How long do RMAs usually take?

Snickerzz

I sent my mobo to biostar in california (i'm in indiana) and they received it tuesday and i just want to know how long it might take to get my board back

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Normal turnaround is 5-10 business days for most things...On average ive seen it take about 4 days....then again ive seen turnarounds of under one day and turnarounds of OVER 2.5 weeks *cough asus cough* But i would say 7 business days before they send it back to you!

Im just curious...why did you buy a biostart MB?

Normal turnaround is 5-10 business days for most things...On average ive seen it take about 4 days....then again ive seen turnarounds of under one day and turnarounds of OVER 2.5 weeks *cough asus cough* But i would say 7 business days before they send it back to you!

Im just curious...why did you buy a biostart MB?

first build

budget

didnt know

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

first build

budget

didnt know

Guess you wont be repeating that ahaha..i did the same thing

Guess you wont be repeating that ahaha..i did the same thing

nope >_<

Who the heck is biostar? Lol

a horrible mobo maker >-> http://www.biostar-usa.com

I just did an RMA with EVGA.  They got my GPU on Monday, shipped out my new one on Wednesday.  The slowest part of the process is shipping, really.  If you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for shipping then it can take a while.  Can be about a week each way with UPS Ground.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I just did an RMA with EVGA.  They got my GPU on Monday, shipped out my new one on Wednesday.  The slowest part of the process is shipping, really.  If you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for shipping then it can take a while.  Can be about a week each way with UPS Ground.

EVGA's RMA is pretty much the best in the industry. 

My MSI RMA for a motherboard took a month....and the one I received was broken again. Second one took a week and a half. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

EVGA's RMA is pretty much the best in the industry. 

Their motherboards, however, are not.

first build

budget

didnt know

I've heard that some of their higher end boards are actually pretty decent for their price.

Their motherboards, however, are not.

I've heard that some of their higher end boards are actually pretty decent for their price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138341

does this count as one of there high end boards? XD

I just have heard good things about one of their Z77 boards. Although, it is a lot harder to screw up a a Z77 board than a AM3+ board.

meh oh well, i learned my lesson about lesser brands ~_~

meh oh well, i learned my lesson about lesser brands ~_~

Yeah, stick to Asrock, MSI, Gigabyte and Asus. Even then, you have to read reviews. MSI is famous for their exploding boards, Asus has their overpriced ROG garbage, and all of them have released sub par boards from time to time.

Yeah, stick to Asrock, MSI, Gigabyte and Asus. Even then, you have to read reviews. MSI is famous for their exploding boards, Asus has their overpriced ROG garbage, and all of them have released sub par boards from time to time.

the reviews on the TA990FXE weren't bad so i went for it

the reviews on the TA990FXE weren't bad so i went for it

Look through a lot of reviews. I managed to find some bad review on that motherboard. 

Discussion on forums tends to be the best. Reviewers often aren't great at fully reviewing a product (look at the EVGA X79 FTW for example), but forums really tear products apart.

no worries

not long ;)

I have RMA'd alot of things (not from that company) but hell I'm sure its nothing to trouble yourself over ^_^

Edited by ybnrmalatall

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Biostar used to be ok. But that was a long time ago... Now there is just no reason to get one...

There are plenty of other manufactures that are just better in almost every way...

And I don't know where is Indiana inside the US... But I've heard that in most of the stasts in the USA, RMA are usually much faster than in most places...

Once I bought RAM, (back in the day of DDR 2) one of them was dead... And I was waiting to get a new one for almost 4 months...

But these days, it's much faster of what I've heard from people in my country...

RMAs can take anything from 3 days to 5 weeks (I know a guy who was still waiting on MSI to return his graphics card well after a month).

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II