Corporate / Business PC

Go to solution Solved by brob,
30 minutes ago, 3.14159265 said:

can someone help me with configuring a good system, which will work reliable for about the next 5 years?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-14500 2.6 GHz 14-Core Processor (€252.74 @ Galaxus) 

CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler (€29.46 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte B760M GAMING X AX Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (€149.60 @ Galaxus) 

Memory: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (€109.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€149.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Case: Asus Prime AP201 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€77.90 @ Computeruniverse) 

Power Supply: ADATA XPG CORE Reactor 750 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€83.90 @ Alza) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Retail - Download 64-bit (€145.88 @ Computersalg) 

Total: €998.38

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-24 22:34 CEST+0200

Budget (including currency): 1000(-1500)€ (If there are significant benefits from better hardware, the budget can probably also be increased)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

typical office applications (Office365, email, browsing, SQL), but the focus is on an industry-typical application for creating quotations, reports, invoices, calculations, accounting, minor 3D model work (especially visualization) etc.
The following are the recommended requirements published by the software developer:
- At least current Intel i5 processor from 10th generation
- 16 GB RAM
- 64-bit operating system: Microsoft Windows 11
- SSD (>= 1000GB)
- SQL databases

Other details

The components should be as reliable as possible, as the PC also provides a “server” for mobile access to the database. (Approx. 1-2 restarts per week possible). I am also happy to spend a few euros more on high-quality/long-lasting products.

It must also be possible to access the computer via a remote desktop connection.

A completely new system should be configured. No special requirements for the case (I would like something in the size class of a Corsair 3000D/4000D Airflow). Peripherals are available and a display with 1440p (will be upgraded to 4k in the near future) will be used. Remote access is via a MacBook (3072 x 1920). Is a GPU recommended for this or is the internal graphics unit of the CPU sufficient?

The PC should have WLAN 6 and a LAN connection (1 Gbit/s).

Hey there,

can someone help me with configuring a good system, which will work reliable for about the next 5 years?

The current PC has an Intel Pentium D1508 with 8GB RAM, no GPU and is no longer up to date. Due to ongoing extensions of the software scope with new packages and feature-sets, I have to wait sometimes approx. 3 seconds to switch between two tabs.

I would be very happy if someone could help me, as I have not dealt with the PC parts industry in detail in recent years.
Many thanks in advance!

You want a prebuilt like a Dell Precision or HP Z series with a service contract. If a business is going to rely on it to generate revenue, you don't want it to be a home-grown whitebox where you and only you will fix it.

3 minutes ago, 3.14159265 said:

The components should be as reliable as possible, as the PC also provides a “server” for mobile access to the database. (Approx. 1-2 restarts per week possible).

I'd recommend running your "server" roles on a separate computer. You really don't want users touching servers, if only for data security and reliability reasons.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

30 minutes ago, 3.14159265 said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-14500 2.6 GHz 14-Core Processor (€252.74 @ Galaxus) 

CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler (€29.46 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte B760M GAMING X AX Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (€149.60 @ Galaxus) 

Memory: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (€109.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€149.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Case: Asus Prime AP201 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€77.90 @ Computeruniverse) 

Power Supply: ADATA XPG CORE Reactor 750 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€83.90 @ Alza) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Retail - Download 64-bit (€145.88 @ Computersalg) 

Total: €998.38

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-24 22:34 CEST+0200

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

23 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

You want a prebuilt like a Dell Precision or HP Z series with a service contract. If a business is going to rely on it to generate revenue, you don't want it to be a home-grown whitebox where you and only you will fix it.

I'd recommend running your "server" roles on a separate computer. You really don't want users touching servers, if only for data security and reliability reasons.

It's a small business with 5 employee and only me using the system. The "server" function is directly in the main software application. No further can be configured for it. It is "hard-coded" from the software developer. I would be pleased if a confuguration for a self-built PC could be shared. Thanks