What's your reaction when people recommend alienware?

im ready for the shitstorm!

i own a alienware x51......;D

i got it because i didn't know anything about computers (at that time, it was a long time ago)  and wanted to just game.

and i like the looks of my x51 sitting on next to my monitor glowing and stuff+ its small...(like linus i too prefer small fe.. pc's?)

s t u f f

Spoiler

i7-5960x | 32Gb 2400Mhz | Titan Xp | Define R6 | Custom Loop

I dont take something like that too seriously, i just laugh and then proceed to convince them otherwise..

im ready for the shitstorm!

i own a alienware x51......;D

i got it because i didn't know anything about computers (at that time, it was a long time ago)  and wanted to just game.

and i like the looks of my x51 sitting on next to my monitor glowing and stuff+ its small...(like linus i too prefer small fe.. pc's?)

Good! There is no shame. People think that everyone can be super knowledgeable about computer, like if it was genuinely easy. It isn't. There is HUGE amount of things to know about. It takes a long time, time that many people prefer to invest in something else.

TO me, it's like a building contractor or civil engineer say to people: Building a small house is easy. You can do it yourself! Just know some management knowledge, and hire the right companies and they'll install each step properly. You'll save huge amount of money! No it is not easy. They are big complications that can arrived and you should know what to do (the same way a computer not work), you need to know the product your are using are genuinely good and compatible with the material you are using. You have a lot of complications with the soil, and which action to take. and what to do. Sure3 a PC is drastically cheaper and smaller and easier to handle. But it doesn't make it easy.

Well, If you think an alienware is bad for gaming - this will make you want to kill yourself.

Somebody told their mother that an alienware 14 was a really powerful computer and got her to buy it. The sad thing is that she will probably think that she spent her money wisely when she can open her emails faster; never realising that an ssd was all she needed.

This is my reaction.

anime-guy-wallpapers-8102-hd-wallpapers.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Its like the wrong thing in the bad part of town... You're going to get jumped...

Anyone that mentions purchasing a new PC and mentions Alienware, I immediately interrupt them, and tell them to build their own PC. Even if you've never built one before, its really not that hard.

Specs:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz cooled by Corsair H80i | ASUS Maximus VII Formula |  G.Skill 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 2133 | EVGA 980 Superclocked (Fry) | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro OS Drive | WD Black HDD | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair Vengeance K70 | Logitech G502 Proteus Core

lol @ AMD 8350

Well, If you think an alienware is bad for gaming - this will make you want to kill yourself.

Somebody told their mother that an alienware 14 was a really powerful computer and got her to buy it. The sad thing is that she will probably think that she spent her money wisely when she can open her emails faster; never realising that an ssd was all she needed.

I love OSFirstTimer, it proves that parents know next to nothing about tech (mostly) 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

• 1 month later...

While building a pc is wiser I own an Alienware 17 r5 before egpu dock and let me be the first to tell you its fast. Definitely over priced but well worth it for the non soldered versions. I have 2 generation to upgrade all components you would in a desktop minus not having m.2 or newer Ethernet card. People  that can't afford it will talk crap and that which can will tell you its not a waste. Clevo/Sager might be $50-100 cheaper. 

Locked - Thread Necro

4.3 Thread Necroing

Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time by the OP with the intention of bumping the thread to the top of the board. Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing". A shorter duration may be considered when dealing with situations like previously resolved threads being reposted or simply for the purpose of bumping it to the front page. Build logs are exempt from this rule.