Official Nvidia GTX 970 Discussion Thread

That's not the consumer problem, that's for NVIDIA to deal with the manufacturers. I can list you Consumer Defense organizations in Europe that provide free lawyers.

I don't give a fuck about the future proof - what the hell are you talking about?! I can buy shit to stay on the top of a table gathering dust for all you care. But I bought what was advertised.

If not, then I get refunded.

Btw are you really a product manager, and if so, just out of pure curiosity, where? 

Interested in Business and Technology

Nvidia scammed their costumers , now i dont know if it was fucking incompetence or they wanted to lie to customers to sell cards to early adopters.

But they fucking scammed them either way.

You absolute cretin. ffs.

Damn this thread is one big fucking train wreck... Can't we all just get along :P

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

the 970 is still a great card but im still angry at nvidia for lying. "its a miss communication between the development team and marketing team" yea sure you expect us to believe that you've been miss communicating for months now. 

yeah:)

I can imagine it.

Marketing team calls the development team: Hi, can you say us how many GBs the 970 can use max?

development team: Well max 3.5 GB

Marketing team : Aha up to 4 GB, cool

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

You absolute cretin. ffs.

ITs the truth , i have proven it beyond the shadow of doubt.

Nvidia has admitted it.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nvidia-admits-to-error-in-gtx-970-specs-and-memory/1100-6424915/

The rig is up.

No , listen to me .

The specs are different , the 970 that nvidia promised doesn't exist do you understand?

Oh for fucks sake.

Before launch. Listed as 64. Really had 56. Benchmarks were done, people jizzed their pants over performance.

Now we know it was really 56. Nvidia lists it as 56 now. The same benchmarks still apply, since it's the same fucking card with the same 56 ROPs as before.

You're arguing that they lied on paper. They did. They didn't go back and cut 8 ROPs out after initial benchmarks. The cards only had 56 in the first place.

That's all. They lied on paper about a number. Yet you bastards were still happy to blow your loads over the card when the benches were done. It's still the same card.

Jesus, it's like the SJWs found out they can troll technology forums or something.

Guys stop arguing, we all know that nvidia has neer failed us and we should just accept that its The way it's mean't to be played

ITs the truth , i have proven it beyond the shadow of doubt.

Nvidia has admitted it.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nvidia-admits-to-error-in-gtx-970-specs-and-memory/1100-6424915/

The rig is up.

You do realise that as soon as they issue an apology people can actually start suing them? Cuz if you apologize there must be a reason for it. As long as they don't they stand a better chance in court.

But I do think Nvidia is in the wrong here, even though performance is still the same

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Oh for fucks sake.

Before launch. Listed as 64. Really had 56. Benchmarks were done, people jizzed their pants over performance.

Now we know it was really 56. Nvidia lists it as 56 now. The same benchmarks still apply, since it's the same fucking card with the same 56 ROPs as before.

You're arguing that they lied on paper. They did. They didn't go back and cut 8 ROPs out after initial benchmarks. The cards only had 56 in the first place.

That's all. They lied on paper about a number. Yet you bastards were still happy to blow your loads over the card when the benches were done. It's still the same card.

Jesus, it's like the SJWs found out they can troll technology forums or something.

Okay now i want an apology from nvidia since they are either incompetent or lying bastards.

And i want nvidia to do right by their customers.

Otherwise they will be sued up their ass by false advertisement.

False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising, and misrepresentation of the product at hand, which may negatively affect many stakeholders, especially consumers. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label.

False advertising, in the most blatant of contexts, is illegal in most countries. However, advertisers still find ways to deceive consumers in ways that are legal, or technically illegal but unenforceable.

I look at the box. It says 64 ROPs. I buy the card, open it up, look at it and find 56 ROPs.

False advertising, no matter the reason, period.

And at this point, a have a legal right to get a refund, no matter the actual performance or other differences that this makes.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Gamespot is just clickbaiting with that title. 

Fine look what i uncovered from my research:

Exibit A:

The video i linked 

Exbith B:

Fake specs at launch:

REVISED SPECS after this debacle

NJjhPSB.pngOriginal specs:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-geforce-gtx-970-strix-review,5.html

If you choose to ignore this FACT you are simply a fan boy.

I look at the box. It says 64 ROPs. I buy the card, open it up, look at it and find 56 ROPs.

False advertising, no matter the reason, period.

And at this point, a have a legal right to get a refund, no matter the actual performance or other differences that this makes.

What 970 do you have?

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Yeah, this is just an echochamber for morons.

AbandonThread.gif

You mad because you are an Nvidia fan boy?  Funny that with my avatar I'd be saying this to someone but I always said that I liked Nvidia more than AMD for video cards but was no fan boy.  I can see when they make mistakes and should have to pay for them.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Signed petition.

Hoping for revised edition.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Every single 970 has lower ROPS , l2 cache and memory performance then advertised.

No kidding!! Im wondering what box has the ROPS and cache listed on it? I have yet to see a GPU box with that much info about the Specs....

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

No , listen to me .

The specs are different , the 970 that nvidia promised doesn't exist do you understand?

So you bought your 970 based on the number of rops it had?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Not enough complaints on Facebook Nvidia pages that is for sure.  I added a few posts to a few official pages and others need to do it too.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S