"its time for us to talk about games on Windows" Microsoft says

XTankSlayerX
Go to solution Solved by EChondo,

Even though I would love to see Halo on PC we've been lied to and shot down so many times that I am not even going to bother watching the livestream and wait for the recap. Microsoft even treats their console users like crap so I'm not buying into their ecosystem anymore. I'd rather buy a WiiU than get a Xbone or even a PS4.

To everyone, do not get excited and just wait. If it's something good then great, but if it's something bad then you don't get your excitement shot down.

Microsoft is well know for giving false hopes to Pc gamers for the past 10 years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Microsoft will be accompanied by a few game developers during the Windows 10 launch. The focus is to launch Windows 10 and showcase DirectX 12 with the launch of a few DirectX 12 game titles on the same day. Tho DirectX 12 isn't all too special as it's essentially Mantle and OpenGL 5 will be low level as well. So all of the standard graphics API's will be low level before you know it. Which is good news for gamers of all sorts running Windows, Linux, and even OS X.

Why haven't they created Xbox Live for PC yet? Cross buy/save/play. It just makes sense. Get away from hardware and focus on software and ecosystem.

GFWL is as far as they dared take it. Back in the Xbox 1 days MS did extensive testing on cross platform play, they found that in almost all scenarios (except racing and some sports) M&K beats gamepad, by a lot, a huge amount, like so much the console players literally don't stand a chance.

I believe one MS title (shadowrun) had cross platform play, after that they abandoned it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Would be nice to see halo on pc...but i'm pretty sure it won't happen

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Plz forza. Come to us.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

So, can we just have Halo on the PC now? :D

Pretty much all I want.

A leaked windows 10 build appeared showing the Xbox app.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/14/7389563/windows-10-xbox-app-cortana-features

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

Plz forza. Come to us.

They ported it for the dx12 preview, said they had 2 guys work on it for 2 months to get it done, when asked if they will release the port, MS said "nope"...

http://gamecrastinate.com/editorials/microsoft-shows-off-forza-5-on-pc-youll-never-get-to-play-it/

Scumbag-Microsoft.jpeg?resize=498%2C457

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

They ported it for the dx12 preview, said they had 2 guys work on it for 2 months to get it done, when asked if they will release the port, MS said "nope"...

http://gamecrastinate.com/editorials/microsoft-shows-off-forza-5-on-pc-youll-never-get-to-play-it/

Scumbag-Microsoft.jpeg?resize=498%2C457

Why would MS ever release Forza on Windows. They were planning on selling a BILLION Xbox One's. Now they want to get back into PC Gaming? No thanks. The only feeling I get when seeing "MS wants to get involved with PC Gaming" is fear and for good reason. Good thread on it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=950677

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/24/microsoft-over-1-billion-next-gen-consoles-will-be-sold

@ MS. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.