"its time for us to talk about games on Windows" Microsoft says

XTankSlayerX
Go to solution Solved by EChondo,

Even though I would love to see Halo on PC we've been lied to and shot down so many times that I am not even going to bother watching the livestream and wait for the recap. Microsoft even treats their console users like crap so I'm not buying into their ecosystem anymore. I'd rather buy a WiiU than get a Xbone or even a PS4.

To everyone, do not get excited and just wait. If it's something good then great, but if it's something bad then you don't get your excitement shot down.

I guess you'd have to start talking about "games on Windows" when your console platform is failing left and right.

And not a single fuck was given.

Xbox outsold PS4 for the first month since January. Also, just because PS4 is doing better doesn't mean the Xbox is failing or "falling apart". By that logic, Macs are a complete and utter failure because they're outsold so much by Windows-based PCs.

Secondly, lots of people would care about Halo MCC on PC. Just because you don't care doesn't mean there isn't anybody who does.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I think they are lying like every time, a drawing was featured on the WAN Show a while back about all MS lies on the supporting or being serious about gaming.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Isn't this like the 7th time they've said this and haven't delivered once?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Isn't this like the 7th time they've said this and haven't delivered once?

13th by my count (see my previous post above)

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

In before they just do what they have done a billion times before. Say that they will take PC gaming seriously and then take a huge shit on us later.

MS makes Windows (#1 platform for gaming bar none) and they heavily invest in DirectX (the #1 API bar none). they also do this as a business that doesn't GIVE A SHIT about gaming. Seriously, MS could cut gaming out of their entire portfolio in all its forms, and they'd be just fine. MS isn't built off gaming. They do it for fun. 

And people want them to do what exactly? More games? Really? Isn't that the developers job? Make more intriguing games? Oh boo hoo, they didn't give us MCC or Forza. They have a console arm to maintain. They are allowed to not cater to the sensibilities of the internet. 

I don't get the internet sometimes. 

Not sure about the rest but I don't want to be treated like a second class citizen while they massage the feet of their console customers.

Say what you want, but if you ask forums why they aren't using GNU/Linux or OS X one of the biggest reasons they will say is "no games", so I think it's bullshit to say that gaming on Windows isn't important for Microsoft, or that they are just doing it for fun.

I don't really want more games as much as I just want Microsoft to stop shitting on us. I just want them to do what's best for the consumers for once. Don't wait however many months they waited with releasing a driver for your own controller. Seriously, the PS4 controller worked on Windows before the Xbone controller. Imagine if the Apple TV didn't work with the iPhone or iPad until several months after Android supported it. That would have been ridiculous, right?

Don't buy exclusivity for a franchise and then lock it down to your console alone. You are figurally taking a game out of the hands of your own customers, and going "oh you like this game? Well you already paid us but we will demand that you pay us again if you want to play this!". That's like Apple paying app developers to remove their iPhone version of their app, and only releasing it on the iPad.

I don't want them to lock the latest DirectX version to their latest OS. It not only is annoying for the people who don't want/can upgrade their OS (for one reason or another) but it also means that developers are less likely to take advantage of the new APIs because there is simply less people on the latest DirectX version. It's bad for consumers and developers.

To top it all of with, they have flat out been lying about "we will take PC gaming seriously now" far too many times. After being lied to about 10 times you kind of get sick and tried of it.

Microsoft is in a really bizarre situation where it are competing against itself. That's never a good thing. Imagine if Apple's iPhone division was competing against the iPad division. Both products would end up significantly worse than they are right now. This internal battle is bad for both console and PC customers. Imagine if Microsoft fully embraced both platforms. The first thing that comes to mind is what Apple and Google are doing on their mobile platforms. Did you buy a game for your Xbox One? Then you can play it on your PC too! Your saves will be synced between your devices. Would that be great? If they released some kind of Xbox emulator for PC as well then chances are they would probably sell more Xbox games as well. It's a win-win situation.

Xbox outsold PS4 for the first month since January. Also, just because PS4 is doing better doesn't mean the Xbox is failing or "falling apart". By that logic, Macs are a complete and utter failure because they're outsold so much by Windows-based PCs.

Secondly, lots of people would care about Halo MCC on PC. Just because you don't care doesn't mean there isn't anybody who does.

I'd love to have MCC on PC, but I'm also smart enough to know why it won't happen. 

So I bought a Xbox and got myself Forza, Halo and FIFA. I've had my share of fun. I could've built another pc for the price of a console, but what good is another PC to me? What good is another overpowered processor? Or another Titan? Not much, if I'm honest. 

I'm not saying don't expect more from MS, but realize that they have pretty great reasons for not giving a shit about gaming on PCs. Why they keep talking about it, I don't know. Maybe they feel compelled to talk all the time about it. Would PC gaming benefit from MS development? Sure. Does PC gaming depend on MS porting over games? Not really, no. 

MS has done plenty to help gaming (and hinder it). MS is also giving an open playground and expecting others to populate it and if I'm quite honest that has actually worked out pretty well so far. 

MS makes Windows (#1 platform for gaming bar none) and they heavily invest in DirectX (the #1 API bar none). they also do this as a business that doesn't GIVE A SHIT about gaming. Seriously, MS could cut gaming out of their entire portfolio in all its forms, and they'd be just fine. MS isn't built off gaming. They do it for fun. 

And people want them to do what exactly? More games? Really? Isn't that the developers job? Make more intriguing games? Oh boo hoo, they didn't give us MCC or Forza. They have a console arm to maintain. They are allowed to not cater to the sensibilities of the internet. 

I don't get the internet sometimes. 

some people just want halo in pc, CE was the first FPS i played, i did it on PC, it was glorious at the time, and if you see the steam page for spartan assault on steam most of them are demanding the FPS to be put in there, also if your talking about the console arm to maintain well, since the release of the original, the division hasn't been profitable dunno if this or last year they finally to turn it positive but the last time i saw a report of it, it wasn't good numbers, that's why some executives at MS want to get rid of it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Even though I would love to see Halo on PC we've been lied to and shot down so many times that I am not even going to bother watching the livestream and wait for the recap. Microsoft even treats their console users like crap so I'm not buying into their ecosystem anymore. I'd rather buy a WiiU than get a Xbone or even a PS4.

To everyone, do not get excited and just wait. If it's something good then great, but if it's something bad then you don't get your excitement shot down.

I'd rather they didn't.  The last time they took pc gaming even mildly serious all we got out of it was GFWL.  

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

They used to have this Game for Windows certification and one of the requirements for games to have that certification was the support for a Xbox 360 controller.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Lol didn't they already say this multiple times and the end result is nothing (good) actually happens?

Lol didn't they already say this multiple times and the end result is nothing (good) actually happens?

Indeed but all we need(or expect) from them now is just DX12.

Anything else they would simply fuck up.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Oh, a whole one month of win, dear lord let me draw an X on the wall. Also, PS4 is failing just a little less than the suXbox.

And yeah, you could easily make an argument that Macs are a failure and it wouldn't be too far off.

Oh, let me make a correction, no sane people would give a single fuck about any Halo. Just cos a million flies like shit don't make it good.

Halo as a franchise is worth 3 billion.

Star Wars was worth 4 billion to Disney.

Kinda says a lot about how many normal people care about Halo. Sorry that the industry doesn't and will no longer care about what the fringes say. We're nothing to these guys. These franchises and platforms are for the normal people, not for forum lurkers and angry children like you.

Those sane people you talk about are the ones who keep gaming alive and that's by having varied interests and desires. You seem pretty prissy that people care about liking Halo, which as a franchise is a pretty good one.

God, you angry keyboard warriors are truly the best. Give someone a little anonymity and watch them turn into despicable human beings.

I don't even care unless DX12 gets sent on over to Windows 7. Which it probably won', since Microsoft is comprised of a bunch of cunts.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Halo has always felt wrong on PC so I don't even want MCC on PC
It's to early for this to be related to the windows 10 release so there's really nothing at all it could be that I care about.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

If Halo 5 comes to PC with Dx12, I'm gonna shit bricks!!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I'll believe that they want to make a difference when I start seeing it. I've heard them say this too much.

Didn't they say this exact same thing a few months ago?

Microsoft over the years has promised this stuff many times, and has fallen flat.

Don't get your hopes up beyond DX12 or anything else...

Been doing this for over 10 years, and Microsoft could have shaped Gaming on PC's so many times with each and every WIndows release,..they promise they will,..and just don't bother with the 'end game' they envision to us, just a patch or small update.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Why haven't they created Xbox Live for PC yet? Cross buy/save/play. It just makes sense. Get away from hardware and focus on software and ecosystem.

Halo Master Chief Collection is broken as fuck, I've been playing it and its shit. Its about as bad as the BF4 release. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Only thing I want from MS is a wireless dongle for the Xbox One gamepad to work on PC