[Lulz] - The Facebook 'Feeling Fat' Emoji Is No More

xeromynd

This whole thing is a microcosm of this emerging "HEY YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HURT MY FEELINGS" mentality

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

The chubby one in left bottom corner seems to be offended the most haha. Look at her facial expression :D

You know what. I am no longer that upset about the removal of the "fat emoji". Just found the perfect replacement.

Just finished a huge pizza, and I'm now going to eat chips while watching an anime about food.

post-216-0-82426100-1426108559.jpg

yes I know it's super mean, but so is limiting the ways people can communicate.

Well, I hate to burst the PC bubble on them but FAT is a feeling.  In fact most sociologists, psychiatrists and psychologists would tell you that anorexia is basically a self image issue that stems from an uncontrollable feeling like they are too fat.    But hey, lets not let reality get in the way of such things.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

At first I thought it was the anti-fat people saying that it should be removed, because being fat is bad. Now I realise it's fat-defenders trying to push their flabs into people's face.

Makes me lose all faith when people actually think we should be promoting 'fat Barbies', and fat Disney characters. No, we shouldn't. Being fat is wrong, unhealthy, dangerous, etc.

Being fat isn't okay. It shouldn't be accepted. Get off your lard arses and do some exercise. Thank you.

*sigh* really? "what? FB offers a "feeling fat" moji? I feel offended because besides calling myself "curvy" and "beautiful" and I think that "real women" have curves, I'm very insecure about my looks. so I blame them for my insecurity!

If anything I now feel restricted in my feelings because despite not exactly having the body of an athlete I am not allowed to feel fat anymore. FUCK YOU, FB, IT'S MY RIGHT TO FEEL FAT IF I WANT! #realmenfart

When does this shit stop? Some day we'll end up without any form of emotional expression because someone somewhere might feel offended.

Removing a smiley face from facebook doesn't make you skinny.

I could not have said it better.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This. 

If you don't like being fat, or being labeled as such, get off your actually fat arse and do something about it instead of complaining. But then that's probably why they're fat in the first place, isn't it?

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Facebook is shitty anyway, someone please find a replacement, I'd deactivate my account if my irl friends didn't use it to communicate with me...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I really wish this planet to blew up sometimes. Woohoo society has nothing to do, lets bitch over anything we can find.

Pathetic.

Jesus christ the things people will waste their energy on....

Maybe if they wasted it on something else they wouldn't be fat  :lol:

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

This is literally stupid as fuck. Its actually more offensive to remove that fat emoji. By removing it because it can "reinforce a negative body image" they are literally saying that being fat is negative. 

There is nothing wrong with being fat to the same extent that there is nothing wrong with being thin. Let people have whatever body type they want. Some of the fat people I know IRL embrace it. Which I think is the right attitude, the only way to get rid of the social stigma around being "fat" is to god damned fucking embrace it. Gay people haven't gained acceptance by hiding and feeling ashamed, they did it by embracing themselves.

I've always seen the "feeling fat" option as more of a tongue-in-cheek thing anyway. Like, when you go out for dinner and eat way too much then update your status with that "feeling".

This is actually an outrage! Now I can't use the fat emoji after I eat an entire pizza to myself. Thanks, SJWs.  -_-

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

By removing it because it can "reinforce a negative body image" they are literally saying that being fat is negative.

Well, it is. You can't compare being fat to being gay because one has been linked to several health issues such as heart diseases and the other is harmless. Also, you can't choose what sexual preferences you have, but you can choose what you put in your own mouth.

"Fat acceptance" makes as much sense as "heroin addiction acceptance". Obviously you shouldn't be mean to either of them because they have problems. You shouldn't encourage them to continue though, because that just does more harm than good.

At first I thought it was the anti-fat people saying that it should be removed, because being fat is bad. Now I realise it's fat-defenders trying to push their flabs into people's face.

Makes me lose all faith when people actually think we should be promoting 'fat Barbies', and fat Disney characters. No, we shouldn't. Being fat is wrong, unhealthy, dangerous, etc.

Being fat isn't okay. It shouldn't be accepted. Get off your lard arses and do some exercise. Thank you.

Hmmmmm.

How do you feel about 250-300 pound professional athletes/bodybuilders/wrestlers? They too put their bodies under dangerous conditions. (How many football/hockey players have had concussions and life-altering injuries? How many professional wrestlers have had their lives shortened due to the constant bumps and hits? How many bodybuilders have died early due to steroid-induced heart problems?)

How many average people have shortened their lives due smoking, drinking, and drugs? Do you say we shouldn't accept those as well?

According to your logic every person should never engage in anything that could be dangerous. Guess no more biking, skateboarding, swimming, sky diving, bodybuilding, football, hockey, baseball, parkour. Its just too dangerous, you could die!!!

