500GB SSD

Recently realized that my integrated graphics has 4GB of VRAM, and the R5 M330 only has 2, should I be using the intel one for gaming instead? Yeah I know it's not much but it'll all I got for now. Also it says in task manager 4GB GPU memory, and 4GB shared GPU memory,what does that even mean, Thanks!

1 hour ago, Georgeskal said:

my integrated graphics has 4GB of VRAM,

Your iGPU doesn't have VRAM, it shares system RAM. This value is set to 1/2 of system ram, so 4GB in this case.

But if you have the system, why not try both and see what works better. It seems that the iGPU should be better from a quick goodly though.

Its shared ram not vram. Since you already only have 8 keep using the rm330.Besides that thr 330m is faster too.

Either way these gpu's are FAR too weak to even use 4gb of vram fully without being single digit fps.

For hardware accelerated tasks the IGPU will better, for graphics accelerated tasks the R5 M330 is better. It should be somewhat competent for pretty old games unlike the igpu which loooves to have terrible graphical issues on even easy to run titles.