10 Tech Products That We Lost in 2014 :'(

The reason for this comparison is that you can buy storage for reasonable price, yet phones tend to stuck at 16GB or sometimes 32 GB, and if a phone has a SD car slot we are happy..

lol, I wouldn't be. It's an inelegant solution, a bandage solution to more storage- one that's unacceptable for me; I don't like bandage solutions. Bigger batteries are also the same.

I can remember going on my Dad's laptop after he died.  I went on MSN, and as soon as I clicked the MSN icon the computer screen went black and never turned on again.   I always thought MSN was a virus and never went on it again.

true story.

Take it easy. I never said they were mutually exclusive. All I said was that I don't mind relying on SD cards for a music player. For my phone I want more internal storage (like I said in my post, I think 32GB should have been minimum for a long time now) but for something like an iPod I would be okay with let's say 8GB of internal and then microSD. That's how the SanClip+ does it and it works just fine.

SD cards are just as hard to lose as your phone if you keep them in your phone.

SD cards are far cheaper per GB than buying a phone with a higher capacity.

Just because the contacts are visible doesn't mean it will break easily. Have you ever had a pair of headphones break because the connector got damaged? Besides, it will be plugged in most if not all the time so the contacts are only rarely exposed.

Yes SD cards are far slower than a lot of the eMMC used in phones and such, but for music and video that doesn't matter that much. It matters the first time you put files on it and after that it doesn't matter that much. Again, I am just talking about using it for things like music here. For installing apps it's really bad, but I am talking about replacements for the 180GB iPod.

Kind of missing the point of removable storage a bit though.

Only because the storage isn't in the phone already. For their price, it should be.

It's not the contacts being visible, it's the repeated insertions that damages them. As in it's removable storage.

I don't see why you're arguing though. You may not mind relying on SD cards. I do mind, and I would like the freedom to use my device how I would like to.

Flappy bird is farrr from dead in that thousands of phones have it installed and there are hundreds of clones

You can still install it on Android phones and jailbroken iOS devices.

The iPod classic shouldn't have died. They should put a 120 GB SSD in the iPod touch... and the iPhone... and actually there's no reason that any mobile device should not have 120GB internal SSD storage as a minimum, regardless of whether it can also use external SDs.

There is a 128GB iPhone.

"Rawr XD"

My thoughts on these.

1. No! I like it way more than Facebook messenger.
  2. Doesn't affect me too much
  3. GOOD!
  4. Wait that's the Facebook thing for India thing isn't it?
  5. Well we still have Twitch so could be worse
  6. Another Magazine bites the dust. Sad but was bound to happen
  7. I was really looking forward to an Android Nokia phone D:
  8. Doesn't affect me too much and I can still play many clones if I wanted to
  9. I still have my iPod. Haven't used it for a long time though. 
  10. R.I.P. XP, you were the operating system that I have used the longest and I have many fond memories.

Samsung's Chat On Service is due to close down?

Project Devils Delight

Mobo:ASUS B85 PRO Gamer  CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k   RAM: 8GB Kingston HYPERX Beast 1600Mhz    GPU PowerColor Devils 13 Dual Core 290X

Case: Corsair Air 540 strips Storage: Samsung 256GB SSD and a 1TB WD Black (2013 Model)                                                                                                       

You can still poke people just the same on facebook

Justin.tv is just twitch now

I own an ipod classic so yeah

When a huge portion of the market stops using XP then it'll be lost

Flappy bird is farrr from dead in that thousands of phones have it installed and there are hundreds of clones

Twitch bans non-gaming streams though. And yeah, now Lollipop has its own "Flappy Bird" installed on every phone. Can we just skip to Android 6.0 now please? :/

I am oh so glad Flappy Bird is gone.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

MS should have kept this instead of ruining Skype.

Who cares.

Who cares.

Wat.

Welp.

Who cares.

Oh.

Mario assets rip the game.

This one is kinda sad.

Surprised XP lasted this long.

Glad XP is finally in the ground for good. Awful piece of shit that was.

you high ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

mariocart ds wifi :( RIP

and Battlefront 2 multiplayer :( 

gamespy servers:(

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Didn't VAIO stop this year? I know most people don't care but I was interested in their convertable laptops with styluses. Seemed like an excellent product for students.

There is a 128GB iPhone.

And it costs about the same as five 120GB iPod Classics. If you had bothered to read the thread you'd see we'd discussed the merits and drawbacks of this in detail.

Good Riddance.

All of these are definitely inferior to what we have now.

Screw XP's death! Re-installed it on an old netbook last week, don't care if it's dead or not, i will just reinstall XP again if it gets screwed up and nothing important happens on it anyway, soo yea... Don't care about the "death"

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

flappy bird got released again, by the original dev, besides it was only a hype seeing it pretty much doesnt get any attention these days.

i truelly doubt people will miss facebook poke app and MSN, less facebook=better and MSN basicly died on it own, it was their time to go.

the most reasonable thing in that top 10 is the ipod classic IMO, it made quite a change to how we listen to music.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Really? I had so much memories with my psp. Goodbye friend.....

Me too, mine still runs though

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I've never used any of those apart from XP in primary school :/

Primary school? Man I'm getting old 95 wasn't even out when I left primary.

I'm glad XP is dead. Worst OS ever. Just cos the bloody schools didn't want to move on.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I know , but still the chips are large, and designed for an X86/x64 platform. it is not there at mobile phone application

Honestly they're not that big. One of those chips is 128GB. Compared to the iPhone 6+'s storage chip it's pretty there there. I wasn't able to find any dimensions on either chip, but using images from AnandTech for the Samsung 840EVO and from iFixit's iPhone 6+ Teardown the approximate chip sizes are 18.1x14.1mm for 840 EVO and 16.7x11.8mm for the one in iPhone 6+. That not that big of a difference considering that 840 EVO came out more then a year and a half ago. The chip in iPhone 6+ is a 16GB model, but I think the dimensions of the storage chip are the same in all models, even the 128GB one. I would also assume that phone chips aren't as fast as SSD chips as they don't need to be.

In the end, I would honestly rather have a thicker phone with 128GB than a very slim one that only has 16GB of storage in it.

CPU: Intel i7 950 | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB | SSD: 256GB 840 Pro | HDD 1: SAMSUNG HD103SJ 1TB | HDD 2: WD 320GB | RAM: Crucial XMS3 12GB (6x 2GB) | Case: Corsair R200 | PSU: LCPower 650W | Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

RIP MSN... may the wizz that once brought annoyance be a source of nostalgia.

Otherwise not a lot to miss, maybe iPod Classic  ;)

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4,6Ghz; Asus X99 Deluxe; GSkill Ripjaws 4 (4x4) 2400Mhz; MSi GTX 980 Reference @ 1.4Ghz; CM V700; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Windows 8.1 Pro