Sharge: questionable webshop

Name of Brand:

Sharge Iceman

Description of your issue:

After seeing the ad I looked at there shop and there are dozen and dozens of red flags:

1.  It automatically redirected me to the German webpage: Translation gibberish.

The first bullet point on the product page:

• Die erste Magnetleistung der Welt mit aktiver Kühlung.

deepL translation (on point):

The world's first magnetic power with active cooling.

????

The entire product page/website is garbage:

Saft Ihre Geräte mit niedriger Strom auf 100%.

Trying to translate it:

Fruit juice your devices with low currents to 100%.

Even products name are translated to nonsense like "Fahrverkehrsfall" (drivingtrafficcase?)

2. Advertising full spectrum RGB. This would be a nobelprice. Full spectrum has a defined meaning for light: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-spectrum_light

3. legal texts that are obliterated by the translation. From what I can make out, there are also a few juicy points in there, including that they don't need to inform you about changes to the user agreement and that the user has to check the website to see them (user account).

4. Price all through the website in EUR but at end of the checkout (payment) it suddenly changes to USD.

5. unclear with which company a contract is entered into (???? highly dubious; there are three companies named in the terms and conditions but at no point it is sad who is the contractual partner)

6. This is a bit tricky. It's in German, aimed at Germany, but this site isn't even close to compliant if it were under German law:

5.1. prices excluding tax (if the product is a consumer product, tax must be included in the advertised price)

5.2. no Imprint

5.3. not registered with the required electronic waste stream (WEEE) / packaging waste organization (LUCID)

... the list goes on

(7.) There is much more wrong with this webshop/company. e.g. There's no check box for the terms and conditions during the account registration/creation.

People never go out of business.

27 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

Name of Brand:

Sharge Iceman

Description of your issue:

After seeing the ad I looked at there shop and there are dozen and dozens of red flags:

1.  It automatically redirected me to the German webpage: Translation gibberish.

The first bullet point on the product page:

deepL translation (on point):

????

The entire product page/website is garbage:

Trying to translate it:

Even products name are translated to nonsense like "Fahrverkehrsfall" (drivingtrafficcase?)

2. Advertising full spectrum RGB. This would be a nobelprice. Full spectrum has a defined meaning for light: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-spectrum_light

3. legal texts that are obliterated by the translation. From what I can make out, there are also a few juicy points in there, including that they don't need to inform you about changes to the user agreement and that the user has to check the website to see them (user account).

4. Price all through the website in EUR but at end of the checkout (payment) it suddenly changes to USD.

5. unclear with which company a contract is entered into (???? highly dubious; there are three companies named in the terms and conditions but at no point it is sad who is the contractual partner)

6. This is a bit tricky. It's in German, aimed at Germany, but this site isn't even close to compliant if it were under German law:

5.1. prices excluding tax (if the product is a consumer product, tax must be included in the advertised price)

5.2. no Imprint

5.3. not registered with the required electronic waste stream (WEEE) / packaging waste organization (LUCID)

... the list goes on

(7.) There is much more wrong with this webshop/company. e.g. There's no check box for the terms and conditions during the account registration/creation.

This is my first-time hearing of "Sharge.com" so I can't speak to any of the above points but... Fakespot is also throwing AllTheWarnings™ too.

image.thumb.png.764057243433c130fc01e09f1d724d00.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)