Eyes seeing at 22fps and motion blur making it less choppy hehe

MumsALizard

Nuclear_Facepalm.jpg

Well, hes not entirely wrong... motion blur is a very impressive (for lack of a better word) thing.

Just...not in computer rendered images/videos. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

But the real question is, is my mum a lizard?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Megabytes equals frame rate? What?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The answer, is yes.

MB = Motion Blur

Oops.

Motion blur doesn't have anything to do with frame rate.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

The answer, is yes.

MB = Motion Blur

So I am like half platypus half lizard? How does that work? :(

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

LWML8RD.gif

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

So I am like half platypus half lizard? How does that work? :(

Ask yo mama :D

But tbh i like MB sometimes, because it's just funny, the experience isn't better but 4 lolz, it's good. Especially the blur from nfs underground (yes that old-skool game, don't run it in crossfire, if you want to know why, just try) And with TM United it's also very nice.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

If she is, you better tell her to watch out for the FBI. =X

Shhh don't say that out loud!

But tbh i like MB sometimes, because it's just funny, the experience isn't better but 4 lolz, it's good. Especially the blur from nfs underground (yes that old-skool game, don't run it in crossfire, if you want to know why, just try) And with TM United it's also very nice.

Ask my mama? I would come up with a clever response, but instead of that I will just write in Comic Sans. #rekt

how's it funny and lolz?

Death to motion blur in FPS. :D
But yeah, motion blur can make the game feel better some times, but most of the times it just gets in the way. :D

how's it funny and lolz?

Why not? It makes everything look funny and it makes racing a lot more difficult, because i like that. I like the feeling just driving around seeing nothing clearly and just hoping i get the apex of the corner. Makes it more challenging ^^

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Oops.

Motion blur doesn't have anything to do with frame rate.

Well, it does a bit. Real-life/tv shows/movies would look very strange/awful without motion blur.

Although, I would still prefer shows/movies to be in 60fps+ and just let my brain do the bluring as I sometimes get a headache from watching a show/movie at 24fps. (To the point where I've actually considered taking all the shows/movies on my hdd and trying to export them at 60fps)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well, it does a bit. Real-life/tv shows/movies would look very strange/awful without motion blur.

Motion blur doesn't equal frame rate. That's my main point. It is there because of the camera and it works because of the camera.

Motion blur doesn't equal frame rate. That's my main point. It is there because of the camera and it works because of the camera.

Motion blur happens (irl) because the frame rate is too low. The reason a car is blurred as it races past you is because you can't focus on it fast enough -- i.e. the framerate is too low to keep up with the action, so your brain blurs the image to make sense of it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Shhh don't say that out loud!

Ask my mama? I would come up with a clever response, but instead of that I will just write in Comic Sans. #rekt

Well kay, i have a clever response! It's behind this tree

boom-pag1.jpg

Motion blur happens (irl) because the frame rate is too low. The reason a car is blurred as it races past you is because you can't focus on it fast enough -- i.e. the framerate is too low to keep up with the action, so your brain blurs the image to make sense of it. 

There is no frame rate in real life.

There is no frame rate in real life.

Theres no framerate because real life objects don't have to render as they exist in real life. However, your brain/eyes still have to see that object, focus on that object, track that object, and then refocus on it. All of which takes time -- time which limits the number of clear images (frames) one can see -- effectively framerate. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Theres no framerate because real life objects don't have to render as they exist in real life. However, your brain/eyes still have to see that object, focus on that object, track that object, and then refocus on it. All of which takes time -- time which limits the number of clear images (frames) one can see -- effectively framerate. 

No, it is not frame rate and I do not equate it as such. Your eyes do not see in frames. Your eyes have to refocus, but it's no different than a camera. Cameras don't see in frames. They capture light and convert that information over to a media file.