What's next, do you want to have government-mandated meals of what is and is not acceptable to eat? People will get a diet prescription from their doctors dictating what they can and cannot eat, then they take their diet prescription to the grocery store to get it filled?

By the way, what the fuck even defines fat? Please, enlighten me. Give me exact definitions. I'd love to hear them Dr. Idort.

P.S. I'm not fat, I'm 5'11 150 lbs.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Well, it is. You can't compare being fat to being gay because one has been linked to several health issues such as heart diseases and the other is harmless. Also, you can't choose what sexual preferences you have, but you can choose what you put in your own mouth.

"Fat acceptance" makes as much sense as "heroin addiction acceptance". Obviously you shouldn't be mean to either of them because they have problems. You shouldn't encourage them to continue though, because that just does more harm than good.

Smoking and alcohol are linked to a massive list of health issues. Should we reject any person who engages in either of those? After all, smoking and drinking is a choice, just like eating.

Smoking and alcohol are linked to a massive list of health issues. Should we reject any person who engages in either of those? After all, smoking and drinking is a choice, just like eating.

Yep, I totally think that we should discourage smoking and alcohol consumption, especially if it's in such extreme quantities. That's why I fully support things like discouraging labels on cigarette packages.

Thanks for giving me an even better analogy by the way. Fat acceptance is pretty much exactly the same as "alcoholism acceptance". We should accept alcoholics for who they are, and don't try to discourage them from drinking, right?

Oh and don't try to strawman. I never said anything about rejecting fat people. I clearly said "you shouldn't encourage them to continue". I think you should explain to them that being overweight is a real health problem (if they have been brainwashed by the "fat acceptance" movement) and encourage them to get better.

Jesus christ the things people will waste their energy on....

If only they wasted more energy they wouldn't complain

I wish

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

If fat is not a feeling, does that just make me fat?

Political correctness is a retardation caused by the heavy handed application of lessons on "what is wrong" combined with the ironic extremity of safety culture. Fat is technically not a feeling, that is correct, but it would be correct to say that things such as this petition are a construct of wanting to be accepted for useless, needless gluttony in a world with so much poverty.

tl;dr - Political correctness is annoying and fat acceptance is just an excuse to stop fat people from being called fat.

Fuck Political Correctness.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Fat it totally a feeling I gorge myself on food all the time like a leech

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Why why was this a thing in the first place 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Update (03-13-15):

"Microsoft to move away from exFAT and FAT32 file systems due to increasing activist pressure."

Read the Full article: http://bit.ly/1e1PWAt

0042_1024x680_1.png

(i had to)

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I saw this earlier. Actually, no, I don't, because this might just be the worst post I've ever seen on these forums.

Hmmmmm.

How do you feel about 250-300 pound professional athletes/bodybuilders/wrestlers? They too put their bodies under dangerous conditions. (How many football/hockey players have had concussions and life-altering injuries? How many professional wrestlers have had their lives shortened due to the constant bumps and hits? How many bodybuilders have died early due to steroid-induced heart problems?)

Because while professional sports do have some inherent dangers, those dangers are relatively unlikely. Being a hambeast is dangerous and unhealthy 100% of the time. Also, being fit and athletic is not is objectively a good thing - it prolongs your life, allows you to do basic functions, gives you a better quality of life, and so on. Being fat is none of these things, and offers zero benefit. While athletes generate revenue out of their performances, hamplanets do not. There is zero benefit to being fat for the person, or for society.

It's embarrassing you are comparing being a fatty to being a professional athlete. Doing professional sport is the same as being a lazy shit? Or that living on the edge is the same as being a lazy shit? That's like comparing soldiers and suicide, and saying "well they both die, so they are both honourable, right guys?". Fucking lol. Also, being fat is unhealthy. Exercise is healthy. Being unhealthy is negative. Being healthy is positive. Thus, being fit is better than being fat.

You mention steroids, which are already negatively frowned upon. No idea why you brought that up.

Professional wrestling is also much, much safer these days, especially since the Chris Benoit incident. In the WWE, head blows and chair shots to the head are now completely banned. Moves that put the head/neck/spine at risk are banned by a majority of the rosters. There is a drug wellness policy that is incredibly strict on drug and steroid use, leading to termination if broken. This applies to all major sports, and MMA/UFC too. You can take precautions and increase your safety. You can't do that being obese.

Also, none of those things you mentioned are a global health epidemic.

How many average people have shortened their lives due smoking, drinking, and drugs? Do you say we shouldn't accept those as well?

No shit, unhealthy smoking, drinking and drugs already are frowned upon. We don't say lie to crackheads and tell them they are beautiful the way they are.

