LGBT community

carguy86
13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Where's the epic groan button?!  ? lol

:3

14 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It certainly looks more durable than my Sager.  What's in it?

i5-2540M @ 2.6GHz, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB + 320GB Western Digital drive I had lying around, 16GB DDR3 and a 14" 1600x900 matte TN panel with pleb-tier viewing angles and average color reproduction. Oh, and a magnesium rollcage for added durability around the display and frame of the laptop.

Only downside: Intel HD Graphics 3000.

22 minutes ago, Daring said:

i5-2540M @ 2.6GHz, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB + 320GB Western Digital drive I had lying around, 16GB DDR3 and a 14" 1600x900 matte TN panel with pleb-tier viewing angles and average color reproduction. Oh, and a magnesium rollcage for added durability around the display and frame of the laptop.

I've got you beat xD

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I've got you beat xD

But do you have two storage devices in your laptop?

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Three

External or Interlan?

32 minutes ago, Daring said:

Nice.  I would assume that CPU is better than the 920XM in my laptop.  Though mine does have a 1080p screen (not sure how good it is color and angle wise) and a GTX 285M.  But my laptop is running 32-bit W7 with only 4GB of whatever kind of ram is in it (closer to 3GB usable) so with your presumably better CPU and the SSD in it your laptop is likely beating mine in a few areas.   

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Three

How do you have 3 drives in your laptop?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Nice.  I would assume that CPU is better than the 920XM in my laptop.  Though mine does have a 1080p screen (not sure how good it is color and angle wise) and a GTX 285M.  But my laptop is running 32-bit W7 with only 4GB of whatever kind of ram is in it (closer to 3GB usable) so with your presumably better CPU and the SSD in it your laptop is likely beating mine in a few areas.   

>i7-920XM
>GTX 285M
>32-bit Windows 7

>4GB RAM

why

8 minutes ago, Daring said:

why would you run just 32-bit windows on that

I was worried that 64-bit would affect compatibility for running games.  

I still don't know if 32 vs 64 bit actually makes any different tbh.  ?

it doesn't.

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Where were you 7 years ago to tell me that?!  ? 

Why doesn't it make a difference?

Over in New England, doing something.

Because 64-bit Windows literally contains 32-bit Windows libraries as well, for compatibility with 32-bit Windows.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Did you never notice the Program Files (x86) folder in 64 bit Windows nowadays? :P

Considering how he asks me every tech question ever I kinda doubt it.

I already get enough tech questions from my family, I don't need any more (especially not on a tech forum uwu).

22 minutes ago, Daring said:

it doesn't.

It does.... if you want to access large files or amounts of RAM, you need 64 bit, and programs written/converted poorly will cause a performance hit, I've measured this myself.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It does.... if you want to access large files or amounts of RAM, you need 64 bit, and programs written/converted poorly will cause a performance hit, I've measured this myself.

I meant towards games but ok :P 

30 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

64-bit OS means applications can address more memory greater than 4 GB which is beneficial for those Google Chrome tabs. Also, a 64-bit OS is slightly more secure than a 32-bit OS. Some applications do run faster on a 64-bit OS with RAM greater than 4 GB.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

28 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Did you never notice the Program Files (x86) folder in 64 bit Windows nowadays? :P

Yeah but what's that supposed to tell me besides those are 32-bit programs?

30 minutes ago, Daring said:

Over in New England, doing something.

Because 64-bit Windows literally contains 32-bit Windows libraries as well, for compatibility with 32-bit Windows.

Well how was I supposed to know that?  ?

26 minutes ago, Daring said:

Considering how he asks me every tech question ever I kinda doubt it.

I already get enough tech questions from my family, I don't need any more (especially not on a tech forum uwu).

Mean...  ?

You our should be happy I ask you questions.  It's because you know stuff worth asking about.  That's a good thing.

I was going to ask Randomness this but just because you're so warm and fuzzy inside I'll ask you: 

If it's 32-bit Windows why is it shown as x86?  Why 86 instead of 32?

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Well how was I supposed to know that?  ?

google is your friend.

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

If it's 32-bit Windows why is it shown as x86?  Why 86 instead of 32?

Refers to the x86 architecture, which in of itself is derived from the name of the Intel 8086, which was the first CPU to use the architecture. That's why it's x86 instead of x32, because it refers to the 8086 CPU (and descendant CPUs, e.g. the i386).

5 minutes ago, Daring said:

google is your friend.

Refers to the x86 architecture, which in of itself is derived from the name of the Intel 8086, which was the first CPU to use the architecture. That's why it's x86 instead of x32, because it refers to the 8086 CPU (and descendant CPUs, e.g. the i386).

I'm really bad at it.  It must hate me.  ?

Idk what x86 architecture (or computer architecture in general) is but I'll hold off asking you for now at least to be nice.  ?

I'm sorry if I annoy you sometimes.  It makes me sad to know that I apparently do...  

Idk what x86 architecture (or computer architecture in general) is but I'll hold off asking you for now at least to be nice.  ?

Basically, it's an instruction set. Every computer that is an actual computer and not a phone or tablet uses it. Unless otherwise noted (e.g. PowerPC used to be prevalent in Apple computers.)

4 minutes ago, Daring said:

Basically, it's an instruction set. Every computer that is an actual computer and not a phone or tablet uses it. Unless otherwise noted (e.g. PowerPC used to be prevalent in Apple computers.)

Thank you but you didn't have to tell me now.  ?