Discord Screensharing having trouble with hitching, low quality video, framerate on newer CPU

I'm either crazy, or my system has an underlying video encoding issue;

I upgraded to a R7 5800x less than a year ago, and after upgrading, my discord screensharing quality dramatically dropped; and my friends can no-longer watch my stream without it hitching and looking like a power point presentation.

Previously, with my R5 3600, I was having no issues with screensharing, and everyone could watch fine.

I've tried reinstalling windows, updating both AMD CPU Drivers, Nvidia GeForce drivers (even skipped the version that gave discord issues), and checking internet configuration.

My config:

R7 5800x

32 gigs of RAM at 3200

RTX 3060xc (EVGA)

1tb NVME Gen 4 boot drive

I've seen posts around the internet regarding similar issues with my CPU and Discord.

Thoughts?

Consider listening to any music from Love Live! You'll enjoy it.

Browsing too much and not posting enough. Feel free to PM!

If I'm reading your post correctly, you have both AMD and Nvidia drivers installed on the board at the same time?  Since your GPU is an RTX 3060xc, which is Nvidia, then why do you have AMD video drivers installed?  I was always of the belief that it is either the one or the other but not both.  Try removing all the video drivers with DDU and then just installing the Nvidia drivers to match your card.

Take care and good luck.

3 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

If I'm reading your post correctly, you have both AMD and Nvidia drivers installed on the board at the same time?  Since your GPU is an RTX 3060xc, which is Nvidia, then why do you have AMD video drivers installed?  I was always of the belief that it is either the one or the other but not both.  Try removing all the video drivers with DDU and then just installing the Nvidia drivers to match your card.

Take care and good luck.

1 hour ago, Mungaru said:

I've tried reinstalling windows, updating both AMD CPU Drivers, Nvidia GeForce drivers 

Unfortunately, no, I do not have AMD GPU drivers installed, only Nvidia. I do appreciate the good luck though.

Consider listening to any music from Love Live! You'll enjoy it.

Browsing too much and not posting enough. Feel free to PM!

is there any reason to consider that this may not just be discord gobbling on massive brass orbs, and a coincidence?

at times i barely have audio quality better than a PBX call...