What's your reaction when people recommend alienware?

Refer them to a psychiatrist

Or even refer them to a mental hospital (Broadmoor Mental Institute anyone?) 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

A little OffTopic but, This one kid brought his alienware to school and was claiming it has 1tb ram and a somebullshitnumber-TB hard drive, and cost him $5000. I looked and the thing only has one gfx card in it and is mATX. Or some weird dell proprietary thing. 

Someone brought a desktop to school?

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

if cost is not a problem then i don't care but if price is a problem and/or they want a powerful pc i think it is stupid

My friends always says that their dream is to get Alienware.

And I ask why.

They simply say "Because, it is Dell's Company".

And then I say "Good luck bruh"

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

ALIENWARE!?!?!?!? All of there systems are way overpriced for what you get. And in my opinion they are UGLY. There are way better options. Like build one yourself. you get more for your money and most often a better looking system.

IT JUST BLOWS MY MIND HOW LIKED THEY ARE.

It's sad that they don't know about other places that build a PC for you, like http://ibuypower.com/- the shipping is 70$ but you basically pick everything from case to every part and they send you a built pc. The parts are also the basic newegg price. 

You basically get a build computer at your door, built by a pro, same price as buying parts at new-egg, and all it costs is the shipping price.

Also you can save 100$ by picking a formatted HDD without an OS and install your own :P

I usually give a recommendation after hearing that. So they know there are options. Like it's almost a reflex to just recommending anything.

"Uhhh, have you considered this banana?"

But in all seriousness I show them other flashy stuff since they like flashy.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Unless it's the Area 51 I say. No... Nooo Don't do it ...

Interested in Business and Technology

I had an Alienware, it was okay.  Overpriced, but actually performed quite well. 

Ofcourse it will be performing quit well, they use normal good parts just bump the price up.

Don't hear it very often, but the other day in London Drugs ( Western Canadians know the place) i heard a kid say to his dad " I wonder if they sell Alienware here " Dad replies with "  Alien what? "

I can't comment on the XPS line, but I can say that when it comes to monitors, Dell makes some damn good products as long as you know what you're looking for. They all have slim, flat, matte bezels, lots of I/O, very flexible stands, and they make 16:10 cheaply, not to mention that they have a large amount of displays that are actually color-calibrated for professional use.

They don't have shiny features like G-Sync, and they don't have high refresh rates, but if you're looking for a no-bullshit monitor that will last you a long time, Dell isn't a bad choice by any means.

Plus every single display they ship has pivot. How can you argue with that?

I have a Dell S2240M 60Hz IPS monitor. It's REALLY nice for a value-oriented IPS. I would buy it again, especially considering I got 15% off on Amazon. It has beautiful color, super thin glass bezels with a plastic frame so thin I forget it's even there sometimes. It doesn't have the greatest IO, but it has a DVI connection, which is fine by me. However, it is not VESA compatible, does not have swivel, pivot, or height adjust. It only has tilt, which is fine though I wish it was VESA compatible as it means I'll have to get different monitors if I ever wish to use a aftermarket stand at all. Very nice monitor, though. Simple and has everything I need, keeping it's price low and the unit thin by cutting the luxuries.

In response to OP though, I usually put a picture of some Alienware crap on my phone, then show them a picture of my rig that I made for a far lower price. I always offer to build their PC for them, at a price, if they're too afraid of breaking things.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD 5800X

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3070 Ti

SSD: WD SN850X 4TB x2

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Master B550

Case: Fractal Torrent

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Ofcourse it will be performing quit well, they use normal good parts just bump the price up.

I meant the performance surprised me for the price I paid for it, i got it while they were having a huge deal.  Instead of paying 1400, I only paid 1100.  Right now, the computer with the same specs as mine is back up to 1400 again.  

Yes.

top kek

Dell Inspiron 3147

Tooooo expensive. Alienware is not worth the money. You can find so many other Laptops/Computers with the same (except the fancy lights)hardware a way cheaper.
I wonder that there are still people that are buying these products.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

"Hah! Alienware? That computer building company that builds trashy-looking and usually overpriced PCs? There are other options out there that are usually more cost efficient and pretty, so that's a no to Alienware" is my response

usually overpriced?you mean constantly overpriced. It would probably be easy to pay half or even less for what they charge you

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

usually overpriced?you mean constantly overpriced. It would probably be easy to pay half or even less for what they charge you

I just said usually in case someone started bitching that I was being unfair

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

No, mobo and PSU are crap. They use WD Greens in their Area 51 desktops, and their PSUs are crappy multi-rail units 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro