LGBT community

carguy86

Guys guys I did it omg, I finally made up with my best friend :D 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Yeah. I'm 18...

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Awesome!

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

2 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Figured out how to bypass one of my parent's silly rules of "you can't close your bedroom door ever because your computers are in there"

So I shutdown my desktop, password protected my laptops, and then put them outside the door...

You have... An unhealthy family situation...

Guys im actually freaking out 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

11 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Guys im actually freaking out

Why? Your friend?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

10 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Why? Your friend?

Like freaking out in happiness

Spoiler

AXIOM

14 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

tKveX.jpg

I had to take not one, but two L's after this win.

Also I've been in that map a couple times, I forget the name. Pretty nice map.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Went to batteries plus. Didn't think they'd have one, but I found not just an unused battery for my G2, but one that was manufactured less than a few months ago. The battery replacement was somewhat tense, but I'm pretty sure I didn't break anything.

The old battery bent slightly due to use of glue. Unsure of what to do with that right now. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

6 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Went to batteries plus. Didn't think they'd have one, but I found not just an unused battery for my G2, but one that was manufactured less than a few months ago. The battery replacement was somewhat tense, but I'm pretty sure I didn't break anything.

The old battery bent slightly due to use of glue. Unsure of what to do with that right now. 

Flatten it out or ignore it, either works

9 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Take it ti your local fire department, they should have some sort of battery recycling / disposal program that will handle it safely.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

So even though I shouldn't work on computers right now, I worked on my Toshiba Satellite Pro 465CDX a bit anyway.

CompactFlash to IDE adapter has one too many pins and if I bend a pin to make it fit in, the ancient laptop refuses to boot. Fantastic!

34 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Flatten it out or ignore it, either works

I did run some benchmarks to get the battery down to 25% before I took it apart. I do love how the instructions mention some sort of highly trained professional being required to replace the battery in the device though. Either I'm more of a "pro" than I realize, or more likely, the standard of Pro is quite low. 

My eyes see the past…

34 minutes ago, Daring said:

So even though I shouldn't work on computers right now, I worked on my Toshiba Satellite Pro 465CDX a bit anyway.

CompactFlash to IDE adapter has one too many pins and if I bend a pin to make it fit in, the ancient laptop refuses to boot. Fantastic!

12 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I did run some benchmarks to get the battery down to 25% before I took it apart. I do love how the instructions mention some sort of highly trained professional being required to replace the battery in the device though. Either I'm more of a "pro" than I realize, or more likely, the standard of Pro is quite low. 

I think this applies to both of your posts nicely xD 

Customer: Where can I get a BIOS upgrade for my 286 computer?

Tech: The unit should have been shipped with the latest bios.

Customer: Well I upgraded the processor myself, and my computer doesn't seem to work.

Tech: What did you upgrade the processor to?

Customer: I upgraded it to a 486DX-50.

Tech: Sir... The 286 chip is soldered on the motherboard!

Customer: I know, I took out my handy soldering iron and took it out and put the 486 on myself.

Tech: Sir, the 486 is bigger than the 286.

Customer: I know, I had to use quite a bit of solder to solder the extra pins together.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I shoulda just spent the extra $8 on a standard 2.5" IDE drive.

On January 31, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Daring said:

I'm wicked OCD about cable management.

I think I made it at least a little better.  I ran the CPU power cable behind the mb, did the same for the power cable for my DVD drive, and moved the USB 2.0 cable for the LED strips. (came with the computer but never use them)

There really doesn't seem to be as much room behind the motherboard as I wish there was.  Also, the sata cables are how I have them because I wasn't sure if there's a better way to route them and I would move the USB 3.0 cable but it's a bit loose in the motherboard header so I'm concerned that trying to route it through the hole to the right of the header would cause the cable not to be firmly plugged in.  

Does the cpu power cable look ok how it is now?    

I was a little concerned it would be bent too extremely and be bad for the connector and wires.  

Spoiler

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

On January 31, 2017 at 8:01 PM, wcreek said:

Yeah I divested myself from Apple's ecosystem around 2012/2013, fully at the end of 2014. I've been considering returning partially not because Apple has gotten better, they've kinda gotten a little worse at least with their priorities.

But partially because Jake and curiosity.

Meh, I want to buy new.

Definitely.  They charge insane prices for insufficient and in some cases outdated hardware.  Back in early spring 2010 when I'd gotten my old (new at the time of course) Sager laptop it had a first gen i7-920XM and a 1GB GTX 285M while my brother had gotten whatever the most recent MacBook Pro at the time and it still had a Core2Duo and while it did have a dedicated Nvidia GPU it only had 512MB of VRAM.  While I know VRAM is not the only indicator of performance having more is certainly better and more is typically found on better cards.  So I'm quite certain the card in that MacBook Pro was notably worse than a 285M.  

I prefer new but macs are pricey and if you mainly need it for iMessage and FaceTime then a used Mac wouldn't hurt to save you money.  

On January 31, 2017 at 8:45 PM, ShadowTechXTS said:

Mine

So you're the mod on your Discord server?    You have magical mod powers on it?  

21 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Thanks. Not really. More like hugs for a good day  ?

This reminds me of my skepticism back in 2010 when Apple launched a tablet whose name " iPad" was inspired by feminine hygiene products.

I really thought back then that the iPad will flop because no one bought the Microsoft Tablet PC back in 2001. I was wrong. Though I skipped the first and bought the 2nd gen iPad 2. 

Oh.  That's a relief.  Hugs do make a day better.  ?

14 hours ago, chrisholland03 said:

I just figured out Blue's Clues

Because I'm really smart

Nice job!  ?

Now can you tell me how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop?  

I'm dying to know.  ?

13 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Anyone know a place where I can source a reasonably recent battery for my G2? 

What does a PSU need a battery for?

12 hours ago, DeezNoNos said:

Pink floyd is love

Unfortunately The Wall is pretty much the only Pink Floyd album I like some of the songs on.  I've tried to get more interested in Pink Floyd but it didn't happen...

11 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Alright, my parents are getting far too fucking invasive.

They have apparently been reading through this very thread.

If you two still have an internet connection by this point, I'm not impressed. At all. This needs to stop.

How do they know your username?

I'm not sure what the last thing means but I assume it's directed at your nosy parents?

10 hours ago, wcreek said:

But Purple and Blue are the favorite colors of @Dan Castellaneta  and me.

Whoever likes blue: ?

8 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

My dumb flash drive decided to commit seppuku within a 10 minute span (worked on phone just a few minutes prior, then put it in pc, was never again detected on anything). Accursed thing was only 9 months old too. 

Is it common for these things to just die without physical damage, nor any sort of warning? 

A USB flash drive?  Or a sd card?

7 hours ago, Daring said:

Everyone is telling me to see a doctor... but my parents are like "We can't take you into a doctor right now."

dammit...

You can't go by yourself?

6 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Perhaps I'll put together an external SSD to carry around instead...

Not a bad idea if it would work well for your needs.

Btw: do you happen to know of some cheap W10 tablets to suggest?

6 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why wouldn't you get an enclosure instead of a bare SSD and an adapter?

4 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Get one of these:

1485992092654676748797.jpg

The enclosure is like 10 bucks, comes with a screwdriver and really beefy micro usb 3.0 cable. Takes a full height msata SSD, which are reasonably cheap.

The one in this enclosure manages 450mbyte/s read/write over usb 3.0

Is there a reason to use mSATA instead of a regular sata SSD?

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

Yay!  Were you two having a disagreement or something going on?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Whoever likes blue: ?

Well I am the one that likes Blue but I think Purple is a nice color.

Again my case in point is my wallpaper...

Spoiler

Galaxy4k52.jpg

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, Daring said:

What's the "extra" pin supposed to be for?

43 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

They probably just say that to discourage people with zero tech skill who really shouldn't go anywhere near computer hardware.  

So that doesn't apply to you.  Compared to the average user people like you are pros.  ?

21 minutes ago, Daring said:

I shoulda just spent the extra $8 on a standard 2.5" IDE drive.

This was a creative solution to try.  Nothing wrong with that.  It's too bad it seems to be giving you trouble.  

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

They probably just say that to discourage people with zero tech skill who really shouldn't go anywhere near computer hardware.  

So that doesn't apply to you.  Compared to the average user people like you are pros.  ?

This was a creative solution to try.  Nothing wrong with that.  It's too bad it seems to be giving you trouble.  

Woe to anyone that dares try to break apart a mega quote on a smartphone. 

The G2 in question was not the EVGA PSU, rather, the LG G2 smartphone. The battery life had been pretty terrible for some time. I wanted to replace the battery. 

My eyes see the past…

14 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I think I made it at least a little better.  I ran the CPU power cable behind the mb, did the same for the power cable for my DVD drive, and moved the USB 2.0 cable for the LED strips. (came with the computer but never use them)

Yes, that is eleventy bajillion times better.

14 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

There really doesn't seem to be as much room behind the motherboard as I wish there was.  Also, the sata cables are how I have them because I wasn't sure if there's a better way to route them and I would move the USB 3.0 cable but it's a bit loose in the motherboard header so I'm concerned that trying to route it through the hole to the right of the header would cause the cable not to be firmly plugged in.  

That's why I got the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, plenty of room for cables behind the motherboard tray. I just wish it was a bit more dustproof.

15 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

You can't go by yourself?

No driver's license.

10 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hell if I know.

10 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Well if Druaga1 is anything to go by, I can eventually get this working!

@Bleedingyamato I see you tend to quote a lot of people in your post which makes it hard for me to quote you back but all hail the tagging system

25 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Well I am the one that likes Blue but I think Purple is a nice color.

Again my case in point is my wallpaper...

Reveal hidden contents

Galaxy4k52.jpg

I like both colors but blue is my favorite.  

Thats a very nice wallpaper.  ?

18 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Woe to anyone that dares try to break apart a mega quote on a smartphone. 

The G2 in question was not the EVGA PSU, rather, the LG G2 smartphone. The battery life had been pretty terrible for some time. I wanted to replace the battery. 

I'm sorry...  Please forgive me!  ?

Ohhh.  Sorry.  I saw G2 so I thought it was a PSU.  

That's good you were able to find a new battery for it.  

12 minutes ago, Daring said:

Yes, that is eleventy bajillion times better.

That's why I got the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, plenty of room for cables behind the motherboard tray. I just wish it was a bit more dustproof.

No driver's license.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hell if I know.

Well if Druaga1 is anything to go by, I can eventually get this working!

I hope so.  I felt bad my cables were bothering you..  ?

Your case are doesn't have filters or some other reason dust is an issue?

Ummm..  Why don't you have a driver's license at your age?

I believe in you.  You'll get it working one way or another.  ?

11 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I had to edit that all out on mobile...

Its a smaller case

Sorry...

But is the performance any different?

9 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

@Bleedingyamato I see you tend to quote a lot of people in your post which makes it hard for me to quote you back but all hail the tagging system

I'm confused..  Isn't quoting better than tagging if I'm commenting on specific thing others have said?