[Lulz] - The Facebook 'Feeling Fat' Emoji Is No More

xeromynd
Facebook removes 'feeling fat' emoticon under pressure from online activists  

Social network says double-chinned emoji 'could reinforce negative body image'

Facebook this week removed a feature that allowed users to tell their friends they're "feeling fat," in apparent response to an online petition that garnered more than 16,000 signatures. The "feeling fat" emoticon had been among the lengthy list of feelings and activities that users can include when updating their statuses, alongside the likes of "blessed," "loved," and "drunk." Supporters of the petition argued that "fat is not a feeling," and that by including the smiling, double-chinned emoticon, Facebook was "encouraging negative body image among girls." The company removed the emoticon on Tuesday.

Read the full article HERE  (or on just about any news website)

It's not huge news, but rather, lulzy small tidbit news. Posted to throw a bit of fun in the News section, then I started thinking "wow this is ridiculous."

What's your take? I'd like to be able to feel fat, facebook is taking away my feelings. They are attacking my feels.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

But people have the choice to use it or not :/

Heck, they don't even need to post about "feeling fat" at all if they don't want to

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

OMG I CARE

As a fat guy, couldn't care less :P I dunno how skinny people would feel about this or whatever..

Well, at least Facebook is in the news again, they needed some more attention I suppose

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

oh damn, that was my fave emoji

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

OMG I CARE

As a fat guy, couldn't care less :P I dunno how skinny people would feel about this or whatever..

Well, at least Facebook is in the news again, they needed some more attention I suppose

Well I dont think that facebook initiated such attention

Political correctness is a retardation caused by the heavy handed application of lessons on "what is wrong" combined with the ironic extremity of safety culture. Fat is technically not a feeling, that is correct, but it would be correct to say that things such as this petition are a construct of wanting to be accepted for useless, needless gluttony in a world with so much poverty.

tl;dr - Political correctness is annoying and fat acceptance is just an excuse to stop fat people from being called fat.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

holy shit, never noticed they had emoticons in the first place...

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Well I dont think that facebook initiated such attention

They didn't initiate the first flow of attention (the 'protest')

but did initiate the second wave of attention with removing the emitocon (It's an emoticon, not emoji. deal with it.)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

There are others they should remove too then #cuteisnotafeeling, #mehisnotafeeling, #prettyisnotafeeling. How can a smiling smiley be negative

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

That is stupid as fuck.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So basically some fat ass feminists got offended so therefore its removed ?

Makes sense...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

FFS you don't have to f*cking use it if you don't like it this is beyond pathetic, im actually in disbelief this is a thing -_-

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I wonder if Facebook would change it back if we made a petition for re-adding the icon and it got more than the 16,000 sigs that the removal petition got.

16,000 seems like a pathetically small number of signs on the WHOLE INTERNET to bend over to. Maybe Facebook thought it would be a good PR move.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

In before people with liver illnesses starts complaining that the smileys are yellow... "If your skin looked like that then you wouldn't feel 'amazed'!"

I feel so happy that I’ve helped eliminate one form of body shaming hatred on the internet.

Holy shit how delusional can someone be? Yeah what a great victory. Pat yourselves on the back. Now that people can't use the fat emoji (except they still can, it's there under "stuffed") I am sure "fat shaming" will end.

I don't even get what they mean by "reinforce negative body image". What negative image is being reinforced here exactly?

So basically some fat ass feminists got offended so therefore its removed ?

Makes sense...

Well we can only see (or partially see) 8 of the people in the image, but 7 of them seems like they have a pretty healthy weight and 1 only looks slightly overweight (very slightly). So it's pretty safe to say that it's a bunch of idiots being offended on the behalf of others.

This is offensive. Which emoji are fat people now supposed to use to explain the sensation of fat on their body? Are they saying that fat people don't exist?? This is outrageous!

Lol, "Fat is not a feeling"

yes it is, if you're feeling fat, you feel like you've ate to much.

God, SJWs are so stupid sometimes it physically hurts

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

In before people with liver illnesses starts complaining that the smileys are yellow... "If your skin looked like that then you wouldn't feel 'amazed'!"

Holy shit how delusional can someone be? Yeah what a great victory. Pat yourselves on the back. Now that people can't use the fat emoji (except they still can, it's there under "stuffed") I am sure "fat shaming" will end.

I don't even get what they mean by "reinforce negative body image". What negative image is being reinforced here exactly?

Well we can only see (or partially see) 8 of the people in the image, but 7 of them seems like they have a pretty healthy weight and 1 only looks slightly overweight (very slightly). So it's pretty safe to say that it's a bunch of idiots being offended on the behalf of others.

The chubby one in left bottom corner seems to be offended the most haha. Look at her facial expression :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I was so offended I had to waste energy for Facebook to remove it. Makes sense.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

This is pretty idiotic.  When I think of "feeling fat", I'm thinking "I just ate a metric crapton of food, and now my stomach is protruding and it kinda hurts"  Hence, fatter than normal.  I think that was quite an accurate description for that FEELING.  Now we just use stuffed for the same thing, and then down the road they are gonna try and ban that.  Damn this politically correct BS.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro