Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

I installed Ish*tunes while running rainmeter...for some reason it crashed my computer. Yea.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I had thought my middle mouse wheel had broken, so i bought a new one. i thought that one was fucked up art first for a bout a week then i realized it was something on my pc. It in the end was a software i had installed to make my desktop look prettier that messed up the mb3 function.

lets see poor overclocking which kept causing BSOD which i eventually fixed but the most stupid and terrible pc failure i had was shuttingdown my pc durring a bios update since it was running "slow" which i now know is somewhat normal since its updating bios, yep i broke my bios:( good thing it was removable:) also i sometimes delete random files that look "useless" and then i find out that i actually needed it. but my SSD is so short on space:(

i was doing a little modding and switching out a side panel that had fan mounts with a clear acrylic one. so i started to cut a piece then finally got home 30 min later with this new side window to fit it in my case and then....i jacked up the measurements so it was too short. so i went back to the shop cut another piece began drilling holes the i snapped the acrylic....so i try again for the THIRD time. cut it just right. drilled all the holes....get home set it down on my desk and start to sand down the edges....then i hear this terrible sound....i had set the acrylic on a small chunk of metal from an ikea build when i started vigorously sanding....i put a huge scratch RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE. i was so done and fed up that i just put it in the system as is. with this obnoxious scratch in my beautiful clear side panel.

3 days later i come to find out, Antec my case's manufacturer, now offers the exact side panel i tried to create. with all the beveling all the mounts no scratches for half of what i paid for 3 custom pieces of acrylic...

this is my greatest pc fail 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I once had a raid 0 volume with windows on it fail. they were both terrible hard drives, which was why I was running them in RAID, but it was still annoying to have to reinstall windows.

i set all memory timings to 0 once this was pre mem ok buttons.

school wasnt happy :/

resetting the bios wasn't working properly either.

i set all memory timings to 0 once this was pre mem ok buttons.

school wasnt happy :/

resetting the bios wasn't working properly either.

You are the winner, i will be sending you your games shortly!

Everyone feel free to keep posting more PC fails! there might be more games up for grabs!

Cracked monitor while trying to de bezzle it :(

As a reply to the pic in the OP:

This was in a bus ticket machine on Malta, was like that for a week I think.
324164_10150579037064261_1735448570_o.jp

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

When I was building PC first time I couldnt get it started. Two days I was wonder what the **** was wrong with it.

Powerbutton cable in wrong slot. Daymn.

I have another case to tell about my friend:

He was building PC for his friend and he plugged gtx670 in the pcie slot while the computer was on :DDDD

Gtx670 broke.

You will probably figure this one out when i say: Coffee n' keyboard

Yup.. Had a cup of coffee standing on the shelf above my monitor where i have my speakers.

And i usually plug my headphones into the jack on the subwoofer like this2013-06-09232229_zps66445c03.jpg

Imagine a coffee cup where my sunglasses are

The headphone cable was right behind the cup.

Then i decided to go into the kitchen and get myself something to eat. So i hung my headset on my case and got up

Completely oblivious to the fact that the clip on the cable was still firmly attatched to one of the belt loops on my pants :(

Feeling the clip yank itself free made me turn around quickly.. just in time to see the cup come crashing down on my keyboard

f234 where the only keys that still worked and the E key spazzed out completely.

Now my razer black widow ultimate 2011 is dead.. after 2 years of faithfull service.

Writing this on a wireless 19:- keyboard :( But atleast i've got myself a reason to try another brand XD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Hmm, BIOS update, when i thought thinking about it first.

i7 5960X OC 4.40Ghz II GTX 1080 Asus Stryx II X99S Gaming 7 MSI II 16GB Vengence DDR4 II 250GB Samsung 850 II 3x 1 TB HDD WD II 

Designer by Heart, Gamer by Blood

Send me a PM if you want a custom Profile Pic or Background!  --

If you like what I made you , share it with everyone In this thread Here!

not connecting the battery in my UPS and finding it out the hard way while rendering a video T,T

Pretty amazing stuff

Pulling the front panel connectors ( trying to do some cable management ) off the motherboard on my old computer and it did not properly show where they went, i sat for like 3 hours connecting them to see if they worked ...

hahaha this is going to be my new ringtone on my phone now :D

System drive (SATA I) and data drive (IDE) were the same size.  The SATA controller failed on the MB.  Not recognizing that the controler failed, and thinking that I was reinstalling the OS on the SATA drive, I overwrote all of my personal data - tax records, all my old school work, all my personal photos and videos.  You know, all that stuff you would grab if you had a fire and you could grab one thing.

But atleast XP was up and going again. :)

I was super super super tired and was taking my graphics card out of the PCIe slot.

I forgot to push down the level and crack, the slot came off with the card! I still feel stupid about it, but it still works. :P

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

tryng to install osx when i have an amd cpu O.o

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

• 4 weeks later...

Soooo i was reading THIS thread, and it got me thinking....Whats the worst tech mistake you have made? Could be anything from not buying quality parts to thinking its a good idea mess with your computer while its one. So tell your stories! 

trying to remove the bezel of an LCD monitor by using a screwdriver on the screen to lever it. - It was late i was getting impatient.  

I have not made any big mistakes with my current pc but i did have my 8 pin connector for my GPU not be plugged in well so it came out in the middle of a world of tanks match. I fixed it and it should never come out again.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

When building my first PC, I didn't have the pushpins on the stock cpu cooler lined up correctly and I pressed WAY too hard to get them in and broke one...

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

i was messing with a radiator with unsecured barbs while my computer was on and then the liquid spilled on my titan...

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled