"its time for us to talk about games on Windows" Microsoft says

XTankSlayerX
Go to solution Solved by EChondo,

Even though I would love to see Halo on PC we've been lied to and shot down so many times that I am not even going to bother watching the livestream and wait for the recap. Microsoft even treats their console users like crap so I'm not buying into their ecosystem anymore. I'd rather buy a WiiU than get a Xbone or even a PS4.

To everyone, do not get excited and just wait. If it's something good then great, but if it's something bad then you don't get your excitement shot down.

MSFT_logo_png_678x452.png

^SOURCE^

According to post on the company’s Blogging Windows, a Windows 10 event will be held on Microsoft’s Redmond campus.

Senior developers from the Operating Systems Group including Terry Myerson, Joe Belfiore and Xbox boss Phil Spencer will all be on hand to discuss the latest iteration of Windows.

The event will be livestreamed, and we expect to hear more about DirectX 12, since one of the talking points will be PC games.

When folks will be able to tune-in and watch will be revealed closer to January 21.

I wouldn't get too hyped up about this, in terms of getting Xbox Exclusives for PC. But there's DirectX 12 which from what I've heard is really good.

Master Chief Collection and Forza pls. kay tnks.

About time! I heard that Windows had no games. Which is why I have a Mac ..... plz don't kill me

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

it only took them what...8 years?

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Microsoft, just take PC gaming more seriously, then we will forgive you for every time you said you would, but haven't. 

PS: Give us Halo, please?

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

About time! I heard that Windows had no games. Which is why I have a Mac ..... plz don't kill me

ok guys, you know the drill...

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Its time for DX12 you mean?

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

i just want them to talk about open sourcing DX :3 #utopia

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Are you joking?

Yes ... I am kidding xD

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

give us MCC that works at least on 7 and up or GTFO about gaming MS, the last time you tried it was a clusterfuck

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

kill-him-o.gif

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

ok guys, you know the drill...

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

I had to do it. the title sounds like something they didn't really want to talk about, like virgins talking about sex.

I had to do it. the title sounds like something they didn't really want to talk about, like virgins talking about sex.

im a virgin

i love sex

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Master Chief Collection and Forza pls. kay tnks.

YES PLEASE! This would increase LAN party frequencies ten-fold 

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

MS makes Windows (#1 platform for gaming bar none) and they heavily invest in DirectX (the #1 API bar none). they also do this as a business that doesn't GIVE A SHIT about gaming. Seriously, MS could cut gaming out of their entire portfolio in all its forms, and they'd be just fine. MS isn't built off gaming. They do it for fun. 

And people want them to do what exactly? More games? Really? Isn't that the developers job? Make more intriguing games? Oh boo hoo, they didn't give us MCC or Forza. They have a console arm to maintain. They are allowed to not cater to the sensibilities of the internet. 

I don't get the internet sometimes. 

feel bad for all the game developers that are going to get screwed over by loser scumbag butt pirate idiot thieves.

Go on! 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

New broadwell surface

please

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Before anyone gets excited, let me remind you of some history:

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?