Who has the most unbalanced PC build?

asim1999

Ahhh my moment to shine! A lopsided build that came about because things went on sale at times and changed original plans, and new stuff came out and I was getting everything together as budget allowed and mostly as I had time to actually research and get the stuff together. The PSU was supposed to take care of a Crossfire setup and then the GTX 970 cards dropped and I already had it so that never happened.

CPU is a i5 4590, Cooled with an Corsair H80i which keeps it from ever reaching above 45°-55°C in typical usage.

Mobo is a Asus Z87-Plus

GPU is the Asus Strix GT970

PSU is a whopping overkill of an Corsair RM750 (for a system that newer draws more than 400w ever...)

Cap it off with the standard 120GB SSD and a 1TB WD blue combo

At least I have plenty of upgrade potentials.

I'd say my RAM atm is the unbalanced part.

Looking to upgrade to more RAM but shit DDR2 is so overpriced these days (even from second hand buyers)  :mellow:

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

my friend has a 3570, some old nvidia gpu (gt310 i think), a no name psu, 8gb ram, and a legit windows. 

I would say mine is a bad balance more like of an obsolete. im running

CPU: Intel q8200 (stock) cause i cant overclock it anymore.

RAM :8gigs of Corsair 1333mhz ram

GPU: R7 260X

HDD: 320gb Sata ( not even sata 2)

MOBO: Gigabyte - G41M - Combo

PSU: Generic PSU 500w

Intel Core i5 - 6400 <> Msi B150A Gaming Pro <> Msi Gtx 970 Gaming <> G.Skill Ripjaw 4 16Gb DDR4 2400mhz

<> Corsair CX500M <> 160 & 250 Seagate HDD <> Aerocool Strike X (Casing) <>

That video in the OP is pretty cringeworthy in terms of thermal paste application, the huge static potential, and a few interesting part choices but its not that bad.

I tend to stick to single card setups so my 1000w power supply is pretty unnecessary. However it is 80+ Platinum, has a 10 year warranty, and runs fanless at all times on the ECO mode so overall I think its alright. I think most people are quick to say "overkill" or toss out "unbalanced" when they see those 4 digit wattages.

littleRed

CPU Intel i7 4790k Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero RAM 32GB G Skill RipjawsX GPU EVGA Titan X Cooling Corsair H105 Case Corsair 760t Black PSU EVGA 1000P2

Storage Boot Samsung Evo 850 256GB Programs Samsung Evo 840 1TB Data WD Black 2TB Display BenQ XL2420G Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse Razer Death Adder OS Windows 10

I am sorry, but that is just hysterical. 

How bout atleast a 660?

OLD-SCHOOL - Intel Pentium 4 SL6WF with HYPERTHREADING! - ACER 651M03-6L Mobo - Saphire R9600 PRO 256mb AGP Card - 2gb DDR - 40gb IDE HDD - 430w PSU