Gaming & Windows Experience on iMac 5K - iSwitched Part 4

Thanks nick

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

I dunno coming here to the forum and seeing a multipart episode is like getting my crack for a day so it cant be all bad 

thanks nick

Awesome. Although it must not be ready yet.

EDIT: here it is, thanks!

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Damn i was to early, waiting for the video to upload haha, Hello from New Zealand @nicklmg, and thx :)

Thanks Nick!

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

So many post in the first minute

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

Video works now

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Lol you got the keycaps from massdrop :P

After watching: still not getting a mac, too much of a change for practically no return, at least not how I use a computer

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

APPLE AAPPLE =:o

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Anyone notice Linus made the 4970k mistake twice?

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

Anyone notice Linus made the 4970k mistake twice?

Ikr hahahaha

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Let's take an unlocked CPU and put it in a machine where it has to sit at 100° C just at stock clocks!

Innovation...

To fork out so much $ for a machine that can hardly be upgraded is just baaaad choice.

Not just for gamers and ordinary users, but also for professionals.

Don't be an iSheep.

imo the newer imacs are worse than the older ones. better specs, yes of course, but the machine itself is just worse.

But you imply that buying this makes you an isheep? Hardly.

I think its when you become an obsessive, defending absolutely everything and making it sound like the best thing in the world is when you become an iSheep.

before someone rages and calls me a retard fanboy: i am not defending macs

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Less cookie crumbs more cookie!

Cookie crumbs are cookies, except tiny.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Maybe I am in the minority, but I actually do enjoy the multipart episodes. 

There was obviously a lot to talk about when it comes to the iMac/OSX ecosystem and looking beyond the usual scope of high performing PC parts gives one a better understanding of the realities of the tech market. I will probably never own an iMac. But that does not mean I shouldn't know about them.

I feel like the garbage can Mac is more of Linus' kind of thing.

I'd be interested in the Ubuntu experience on the iMac.