Who has the most unbalanced PC build?

asim1999

At one point I had a 970 coupled with an Athlon 64 x2 3800+, would have left it in but the card won't fit in the case and I was just making sure it wasn't DoA

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

I have an I5 2500k, 16GB Ram and a 3GB GTX 660, 850w Supply. Although fairly balanced my CPU cannot keep up with the games the GPU can handle for some reason.

I5 4690k, EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence (Blue), Seagate 3TB & Western Digital 500GB HDD's, San Disk Ultra II 120GB SSD, Novatech Gold Series 850w PSU

Who here has the worst PC build (in terms of balance) here? mine is pretty bad IMO. Got a 1000w PSU for a 980. got a 28 lane CPU for a quad-sli motherboard, got a 120GB SSD for X99 so there u go.

So my personal favourite worst build has to go to Melonie Mac ( PC isnt bad, but the parts she chose are atrocious when it comes to balance):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM7FoiieMms

So if u can beat her, hats of to you my friends ;)

This is the top comment

terrible build. Before you hate, i have many reasons:

mini ITX Motherboard with a mid-tower case

TOO MUCH THERMAL PASTE

you are on carpet, very dangerous to work with electronics on a carpet.

1500W PSU That pc need nothing more than 500w wtf.

massive cooler on a locked CPU. (use the stock heatsink or even a cooler like the alphine 64 if your cpu is locked)

that is all

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Upgrading to r9 290 while keeping a G3258 as my CPU in the next month or 2

that just screams bottleneck!!!!!!!!

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

My GT610 fried itself. I was playing an intense round of TF2 and it rose all the way to 200F. Didn't realize it fried itself until it started artifiacting.

holy mother of god, I never thought TF2 would be so demanding....

I know a Kid who literally games on this and says it's a beast because it's got an i7:

i7 4770

500GB WD HDD

GT610 (Nviidia graphics wow!)

and the worst of all:

1440P monitor.

He always complains that his games are slow... NO SHIT SHERLOCK and when I tell him to upgrade GPU he says his dad says that an i7 is the best or something. HOW IGNORANT CAN YOU BE

Interested in Business and Technology

me look the gpu on my signature

upgrade: CPU: GTX 980

let me see here...... ah yes! http://m.hsn.com/m/Product/7553000 i7-4770, 16 gigs of ram, 1TB drive, and a GT 640 

for the low, low price of 1,400 dollars! NOT TO MENTION ALL THE BLOATWARE

irony is that the reviews are positive and it's sold out..they got suckered real bad...

My laptop is prety unbalenced. It has a sandybridge i7, 16 GB of ram, a 250gb ssd, and finally, a gt630 gpu lol.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Until a few days ago I was using my working computer with a pentium 4 630 OC @3.7GHz air, 6GB DDR2 RAM @ 667 MHz, 5.25" FDD, 2.5" FDD, 80GB WD IDE HDD, 1 TB SATA WD blue, 2x DVD multi recorders (1 SATA, 1 IDE), 320GB SATA Toshiba Laptop Drive, 60GB Corsair Force LS SSD, Gigabyte GTX 970 @ max OC, Asus P5K-VM (Single PCIe X16 v1.1), top mounted Corsair VS650, Water damaged case with only a single 80MM fan under the PSU(can't fit more). The only change since then was the core 2 duo 8500- OC @3.5GHz. I'd be using my old 85MB WD HDD as well, but I want to keep it running for another 20 years (it was made in 1992, and has outlasted 5 computers and several other 1-160GB HDD which were all Seagate and Maxtor)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

me? i7 4790k with a pny gtx 650

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

My cousin's i7 3770, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and GT640 gaming rig?

Similar to what I've put in my son's computer.  It's in my profile. 

Similar to what I've put in my son's computer.  It's in my profile. 

The rig on your profile is his?

Ah, it is similar. Question, why the slow GPU in relation to the fast CPU? Any future upgrade plans, or does he just not need the power? 

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The rig on your profile is his?

Yep.  I don't need what he has.  I'm sporting a 2012 MacBook Pro.  The company gives us a pretty large additional discount every three years.. which comes the second quarter of next year for me.  I'm looking forward to it. 

Ah, it is similar. Question, why the slow GPU in relation to the fast CPU? Any future upgrade plans, or does he just not need the power? 

Whenever he would encounter stupid issues like Chrome not opening, or wifi dropping, I'd always ask him if he rebooted the computer before telling me.  He would always groan because of how long it took to restart and then for Windows to finish loading all his start-ups.   So, I put in the SSDs.  Fixed that problem. 

But to get full speed on the SSDs, I had to upgrade the motherboard (previous had SATA2) which also meant a new processor was necessary.  So I figured I'd get the top-of-the-line i5 for a little more longevity. 

.. and to continue on the processor choice a little, he multi-tasks a lot.  He almost always has Skype open talking to his friends while he does basically anything.  The two monitors helps with that. Weirdest thing I saw him do was play Garry's Mod on his primary display while screen-sharing with a friend on the secondary teaching him how to play.  

