Official Nvidia GTX 970 Discussion Thread

lied about a number of ROPs and the vRAM bandwith. the benchmarks are what they are, thats what we are defending

you definitely wont lose a friend

It is still a 4GB 256b card nevertheless, and it still performs like it was shown to, only now we know how they made it perform worse than a 980

It doesn't have the ROPS or bandwidth. That's pretty much enough for a refund.

A HDD with 7200RPM is different from one with 5400RPM, and they both can have 1TB and are useful to save data. Yet they are not the same.

If you choose to ignore this FACT you are simply a fan boy.

Or smart enough to not care as you shouldn't put any faith in specs as they're quite meaningless figures. Benchmarks on the other hand are actual useful metrics, which can give representative results of what the card can actually do. 

If you're honestly going to tell me that you can look at the # of cores, clock speed, and/or ROPs and tell me how a card will perform then you're downright lying. 

Dont. Call. Me. Sweetie.

Hey babe ;)

/please be a girl :unsure:

//please don't kill me 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Dont. Call. Me. Sweetie.

The performance of the 970 is what it is. its a 300$ card that can do 1080/1440p@60FPS, nothing more. we knew that from the day it was released. the fact that it has less ROPs and a different memory structure than what we thought before has nothing to do with it, and frankly, as a consumer, you need not care of that, if you get sufficient framerates from it

So you are okay with being lied to?

Guys breaking news ubisoft are great fellas now , they lied about watch dogs.

Lets forgive them.

Ubisoft best company of 2015 everyone!

I call you what ever I want to call you. And I don't want to be your friend. Deal with it.

Back on topic: You think this is something that can be solved by PR? How clueless are you?!

They sold THE WRONG PRODUCTS to people. There are no sweet talks when it comes to the law - in the UE they are pretty much fucked up if people want refunds - http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/shopping-abroad/guarantees/index_en.htm

At least inform yourself.

You do know they revised the specs themselves? it would be a problem if someone else were to come and shove the real specs up their asses, but they did it first, and can claim it was their mistake. yes its not nice, but the most you can do is complain, you will achieve nothing. its not like no other company ever before revised official specs on their products. just that fanboys of the other side blew this one out of proportions.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

What you guys are saying is that its super duper okay to lie to customers.

Right, let me note this here on my notepad so i can get some feedback when i create my company.

happy-cartoon-pencil-notepad-10795254.jp

Thanks guys , appreciate it.

Lying to customers , A okay.

You do know they revised the specs themselves? it would be a problem if someone else were to come and shove the real specs up their asses, but they did it first, and can claim it was their mistake. yes its not nice, but the most you can do is complain, you will achieve nothing. its not like no other company ever before revised official specs on their products. just that fanboys of the other side blew this one out of proportions.

Well, they revised them after some questions were raised. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It doesn't have the ROPS or bandwidth. That's pretty much enough for a refund.

A HDD with 7200RPM is different from one with 5400RPM, and they both can have 1TB and are useful to save data. Yet they are not the same.

yes but a benchmark between a 7200 and a 5400 drives will be different. nothing changes when you got this information. you knew the benchmarks before buying, and are now trying to milk this situation. imo, you are the scumbag now.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

They can do what ever they want, but until they made the revision, till that date, people can get refunded.

A lawsuit would follow if they deny refunds. That's all.

Well, they revised them after some questions were raised. 

questions about vRAM, so they probably got an engineer to explain it to the PR department, somewhere in that time, he probably saw that they advertised it differently than what he knew the chip was, so he asked about it, and then it took them a while to issue a statement

They can do what ever they want, but until they made the revision, till that date, people can get refunded.

nope. unless you think gigabyte should offer refunds for all their motherboards, which they keep changing the specs of. or any other motherboard maker. or intel, for advertising haswell to have TSX extentions, but later disabling them due to a bug. its not how it works, sunshite ;)

yes but a benchmark between a 7200 and a 5400 drives will be different. nothing changes when you got this information. you knew the benchmarks before buying, and are now trying to milk this situation. imo, you are the scumbag now.

Bullshit people are complaining about stutters over 3.5 VRAM.

Let me read you this report from a LTT user Vyper.

After getting past 3.2-3.5gb of vram my game performance becomes unplayable and at times it crashes. This was tested in many games at 4K. I used SLI and both single cards. 

It affects people , not my fault you are inconsiderate and dont care about other people.
There.

Benchmarks and reviews is something made by third partys, and they can be easily bought for several reasons (visibility, SEO, even for leads generations) - it's not the gospel.

When you go to the shop you only have access to the product packaging and specs. That's all.

I was a scumbag before when I said Ubisoft was a shitty company and pre-orders are terrible practice that induce nothing but poor results. So yeah.

Bullshit people are complaining about stutters over 3.5 VRAM.

Let me read you this report from a LTT user Vyper.

It affects people , not my fault you are incosderate and dont care about other people.
There.

those stutters were present before this became a thing. you could check benchmarks and see that the card does not perform well at 4k, and save yourself 300-600$.

Benchmarks is something made by third partys, and they can be easily bought for several reasons (visibility, SEO, even for leads generations) - it's not the gospel.

When you go to the shop you only have access to the product packaging and specs. That's all.

I was a scumbag before when I said Ubisoft was a shitty company and pre-orders are terrible practice that induce nothing but poor results. So yeah.

Dude we have to forgive ubisoft because lying to the costumer is okay now!

Im gonna go to the ubisoft HQ and give everyone there a big HUG.

/s

those stutters were present before this became a thing. you could check benchmarks and see that the card does not perform well at 4k, and save yourself 300-600$.

Those stutters happen because of this:

EXsXGVl.gif

The performance degrades after a certain amount of VRAM used.

Nvidia said so themselfes and they provided rigged benchmarks without minimum FPS to show frame stutter.

You Nvidia apologists are suffering from this:

7f634e05888db8aaa23a62df0aa5d5a86705622a

Benchmarks and reviews is something made by third partys, and they can be easily bought for several reasons (visibility, SEO, even for leads generations) - it's not the gospel.

yes, benchmarks are made by a third party, ergo they are trustworthy. you check benchmarks to see what performance to expect. if you just decide to buy a gpu and go to a store without doing research.

What you guys are saying is that its super duper okay to lie to customers.

Right, let me note this here on my notepad so i can get some feedback when i create my company.

Thanks guys , appreciate it.

Lying to customers , A okay.

I don't think anyone here is OK with being lied too. You're missing the point of the discussion (argument because of certain idiots). People are suggesting that the card magically performs differently than what was advertised. It does not. Some people at Nvidia may have made a simple mistake or are just down right lying bastards (highly doubt it), either way the card performs as advertised. The specs are meaningless.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

yes, benchmarks are made by a third party, ergo they are trustworthy. you check benchmarks to see what performance to expect. if you just decide to buy a gpu and go to a store without doing research.

We are in the wrong here because we dont support as company with bankrupt business practices and who doesn't care about the consumer.

Its hard to correct people who are hellbent on blowing the issue out of proportion and acting like Nvidia basically stomped on your unborn children while laughing in your faces. 

Oh be quiet Mr. IfindanystoryIcanfindspamitonLTTandhopeitstickstomakeTHEWANSHOW.  When people like you make light of what Nvidia did or other companies or people have done when they are dishonest it does not help out our world heading into the future.  They lied.  People should be able to get full refunds for their cards.  Simple as that.  You probably are ok with governments bailing out the banks and the NFL letting the Patriots cheat and benefit from it too.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

yes, benchmarks are made by a third party, ergo they are trustworthy. you check benchmarks to see what performance to expect. if you just decide to buy a gpu and go to a store without doing research, then you are, a true and utter idiot.

now im out, enjoy your circle jerk here, you are all fucking morons who make me lose faith that LTT stays a good community... curse the day idiots like you joined

I'm sorry. I love my 3.5GB card now. Can we just start over?

Suing Nvidia? They didn't sell you the card. The manufacturers like EVGA will have to offer refunds. Not Nvidia.

Also., LOL at people buying GPUs to future proof. People who bought Titans couldn't future proof, and you think a middle tier card will let you future proof?

Too funny.

I don't think anyone here is OK with being lied too. You're missing the point of the discussion (argument because of certain idiots). People are suggesting that the card magically performs differently than what was advertised. It does not. Some people at Nvidia may have made a simple mistake or are just down right lying bastards (highly doubt it), either way the card performs as advertised. The specs are meaningless.

The performance is similar.

The point of the matter what nvidia did was shit and i want a fucking apology from them.

They didn't even issue a fucking apology for scamming their customers , what kind of clown show are they running over there?

Asides from some stutter reported by users of this forum, the performance is very similar yes.

I'm sorry. I love my 3.5GB card now. Can we just start over?

its a 4gig card ;) but yes, since you realised nothing changed, you get a second chance