Nvidia "You Want a Piece of This ?" AMD "That Piece May Already Be Mine". Patent War Reigniting

BookerDeWitt

Inb4 statements that justify AMD's potential future actions.

Did you forget, since AMD is the "underdog" they could never do anything wrong. Ever. In the history of history. 

Apple's fanboys are a huge part of why I don't use Apple products.

I feel like you should have a better reason than that.

There's a couple of products that I use that are generally looked down upon on this forum for various reasons, but I don't give a crap and I still use them.

There's a couple of products that I use that are generally looked down upon on this forum for various reasons, but I don't give a crap and I still use them.

A lot of my electronics warchest would be looked down upon this forum. 

Razer Mamba? OMG VICTORIOUS WAT A OVERPRICED CRAPPY MOUS

Logitech G15? OMG MEMBRANES SUCK GET A DUCKY SHINE U SCRUB

Macbook Pro Retina? OMG WHAT A OVERPRICED FRUITY LAPTOP COUDLVE GOTTEN SOME SAGER 

iPhone 6+? HURR DURR ITS BENDY AHAHAHA SCRUB GET A NEXUS ANDROID RULES

You learn to tune it out. People buy and use what they want. Who really cares? Unless your job is a product salesman and you get commission based off what the internet buys and does, why do you care? Why should anyone care? Let people like and use whatever they want for whatever reasons they want. Its not entirely rocket science. 

Well, to adults it isn't rocket science. 

I... Um... Uh.................

You're a dumbass. I'm not even sorry. Holy fucking shit.

reason why I blocked him.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

A lot of my electronics warchest would be looked down upon this forum. 

Razer Mamba? OMG VICTORIOUS WAT A OVERPRICED CRAPPY MOUS

Logitech G15? OMG MEMBRANES SUCK GET A DUCKY SHINE U SCRUB

Macbook Pro Retina? OMG WHAT A OVERPRICED FRUITY LAPTOP COUDLVE GOTTEN SOME SAGER 

iPhone 6+? HURR DURR ITS BENDY AHAHAHA SCRUB GET A NEXUS ANDROID RULES

You learn to tune it out. People buy and use what they want. Who really cares? Unless your job is a product salesman and you get commission based off what the internet buys and does, why do you care? Why should anyone care? Let people like and use whatever they want for whatever reasons they want. Its not entirely rocket science. 

I actually like MBP. I think they may be slightly overpriced, but not by much.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm afraid of becoming one.

I actually like MBP. I think they may be slightly overpriced, but not by much.

Its one of those niche products for people who don't need a desktop. Or in my case, aren't home enough to use one. I wouldn't sacrifice my OTG power just to save 1500 on a laptop. But to me, it was worth it. To others, it isn't. I respect that. 

I just wish more people had that attitude instead of going "black and white" and ignoring anything resembling grey. 

I've said this before, if the population of the forum is irrational teenagers and children then that makes me uncomfortable. One reason is that I've probably argued with a lot of them over something petty as brand preferences.

But yes I agree with you. I think what should happen is that options should be presented without some sort of bias in said presented options.

That is however, way too much to ask it seems.

I'm afraid of becoming one.

Well to be blunt, that's a shitty way of thinking. I'm sorry for you.

Well to be blunt, that's a shitty way of thinking. I'm sorry for you.

Trust me, I have other reasons.

WTH?

Can you explain the apple vs samsung cases then? 

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/time-pressed-apple-buying-samsung-display-panels-again-3449547/

Was apple paying off samsung to sue themselves so they wouldn't have to pay taxes?...wait....OMG THAT'S IT!  Steve jobs is still alive! The shady bugger continues to fleece the tax system from the shadows!  probably with the help of Elvin alien enchanted technology sprinkles.

omg ... it it could be "the" war

ive been waiting for this for a decade

waiting for intel to join in

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Its one of those niche products for people who don't need a desktop. Or in my case, aren't home enough to use one. I wouldn't sacrifice my OTG power just to save 1500 on a laptop. But to me, it was worth it. To others, it isn't. I respect that. 

I just wish more people had that attitude instead of going "black and white" and ignoring anything resembling grey. 

I was thinking of a MBP for school. But I decided I wanted something that could game as well in case my desktop was ever out of commission or if I had to go on a long drive etc.

They're pretty nice IMO

gg AMD.

jump on that wagon, don't let the dust settle! nahhh, just jump on it right now! nothing can go wrong!

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Samsung is trying to get rid of nvidia because AMD is paying them.

So really this all began because AMD made a partnership with samsung to make their chips, because AMD cant do it themselves.

Oh come on...

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Samsung is trying to get rid of nvidia because AMD is paying them.

So really this all began because AMD made a partnership with samsung to make their chips, because AMD cant do it themselves.

LOL the level of stupidity in some of these comments go through the roof - I mean, it's beyond ridiculous and I don't know how people don't get banned for this behavior.

It's not even trolling or fanboyism, it's pure stupidity fueled by the pride in their ignorance. 

Here's what AMD should do: Use this as leverage to tell Nvidia and Samsung to sit down before they hurt themselves. "You really want to start this? Guess what, you're ALL infringing on patents A through Z and I suggest everyone plays nice in the sand box before someone loses a limb." Just saying it would put a swift end to this garbage.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

plz do not ruin the graphics market...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Inb4 I start to get sued

I sued you before I was sued so now I am going to sue you !

but seriously companies just use patients to try and hurt competition, why this isn't considered a form of anti competitive behavior is beyond me.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Can we add a requirement for a [WCCF] tag for all WCCF articles, or ban WCCF all together since what they post tends to br either pure horse shit or extremely bias bull shit.

EDIT: small grammar error 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

OK I'll propose the impossible (sorry if this has been said already I'm terrible for not reading everyones post I know)

Anyway here goes: AMD teams up with Nvidia to kick Samsung in the butt.

We need this Nvidia <-> AMD rivalry to be more like between buddies than this hole bitch fight thing. Oh, sorry I didn't mean to imply that man fight in a more fashionable manner. Also "new girl" did...

Anyway just saying friendly competition over jealous rivalry.

saw it coming with samsung starting to manufacture stuff for amd ....... samsung and amd should grow a pair and develop better stuff rather than filling silly patent wars and fake benchmarks cough cough "samsung"

Again... This started with Nvidia trying to get Samsung devices banned in the US. Nvidia were the one to start this, not Samsung or AMD.