Phil Spencer(MS) commits to PC Gaming again....

deathjester

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-exec-again-vows-commitment-to-pc-gaming/1100-6422852/

Since his last statement? Tomb Raider is now an Xbox One exclusive and delayed off PC for who knows how long. What this accomplishes I have no idea, because that is a graphical title and a sequel to a game that looked gorgeous on the PC and there is no way in hell I would play it on an Xbox One. Bought Minecraft, and we have no idea what the future of that franchise is on sequels, but I can take a wild guess based off the track record of PC titles they bought which started with Halo. Project Spark is a Windows 8.1 exclusive which has 13 percent market share. 

Hey Phil. Would appreciate it if you just stop buying up PC titles and locking them off PC or delaying them or locking them behind an OS upgrade on an OS "you want us to forget". That would be enough commitment for me. Make more original home grown games like Forza and leave the PC franchises and multiplats alone. This money could be spent CONTRIBUTING to gaming, and not alienating customers on a MS OS and screwing people out of multiplats.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

another year, another empty promise

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

At this point It's like an abusive boyfriend making empty promises....

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

By commitment he means "look we bought minecraft! Love us please?!? ;( "

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

*yawn* oh sorry fell asleep during the speaking of this bullshit. well minecraft is screwed, halo was screwed long time ago. oh but dont worry guys phil is on the case is gonna fix this. hes gonna make pc gaming great. ya well you know what phil f*** you. when i can play halo mcc WITH my friends on xbox we can talk. until shove it up your pathetic f***ing overpayed bullshitting a** <end rant>

I'm still hoping for a universal Microsoft OS (with different skins for which device you're on) where you can download and play Xbox one games on pc.

And then I think PC optimized games would vanish and we'd actually end up worse off.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

At this point It's like an abusive boyfriend making empty promises....

Ill be damned if Im the bitch in this relationship.  I suggest we beat the guy and then tell him that he fell down the stairs. 

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I'm still hoping for a universal Microsoft OS (with different skins for which device you're on) where you can download and play Xbox one games on pc.

And then I think PC optimized games would vanish and we'd actually end up worse off.

^^^  This guy for Microsoft CEO NOW! 

---  Edit

This is the WHOLE reason that I was so excited about Windows 8, because it was going to bring all their platforms closer together.  But with Windows 10, I feel like it is a step back and it will be another 2 generations before Windows reaches milestones that even Ubuntu has figured out.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I wonder how many times I've heard this before...

Oh wait, I don't have to wonder since we have a list of it:

February 2014 - Microsoft says that they are very dedicated to PC gaming.

Makes Tomb Raider Xbone exclusive, locks the majority of PC users out from using the latest DirectX version, very slow with releasing things like Xbone controller support for the PC and have in general not really change.

I wouldn't be surprised if PC becomes a second-class citizen for Minecraft now that they bought that for 2.5 billion dollars.

October 2014 - Microsoft pledges that they will support PC gaming in a meaningful way going forward

I am willing to bet that nothing will happen.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Try to fool me 14 times, fuck off.

I'd like to see GFWL dead, then i'll start to listen to their pleads. 

I wonder how many times I've heard this before...

Oh wait, I don't have to wonder since we have a list of it:

February 2014 - Microsoft says that they are very dedicated to PC gaming.

Makes Tomb Raider Xbone exclusive, locks the majority of PC users out from using the latest DirectX version, very slow with releasing things like Xbone controller support for the PC and have in general not really change.

I wouldn't be surprised if PC becomes a second-class citizen for Minecraft now that they bought that for 2.5 billion dollars.

October 2014 - Microsoft pledges that they will support PC gaming in a meaningful way going forward

I am willing to bet that nothing will happen.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Try to fool me 14 times, fuck off.

Best part is 2012-2013.

"We won't ditch GFWL".

"Fuck it, we're ditching GFWL".

"We're committed to PC Gaming!" (if you consider the xbox one a pc)

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

"We're committed to PC Gaming!" (if you consider the xbox one a pc)

Hmm maybe thats what they are talking about whenever they say pc gamer/pc gaming. Seeing that they've done nothing to support pc gamers.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Thankfully other companys are stepping up their game when it comes to push the gaming industry forward by both listening to actual game devs, give them the tools they need and the platforms to share their work allowing pc gaming to thrive - AMD and Valve are the current references.

Microsoft is moving slowly and they keep empty promises like they always do... every year "Now we are gonna take this pc gaming thing more serious!"... enough is enough. And NVIDIA... well NVIDIA keeps evolving their own ecosystem and do their own stuff, wich is sad... I mean they reached the point of releasing a gamepad that only works on NVIDIA hardware. Don't take me wrong, this might be good for THEIR customers, but for the industry and general consumer it's either irrelevant or harmful.

microsoft-cup-of-fuck-off-small.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs