Who has the most unbalanced PC build?

asim1999

Upgrading to r9 290 while keeping a G3258 as my CPU in the next month or 2

that is not not really unbalanced. yes the cpu might not give you all dem fps in some games but assuming, you are overclocking the shit out of that cpu you are not really bottlenecking a 290.

wow... pretty empty here...

I also run a Pentium D with a 280. Not me, but a relative.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

A6 6400K and R9 270... god thats a bottleneck

what do you think are you bottlenecking there?

i7 3820 and gtx 650

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Why'd you do that?

My GT610 fried itself. I was playing an intense round of TF2 and it rose all the way to 200F. Didn't realize it fried itself until it started artifiacting.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Building a PC in a carpet, with cats and no anti-static wrist strap that sounds like a good idea, and she also use like the whole tube of thermal paste 

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

A6 6400K and R9 270... god thats a bottleneck

No really.... A6 is pretty good and so is the R9 270. What exactly is the "bottleneck?"

To anyone who doesn't know how the actual f*ck bottlenecking works:

When one component is maxed out while the other compnents (usually CPU/GPU) is waiting arond like "Dude, I'm at like 50% here, getcher cores and clock speeds up."

A Celeron with a GTX Titan is a basic bottleneck. A Core i7 with an R9 290 is not.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

My GT610 fried itself. I was playing an intense round of TF2 and it rose all the way to 200F. Didn't realize it fried itself until it started artifiacting.

Watt

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Building a PC in a carpet, with cats and no anti-static wrist strap that sounds like a good idea, and she also use like the whole tube of thermal paste 

I once saw a tube of thermal paste at a store that was the size of a small-ish toothpaste bottle.....

Can only imagine the potential disasters that could ensue....

Watt

It's true. I was gaming for like 5 hours straight.

It's true. I was gaming for like 5 hours straight.

On a GT 610..................

I played Rayman Origins for a couple hours on my GT 610 and it was fine at around 53 Celcius....

i5 650 + GTX 760

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

I run a H80i on an i5-4670, not the K version. And my mobo is a fairly simple Asus B85M-G, combined with a gtx770. Nothing too bad, just a minor unbalance.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

On a GT 610..................

I played Rayman Origins for a couple hours on my GT 610 and it was fine at around 53 Celcius....

It was odd, since the fan was at 100% at like 5900RPM. And it was small. But I burned my finger on the heatsink.

what do you think are you bottlenecking there?

Look at these R9 270x (my gpu can be OC to stock 270x speeds) benchmarks, especialy Metro:LL, my systems perfoms half of that. Even at 1240x1024.

Friend's rig.

He's running dual athlon 64 FX procs & a 5970 xD

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

So, it's not exactly a bottleneck, becasue it has a GT210, but it's my dad's PC.

IT has a Core 2 Duo, which I still love, and it runs with a GT210, but the computer only has 2GB of DDR2 ram. 2GB. 

Also, I want to add that my 9400GT runs at 180F idle.

me look the gpu on my signature

MY PC   CPU INTEL i7 4790k   MOTHERBOARD ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1   COOLING CORSAIR H80i    CASE BITFENIX RONIN   RAM 2X4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600MHZ  GPU GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 PSU CORSAIR RM750 WATT SSD SAMSUNG PRO 850 256GB HDD WD 1TB BLUE

Look at these R9 270x (my gpu can be OC to stock 270x speeds) benchmarks, especialy Metro:LL, my systems perfoms half of that. Even at 1240x1024.

But you do actually plug the monitor into the 270x not the mainboard, right?

my dads 4770 and amd 5570

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Mine is pretty bad. I got an i5 with a 750 Ti, a 530w thermaltake power supply, an overclocking motherboard with a locked CPU and 16gb RAM even though it's mostly for gaming. I really wish I knew what I was doing when I picked the parts.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I have a i5 3570K, 8gb RAM, 4 -1 TB HDD, Z77, ATI 1950x

I realize the Intel 4000 runs everything 10x better then the 1950 lol, my decent card busted awhile ago and haven't gotten around to getting another one. Intel 4000 lets me play BF3 at low-med settings at 50FPS so I am some what happy, not in to big of a rush.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”