We, as a society, has been against smoking for at least two decades. Smoking is in rapid decline. Why is this a bad tactic when it comes to be obesity?

According to your logic every person should never engage in anything that could be dangerous. Guess no more biking, skateboarding, swimming, sky diving, bodybuilding, football, hockey, baseball, parkour. Its just too dangerous, you could die!!!

I did not say anything of the sort. Nice try though.

What's next, do you want to have government-mandated meals of what is and is not acceptable to eat? People will get a diet prescription from their doctors dictating what they can and cannot eat, then they take their diet prescription to the grocery store to get it filled?

Government funding and taxes should not be wasted on fatties who can't control themselves when it comes to basic diet. So no, I do not.

By the way, what the fuck even defines fat? Please, enlighten me. Give me exact definitions. I'd love to hear them Dr. Idort.

Well done, you've realised the line between 'normal' and 'fat' is somewhat arbitrary. It doesn't mean fatness doesn't exist.

P.S. I'm not fat, I'm 5'11 150 lbs.

"pls define fat"

"oh btw i'm not fat"

Nice slippery slope! What the fuck even definies 'not fat'? Please, enlighten me. Give me exact definitions. I'd love to hear them, Dr. SJW.

I wish I saw this earlier. Actually, no, I don't, because this might just be the worst post I've ever seen on these forums.

Because while professional sports do have some inherent dangers, those dangers are relatively unlikely. Being a hambeast is dangerous and unhealthy 100% of the time. Also, being fit and athletic is not is objectively a good thing - it prolongs your life, allows you to do basic functions, gives you a better quality of life, and so on. Being fat is none of these things, and offers zero benefit. While athletes generate revenue out of their performances, hamplanets do not. There is zero benefit to being fat for the person, or for society.

It's embarrassing you are comparing being a fatty to being a professional athlete. Doing professional sport is the same as being a lazy shit? Or that living on the edge is the same as being a lazy shit? That's like comparing soldiers and suicide, and saying "well they both die, so they are both honourable, right guys?". Fucking lol. Also, being fat is unhealthy. Exercise is healthy. Being unhealthy is negative. Being healthy is positive. Thus, being fit is better than being fat.

You mention steroids, which are already negatively frowned upon. No idea why you brought that up.

Professional wrestling is also much, much safer these days, especially since the Chris Benoit incident. In the WWE, head blows and chair shots to the head are now completely banned. Moves that put the head/neck/spine at risk are banned by a majority of the rosters. There is a drug wellness policy that is incredibly strict on drug and steroid use, leading to termination if broken. This applies to all major sports, and MMA/UFC too. You can take precautions and increase your safety. You can't do that being obese.

Also, none of those things you mentioned are a global health epidemic.

No shit, unhealthy smoking, drinking and drugs already are frowned upon. We don't say lie to crackheads and tell them they are beautiful the way they are.

We, as a society, has been against smoking for at least two decades. Smoking is in rapid decline. Why is this a bad tactic when it comes to be obesity?

I did not say anything of the sort. Nice try though.

Government funding and taxes should not be wasted on fatties who can't control themselves when it comes to basic diet. So no, I do not.

Well done, you've realised the line between 'normal' and 'fat' is somewhat arbitrary. It doesn't mean fatness doesn't exist.

"pls define fat"

"oh btw i'm not fat"

Nice slippery slope! What the fuck even definies 'not fat'? Please, enlighten me. Give me exact definitions. I'd love to hear them, Dr. SJW.

At the end of the day Idort, humans are going to do stupid and dangerous things. They always have and always will. Whether you bless them with your approval or not.

I can't stand the fact that people smoke cigarettes. I think its fucking disgusting and its extremely unhealthy. But I know I can never change the fact that people will do whatever the fuck they want.

Just like you, Idort, need to accept the fact that you can never stop a fatty from stuffing their face with 4000 calories each day. Cry a river, build a bridge, and get the fuck over it.

At the end of the day Idort, humans are going to do stupid and dangerous things. They always have and always will. Whether you bless them with your approval or not.

I can't stand the fact that people smoke cigarettes. I think its fucking disgusting and its extremely unhealthy. But I know I can never change the fact that people will do whatever the fuck they want.

Just like you, Idort, need to accept the fact that you can never stop a fatty from stuffing their face with 4000 calories each day. Cry a river, build a bridge, and get the fuck over it.

I don't give a fuck whether some hambeast can't control their diet. It's the fact that these freaks are pushing the "being obese is okay" and "being dangerously unhealthy is fine". It isn't. If we promote this shit, it's going to put people off from actually improving themselves because they've been brainwashed with "it's okay".

You can't stand people who smoke cigarettes? Well it's a good thing we've spend the last decades trying to get people to stop, isn't it?