Phantom Glass failed me twice.

Hi there!

So I decided to get phantom glass on linus's good review and since he was pushing it so hard.

First impressions, It was very easy to put on, and I barely noticed it was there aside from the cutouts for the camera, proximity sensor and speaker. Feels just like the original glass, and there were no bubbles.

Firstly I would like to say that I am very careful with my devices and I have never broken a screen before. Within a week after getting the screen protector, it chipped at the bottom of the device. It also chipped at the top corner. This second chip was larger. It cracked from there clear across the screen shortly after I noticed it.

So I got a warranty replacement. I am glad to say that it was very easy to get a replacement, and the warranty procedure was painless. Sadly though, the same thing happened to the replacement, in about the same timeframe.

So I went 2 screen protectors in less than a month.

Again I want to stress that I am very careful with my phones. I'm not sure how the chips got there I just want you to know that I was being cautious with it.

Conclusion: Very easy to break, Buy with caution

-Dave

post-15730-0-99011300-1423806775_thumb.j

post-15730-0-99011300-1423806775_thumb.j

Hi there!

So I decided to get phantom glass on linus's good review and since he was pushing it so hard.

First impressions, It was very easy to put on, and I barely noticed it was there aside from the cutouts for the camera, proximity sensor and speaker. Feels just like the original glass, and there were no bubbles.

Firstly I would like to say that I am very careful with my devices and I have never broken a screen before. Within a week after getting the screen protector, it chipped at the bottom of the device. It also chipped at the top corner. This second chip was larger. It cracked from there clear across the screen shortly after I noticed it.

So I got a warranty replacement. I am glad to say that it was very easy to get a replacement, and the warranty procedure was painless. Sadly though, the same thing happened to the replacement, in about the same timeframe.

So I went 2 screen protectors in less than a month.

Again I want to stress that I am very careful with my phones. I'm not sure how the chips got there I just want you to know that I was being cautious with it.

Conclusion: Very easy to break, Buy with caution

-Dave

well it's supposed to take the damage so your phone doesn't...

sounds defective tho; maybe try customer support?

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

That's why I go with a plastic screen protector. You know, the one that actually is like cellophane, yet thicker and stronger.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Ive always used iShieldz :/ more like a vinyl. Very noticeable in terms of feeling but in terms of the screens picture quality its about the same after it finishes drying so i love them.

You Must Have The Legendary-

NIPPLE OF AUSTIN EVANS!!!

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

I had the same issue with the Zagg InvisibleShield Glass which was also highly rated. I paid $40 for it and only took like a month to crack.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

I had the same issue with the Zagg InvisibleShield Glass which was also highly rated. I paid $40 for it and only took like a month to crack.

Same here, though it saved my phone from a nasty drop so I can't say I'm disappointed. Have been running without a protector at all on my M8 and everything has been fine for the past three months.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I got a dbrand.glass before they took it off the shelfes and I have the same experience. I left it on since I got it some months ago and its chipped and cracked everywhere. Still protects the screen tho I guess. And dbrand refounded everyone, so its not that bad. :)

W1 | X4 965 | 4x2GB | HD7950 | 550w | 240GBx2

Ew, petrol based material.

I feel confident in saying that at least 90% of what you own has some sort of petrol based material (e.g. plastic) in it.

Ew, petrol based material.

You probably use objects made of plastic.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Ive always used iShieldz :/ more like a vinyl. Very noticeable in terms of feeling but in terms of the screens picture quality its about the same after it finishes drying so i love them.

Ah yes, I've used that before on my iPhone 3G (that's ancient lol). very effective, but as you said, it's thick and stretchy like latex so it sacrifices a lot of the feel.

I personally didn't like the feel of it so I peeled it off (and then my screen got busted, oh the irony)

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Are you in a cold climate in which you may experience extreme changes of temperature going from inside to outdoors.

Are you in a cold climate in which you may experience extreme changes of temperature going from inside to outdoors.

Yes I am but Phantom Glass is a Canadian Company, they will have considered that.

Yes I am but Phantom Glass is a Canadian Company, they will have considered that.

Oh yea :P

Almost forgot that they were a Canadian company.

i bought a tempered glass for my G2 for 1.88$ off ebay.free shipping. i have it for 3 months now and its still fine.not even a scratch. you guys must be crazy to pay 40$ on a tempered glass. the whole screen itself cost the same lol

Apple-iPhone-5s-6-and-6-Plus-Teardown-co

xtremeguard is great and it's $5 with lifetime warranty so they send u new ones if you're crazy enough to break them

;))))))))

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Damn, sorry to hear that :(. Sending you a PM now. I'll make sure we get this taken care of.

I have more posts than you. By that logic I am far superior to you. You must surrender your job to me so I can obsess about Linus all day.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

I have more posts than you. By that logic I am far superior to you. You must surrender your job to me so I can obsess about Linus all day.

But you don't have a profile picture, you cannot be superior to anyone.

0480a42283b17a473ab87c570578e337.gif

I think Phantom Glass was really meant to be used in combination with one of those bumper-style cases.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I think Phantom Glass was really meant to be used in combination with one of those bumper-style cases.

i use phantom glass with a dbrand skin and the combo is better than any case I've ever used 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Beware! Austin's Nipples are Everywhere!!

Da fuq?