Phil Spencer(MS) commits to PC Gaming again....

deathjester

What they probably mean is they will release a Halo themed mouse pad or something.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Simplest way to show their commitment: release halo mcc on pc.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I wanna see more good games for the PC instead of the same titles suggested constantly,

a Good start would be to stop bribing devs to delay releasing games on windows in order to make them xbox exclusive. That's What they did with Square Enix. Forget about them not supporting pc gaming this is an example showing that they are willing to spend millions of dollar actively sabotaging it despite the fact that it's their own platform (windows).

Yes, we support PC gaming! but we have taken the rebooted Tomb Raider franchise, which the first game was a very good PC port and game, and made it exclusive to our gaming console and haven't said a word about it for PC, the platform we say we are REALLY paying attention to now! Fuck this.

Case: Corsair 500R (BitFenix Spectre Pro LED Green) -  CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2 -  Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming -  GPUs: Asus Strix GTX 970  -  RAM: Kingston Black - 8GB 2133 -  PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750G 750W -  Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3  -  HDDs: OCZ Vector 150 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Green 500GB -  Monitor: Acer B246HYL ymdpr 23.8 IPS  -  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical -  Audio: Sennheiser HD 600 - Magni 2/ Modi 2

I'd like to see GFWL dead, then i'll start to listen to their pleads. 

Uh.........

You should come up with a different condition. Just saying. That, or you'll have to start listening.

I wonder how many times I've heard this before...

Oh wait, I don't have to wonder since we have a list of it:

February 2014 - Microsoft says that they are very dedicated to PC gaming.

Makes Tomb Raider Xbone exclusive, locks the majority of PC users out from using the latest DirectX version, very slow with releasing things like Xbone controller support for the PC and have in general not really change.

I wouldn't be surprised if PC becomes a second-class citizen for Minecraft now that they bought that for 2.5 billion dollars.

October 2014 - Microsoft pledges that they will support PC gaming in a meaningful way going forward

I am willing to bet that nothing will happen.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Try to fool me 14 times, fuck off.

Yeah, we got Xbox One controller support (wired) after a modder got it working with a third party program LOL. MS announced it within like a week of that and played it off like they were totally into PC Gaming hahaha and doing us all a favor. I wonder how long support would have been delayed if not for that guy. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Guess we can add pressuring game developers like Ubisoft into a 30 FPS locked standard to.

More awesome "commitment" by Phil and Team Doritos and Mountain Dew, towards PC Gaming.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

The bullshit meter just broke; the needle moved too fast for the poor thing to handle.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

The pen is mightier than the sword.

73941.full.jpg

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Phil spencer is like a tired old husband responding to a nagging wife:

"yes dear, I promise I'll clean the gutters out tomorrow" 

Which begs the question, are gamers nagging old wives?  Sometimes I think we are, sometimes I think we expect too much and become entitled forgetting that the industry is driven by the biggest revenue source.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

moar pr bullshit, pls.

This so utter BS, it makes me hate M$ more than I've ever done before.

Phil Spencer needs to go he is like Jay Wilson with MS logo.

Can somebody change his wikipedia page?

Phil spencer is like a tired old husband responding to a nagging wife:

"yes dear, I promise I'll clean the gutters out tomorrow"

Which begs the question, are gamers nagging old wives? Sometimes I think we are, sometimes I think we expect too much and become entitled forgetting that the industry is driven by the biggest revenue source.

You mean a wife that is being abused.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You mean a wife that is being abused.

No, We aren't abused, we are just not as important for revenue as consoles are, so we don't get priority. Thus Phil's ranting seems to me to be lip service to pacify us. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So... Phil has actually supported PC gaming but people are complaining cause they don't want to buy their latest goods?

People should be complaining about Phil not supporting "Windows 7 gaming" or whatever is nagging them. 

No, We aren't abused, we are just not as important for revenue as consoles are, so we don't get priority. Thus Phil's ranting seems to me to be lip service to pacify us. 

How aren't we important look at MS we use their OS and MS office, or Sony look at their products their headphones, speakers, projectors, laptops and cameras they rely on PC users without us MS would go down and Sony may exist.  

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Æ.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

How aren't we important look at MS we use their OS and MS office, or Sony look at their products their headphones, speakers, projectors, laptops and cameras they rely on PC users without us MS would go down and Sony may exist.  

I didn't say pc users were unimportant, I said pc gamers were, to sony and MS pc gamers are the smallest portion of their revenue.  I dare say neither company would really miss us if we just stopped playing games.

I didn't say pc users were unimportant, I said pc gamers were, to sony and MS pc gamers are the smallest portion of their revenue.  I dare say neither company would really miss us if we just stopped playing games.

Yeah that is why they put Direct X patches behind new OS upgrades, and or make games exclusive behind an OS upgrade. Halo on Vista, Project Spark with Win 8.1.

You heard it here first. MS makes no money from OS sales to PC gamers. I expect MS to put DX 12 on Windows 7. Oh wait, that is a Windows 10 exclusive? Well I expect them to put DX 11.2 on Win 7 immediately. NM, they refused to even give the OS with 50 percent market share 11.1. 

Hey Mr. Moose can you post the profits of the Xbox division since inception? Then post the number of PC gamers on a Windows OS, whom pay 100 dollars for an OEM, or have the OEM manufacturer put it on their PC. 

So... Phil has actually supported PC gaming but people are complaining cause they don't want to buy their latest goods?

People should be complaining about Phil not supporting "Windows 7 gaming" or whatever is nagging them. 

What has microsoft actually done in regards to showing proper support to pc gaming recently though? I don't recall any big pro-pc stuff recently, though its definitely possible that I just missed or forgot about it. Or are you referring to him specifically trying to support pc but getting shot down by the rest of microsoft?

What has microsoft actually done in regards to showing proper support to pc gaming recently though? I don't recall any big pro-pc stuff recently, though its definitely possible that I just missed or forgot about it. Or are you referring to him specifically trying to support pc but getting shot down by the rest of microsoft?

Since the last commitment. They bought Tomb Raider and are delaying it on PC. Bought Minecraft and we have no idea what is going to happen with that. Had some plant, who was a "PC Gamer" (included article and his twitter feed for the lol's) say that he loved Games for Windows Live and that he hated Steam and didn't want Games for Windows Live to go away, so Phil said "we are listening and it will not be shut down, cus we are sooooo committed to PC gaming." Oh and they made Project Spark a Windows 8.1 exclusive when 8/81. combined have 13 percent market share, and it is an OS they have told you "they want you to forget". Oh and they announced they put DX 12 behind another OS upgrade (Windows 10) which could kill adoption on an already delayed to Holiday 2015 as far as games release. Betcha that is a MS game that exclusive to Windows 10 to. Wonder if it is Halo 5 or the PC/multiplat franchise they just paid 2 billion dollars for...

Am I missing anything here? Was there something else MS has done for PC gaming lately?

Article with the "PC Gamer" who hates Steam and loves Games for Windows Live.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-we-need-to-do-more-for-pc-gaming/1100-6420024/

rDbRUt5.jpg?1

https://twitter.com/ThinkDIGGITYDAN

His twitter. Lists himself as "Xbox Ambassador". This is what is called astroturfing. Microsoft literally thinks people are as dumb as dirt. Love how he lists his pictures as taken from his Windows Nokia phone (LOL). "PC Gamer".

The pen is mightier than the sword.

but the sword is so much more OP