Who has the most unbalanced PC build?

asim1999

key word 'had'; it blew up upon initial boot up...right?

I don't know, but I do know that either @Faceman or @harrynowl saying that that's one of the most obscure builds that I'd seen.

My friend has a Athlon II X2 240  running a brand new r9 280x in a nzxt phantom 530 full tower with a micro-atx motherboard corsair cx750m and 4Gb ram.

Talk about bottle-necking

CPU: AMD FX-8320                                                                                  Cooler: Corsair H100i

GPU: Crossfired Gigabyte R9 280x's Windforce Rev.2                      MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3

RAM: AMD Radeon Gaming Memory 16gb DDR3 2133mhz            PSU: TR2 RX750W Bronze

HDDS: AMD Radeon SSD 240gb, 1tb Seagate Barracuda               Case: Corsair Air 540   

My first PC was a budget build, I had an athlon x4 640 in a asrock mobo. After a couple of months I had enough money to buy an amd 6950. That I unlocked to a 6970, the GPU was more expensive than the CPU and mobo together.

CPU: Intel 3770k Cooling: Corsair H100i Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower Memory: 2x4gb Corsair 1600 ddr3 GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gb with reference Cooler PSU: XFX pro 650w Case: Corsair Carbide 500r Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, 2x Samsung 1TB, 1x Seagate 2TB

CPU: Pentium 4 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8SGXL Memory: 2GB ddr Storage: 250GB IDE OS: FreeBSD

have 1000$pc dont have gpu

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I don't know, but I do know that either @Faceman or @harrynowl saying that that's one of the most obscure builds that I'd seen.

This guy: http://linustechtips.com/main/user/146255-bifanboy/

EDIT: You found him already

Hmmm...seems noone mentioned case or peripherals.... I've got GeForce GT 630 in Zalman Z-Machine GT 1000. I know it's not about the base components but kinda weird to myself.

Why is melonies pc unbalanced? a 680 and a i7 for rendering is something i consider quite balanced.

There was/is a guy here on ltt that built a beautiful rig with i7 and stuff but no gpu so thats the build i find most unbalanced^^

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I've got a 750w psu for a 4690k that isn't overclocked, with an h110 cpu cooler, and a gtx 660 that is stock as well.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

But you do actually plug the monitor into the 270x not the mainboard, right?

Well, I use an adapter... I will buy a new monitor soon

My 8 year old Celron at 1.6 Ghz, 4 measly gigs of RAM, no SSD, 2 broken USB 2.0 ports, and a HIS IceQ+ 4780

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

OK, mine is defintely one. Q6600 without a GPU. The 9400GT also blew up on me. Gaming for 10 minutes on low on GTA: SA. Temps rose all the way to 230F.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

upgrade: CPU: GTX 980

FUTURE

MY PC   CPU INTEL i7 4790k   MOTHERBOARD ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1   COOLING CORSAIR H80i    CASE BITFENIX RONIN   RAM 2X4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600MHZ  GPU GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 PSU CORSAIR RM750 WATT SSD SAMSUNG PRO 850 256GB HDD WD 1TB BLUE

Well, I use an adapter... I will buy a new monitor soon

make sure to set your os to performance mode and set your 270x to (whatever it is called for amd i haven't had one for a year or so)-mode so it is not holding back. and if you plug a monitor into anything other than the gpu itself that will be a problem. adaptors should be no problem tho. what kinda monitor do you want to buy? 

wow... pretty empty here...

Every single pre-built with an i7 and a GT 420?

make sure to set your os to performance mode and set your 270x to (whatever it is called for amd i haven't had one for a year or so)-mode so it is not holding back. and if you plug a monitor into anything other than the gpu itself that will be a problem. adaptors should be no problem tho. what kinda monitor do you want to buy? 

like in the bios or catalyst control center? I'ma buy AOC I12367FM

Why is melonies pc unbalanced? a 680 and a i7 for rendering is something i consider quite balanced.

There was/is a guy here on ltt that built a beautiful rig with i7 and stuff but no gpu so thats the build i find most unbalanced^^

Several reasons bro:

1) non K-series CPU on a Z97 motherboard

2) if she could even overclock, the cooler is meh (a hyper 212 evo would be better)

3) A mini-ITX board in a full tower case ( LOL, seriously).

4) A 1500W PSU with a mini-ITX mobo ( u can only install 1 graphics card so i dont see the point)

5) a 2 year old 680 with a new haswell PC ( i might get some negative comments but why is she using such an old GPU: a 780 or 290 would have been better tor live streaming). 

So here are my reasons for why she has an unbalanced build

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

like in the bios or catalyst control center? I'ma buy AOC I12367FM

ccc :) and the the windowssettings to the performance mode too. just to make sure your cpu and gpu are running at full speed. are your temperatures good on both? and whats the deal with the aoc monitor? i couldn't find anything with google. like barely anything. google showed one (1) thing that was a thread of this forum :D 

Several reasons bro:

1) non K-series CPU on a Z97 motherboard

2) if she could even overclock, the cooler is meh (a hyper 212 evo would be better)

3) A mini-ITX board in a full tower case ( LOL, seriously).

4) A 1500W PSU with a mini-ITX mobo ( u can only install 1 graphics card so i dont see the point)

5) a 2 year old 680 with a new haswell PC ( i might get some negative comments but why is she using such an old GPU: a 780 or 290 would have been better tor live streaming). 

So here are my reasons for why she has an unbalanced build

If someone came up to me and asked me if that was a proper setup i'd be crying or laughing (not decided yet) but in her case (and i really don't know her or her channel) i'd assume that these parts were laying around because they were given to her so she didn't pick them but just build a pc with things she had already. 

With that in mind i just have one single thing to say. GET THAT CABLE MANAGEMENT DONE GIIIIIRL!!! what the fuck is wrong with routing some cables for looks and some airflow when she has custom cables already you would think she is caring about looks... but NOOOO she just slaps the cables all around the case and pulls them together with a single whatever it is called in english(great now i forgot the german word too -.-) that cable tie thingy that she puts around the cables.... excuse me for that.. :D im kind of obsessed with cables.... anyways. yes that is an extremely unbalanced and unplanned system but still a good performer i guess. 

3930k and a GTX 650 TI ahahaha :D

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

My GT610 fried itself. I was playing an intense round of TF2 and it rose all the way to 200F. Didn't realize it fried itself until it started artifiacting.

Do you mean 200C? if you do then that is just insane, especially for tf2...

Pentium G3258, 1x8GB ADATA XPG V1.0 (black kind), Radeon HD 7950 3GB, a 256GB EVO, a 120GB EVO, a 1TB Barracuda, and a 650 watt EVGA SuperNOVA PSU. Not me. Mine is just unique.

OK, mine is defintely one. Q6600 without a GPU. The 9400GT also blew up on me. Gaming for 10 minutes on low on GTA: SA. Temps rose all the way to 230F.

You killed all your graphics cards?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

You blew up all of your GPUs? Maybe you should get a temporary one........

My laptop has an i5 3230M, a 512GB SSD, and 8GB of RAM but only uses integrated graphics.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).