What's your reaction when people recommend alienware?

Title.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

-Mark Twain

I kinda wish they knew anything about computers...

I don't mind, as I then go on and let them know that building a PC is better and wiser.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

"Hah! Alienware? That computer building company that builds trashy-looking and usually overpriced PCs? There are other options out there that are usually more cost efficient and pretty, so that's a no to Alienware" is my response

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Same as everything else; if they want my opinion I'll give it to them. If they don't, I won't say anything.

I don't care. As long as they know they are getting ripped off. 

Dell stuff is quality, it is not going to explode on them. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

"Enjoy your Dell"

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I had an Alienware, it was okay.  Overpriced, but actually performed quite well.  I just sold it and bought myself an x99 rig.  It was a lot better value and much more enjoyable to build than just ordering a computer.  I might be a bit of a Dell fanboy, I have an XPS 13 which I love, am about to order a Dell 4k monitor, and I had the Alienware.  I guess I just trust them.  Dell is by no means a bad company, the build quality, performance, and reliability of my XPS 13 is out of this world, but if you have confidence, just build one.  That's pretty much what I say shortened down quite a bit, I tend to ramble on a lot.  

A little OffTopic but, This one kid brought his alienware to school and was claiming it has 1tb ram and a somebullshitnumber-TB hard drive, and cost him $5000. I looked and the thing only has one gfx card in it and is mATX. Or some weird dell proprietary thing. 

their desktops? just dont

their laptops? they are expensive, but hella nice. the quality is insaine. 

besides, if you want the ultimate ITX system, whats better then a laptop that will take a dual slot card?

people can buy whatever they want with their money

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Its your money, its your loss.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Meh... Followed by a shrug.

If pressed, discuss the merits and negatives, then move on with my life. No use getting all worked up over someone elses computer choices, because it doesn't matter.

Well...seeing as I own an Alienware M15x laptop from 2010, I'd recommend it. I don't understand why it's so difficult for people to accept that other people may have opinions that differ from theirs. Use whatever the fk you like and let others do as they please. I've only had positive experiences with Dell and Alienware, so I'm likely to recommend them to other people. Sue me.

Depends. If it's a laptop, then you options are limited.

And Alienware is the only company offering next-business day on site service (that means the technician comes at your place, the next business day from your call, with parts to fix your system at the time you want).

And Dell does a pretty good job with the system.

Depends. If it's a laptop, then you options are limited.

And Alienware is the only company offering next-business day on site service (that means the technician comes at your place, the next business day from your call, with parts to fix your system at the time you want).

And Dell does a pretty good job with the system.

Truth. 

Their desktops? Go elsewhere. Their slimlines? Reasonable. Their laptops? Have fun buying something else that is aluminum unibody with as good a OEM warranty (and same/next day service) with reasonably high specs (especially on the larger ones)

When I went to buy my 17" laptop a few years ago, it came down to a 17" MBP or a 17" Alienware. The MBP won out just because of its excellent battery life AND specs that were comparable to the 17" Alienware, and this time again the rMBP won out over the Alienware and Blade; but really what do you expect? 

If you want to pay for quality goods with quality hardware you're going to pay. Some people value paying more for compact firepower, and others refuse to understand that even on this site. Would be nice if my Air 540 was compact and fit in my backpack, but it doesn't, it never will, so I'll spend money on something that gives me 80% of the oomph with 10000000000% more portability.