The video card, well, before I knew what I know now about GPUs (which honestly isn't a whole lot), I was trying to find a good balance of price to performance.  The 650 looked good at the time.  And in fact, it's still pretty killer for what he does.  He plays a lot of indie games, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod, Terraria, Xcom, Planetary Annihilation, Civilization 5/6, etc.    Nothing particularly power-hungry.  Everything seems to run REALLY well on it though, in spite of its entry-level status. 

.. wow that was a long explanation. 

Yep.  I don't need what he has.  I'm sporting a 2012 MacBook Pro.  The company gives us a pretty large additional discount every three years.. which comes the second quarter of next year for me.  I'm looking forward to it. 

Whenever he would encounter stupid issues like Chrome not opening, or wifi dropping, I'd always ask him if he rebooted the computer before telling me.  He would always groan because of how long it took to restart and then for Windows to finish loading all his start-ups.   So, I put in the SSDs.  Fixed that problem. 

But to get full speed on the SSDs, I had to upgrade the motherboard (previous had SATA2) which also meant a new processor was necessary.  So I figured I'd get the top-of-the-line i5 for a little more longevity. 

.. and to continue on the processor choice a little, he multi-tasks a lot.  He almost always has Skype open talking to his friends while he does basically anything.  The two monitors helps with that. Weirdest thing I saw him do was play Garry's Mod on his primary display while screen-sharing with a friend on the secondary teaching him how to play.  

The video card, well, before I knew what I know now about GPUs (which honestly isn't a whole lot), I was trying to find a good balance of price to performance.  The 650 looked good at the time.  And in fact, it's still pretty killer for what he goes.  He plays a lot of indie games, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod, Terraria, Xcom, Planetary Annihilation, Civilization 5/6, etc.    Nothing particularly power-hungry.  Everything seems to run REALLY well on it though, in spite of its entry-level status. 

.. wow that was a long explanation. 

It's fine, I like thorough explanations. Fantastic, I wish my dad were as into computers as you. He understands a lot of the basic stuff and some of the complicated stuff, but he doesn't have a lot of free time outside work and most of his time is spent with the family out (which I really enjoy, but I would love if he were an enthusiast like myself.) I guess whenever it really starts struggling, you could get a cheap R9 280 off of eBay for it, but it looks fine for now :)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It's fine, I like thorough explanations. Fantastic, I wish my dad were as into computers as you. He understands a lot of the basic stuff and some of the complicated stuff, but he doesn't have a lot of free time outside work and most of his time is spent with the family out (which I really enjoy, but I would love if he were an enthusiast like myself.) I guess whenever it really starts struggling, you could get a cheap R9 280 off of eBay for it, but it looks fine for now :)

I'd use his computer, too, sometimes if I could.  In fact I tried a few times a while back, but it just didn't work out.  Why, you ask?  

I bought him a desk chair that doesn't support my weight. haha. (Not on purpose.)  It tops out at 180lbs or something dumb like that.  I mostly play the consoles now, but not as often as I'd like.  It's certainly not because I don't have time; I have plenty of that.  I just can't seem to get in the mood for some extended play sessions.   

... except Resogun.  Damn that game.  I can't help but keep playing.  I've got a fairly good high score, too.  My rank drops frequently because every one else keeps playing, too.  But at my peak I was around 480.  I'm 510 now.  In the world.  Woo.   

I'd use his computer, too, sometimes if I could.  In fact I tried a few times a while back, but it just didn't work out.  Why, you ask?  

I bought him a desk chair that doesn't support my weight. haha. (Not on purpose.)  It tops out at 180lbs or something dumb like that.  I mostly play the consoles now, but not as often as I'd like.  It's certainly not because I don't have time; I have plenty of that.  I just can't seem to get in the mood for some extended play sessions.   

... except Resogun.  Damn that game.  I can't help but keep playing.  I've got a fairly good high score, too.  My rank drops frequently because every one else keeps playing, too.  But at my peak I was around 480.  I'm 510 now.  In the world.  Woo.   

Cool, I'll definitely have to try it. I am more into the racing genre, and looking to get an Xbox One because of it. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother, but Forza Horizon 2 looks like such an insanely fun game. Good for some extended play on the weekends and on extended school breaks.

Cool, I'll definitely have to try it. I am more into the racing genre, and looking to get an Xbox One because of it. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother, but Forza Horizon 2 looks like such an insanely fun game. Good for some extended play on the weekends and on extended school breaks.

I like racing, too.  When the word gets spread that the Drive Club servers have been upgraded and can handle the load, I'll probably hop on that bandwagon. 

My i7 is limited by my RAM and GPU. Plus i use the adobe creative cloud suite.

:huh:

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

I have a 7870 in a pc with a Athlon x2 at 1.9 ghz............

some person on this forum had a 9590, a Biostar AM3+ board, a MATX case

key word 'had'; it blew up upon initial boot up...right? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.