Forum Members who have left

I was going to say that.

YES! I QUALIFY FOR BEING NOTICED IF I LEAVE

Congrats!

But don't leave. It's a sin.

Don't mess with the sine law...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Congrats!

But don't leave. It's a sin.

Don't mess with the sine law...

Brb going to get attention, make a big dramatic thread about how -redacted- inspired me and I'm leaving because he is. I'll probably be back in 2 days.

/s

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

this a fucking obituary and is damn sad, honestly i'm very pissed about the situation i have been on here for well over a year and this place has indeed changed, the atmosphere, was a 180 of what it was before, back them people didn't call names on other because of their opinions they had regardless of being uneducated, we didn't have bullshit threads that keep flames going for a while or derailed threads that turn into a cesspit for very stupid reasons, half of those member in the list weren't big contributors they just shared their thoughts on a lot of threads, and because of the rampant trolls and sense less post and aggressive attitude people leaved

@Builder history is a perfect example of this, he was here month and a half since his created the account, (confused 13 for 14 my bad) because of sheer hostility he left, he could have been wrong about everything he had to say, but none of his post he insulted someone (or at least tried to keep it at the minimum as a last resort thing), where he was threated like an asshole by a lot of people, what wrong whit him liking apple, its his thing i seemed he came in here to change people opinions about apple, from they suck to at least understand why they did this or that without people saying "that's stupid" that a really nice thinking in there,

@Askew is a very but very well know member that still lurks this place from time to time despite him "leaving" hew was tired of the shitposting and a lot of the horribly made threads in the news subforum, and he has reason, he argued a lot about this problem in the suggestions thread, and he's right imo, the news sub forum needs an overhaul, that the place i frequent the most, i post news every time i came by something i feel people should know, during the last six month i have posted much less due to the horrible one liner, or copy pasted posts, and sometimes those post stay even when something rightfully better surfaced, due to being first, though at least the later is much less frequent now

@Vitalius was an awesome member, he was the one that gave most likes on this place, and shared a few threads in here, at least his reason of leaving is life calling which is fair, but a lot of us miss him

i would talk more about the others if i read more post of them to have a sense of who they were on the forum but since i'm pointing out this problems i might as well point out the problem whit he rest of the forum

off topic its good damn cesspool of shitpost most of the time, and the few threads that are good at some point get derailed by a jackass talking shit forming a flamewar, there have been racist, politic and religious from rime to time and despite them being against CoC and getting moderated a long time after the problem started, all of this are 90% of its thread, the remaining are actually good one, like being funny or starting a decent discussion about something that isn't tech

news and reviews well read @Askew again

the hardware sub forum, i admit i hardly go there because there's always someone whit better reasoning that me and its been a while since i needed new pieces of hardware i needed advice for, but when linus mentioned the shitstorm that happened in the audio section a while ago explain a lot about hardware in general now, people being to damn aggressive also its that its getting a lot of troll threads recently

the rest there's not to much to say but its where i feel like less that 20% of the forum traffic is heading so its mostly calm because of that

and in all i'm pissed not against the forum, or the mods, i'm pissed because it seems a lot of members can't agree on disagreeing, this is valid not everything has to be like some one say, so if you read all of this, and had trade blow on flame against someone think twice before typing on your keyboard without realizing what the other person is talking about, if you don't have a saying don't say, its better to keep calm that shitting on some one regardless of the topic of if he is wrong or right, this is why i only have less that 2000 post and being in here for more that a year and 3 months

TL;DR the situation is pissing me off, the forum has problems that need fixing and a lot of people don't know the concept of respect now days

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

this a fucking obituary and is damn sad, honestly i'm very pissed about the situation i have been on here for well over a year and this place has indeed changed, the atmosphere, was a 180 of what it was before, back them people didn't call names on other because of their opinions they had regardless of being uneducated, we didn't have bullshit threads that keep flames going for a while or derailed threads that turn into a cesspit for very stupid reasons, half of those member in the list weren't big contributors they just shared their thoughts on a lot of threads, and because of the rampant trolls and sense less post and aggressive attitude people leaved

@Builder history is a perfect example of this, he was here month and a half since his created the account, because of sheer hostility he left, he could have been wrong about everything he had to say, but none of his post he insulted someone (or at least tried to keep it at the minimum as a last resort thing), where he was threated like an asshole by a lot of people, what wrong whit him liking apple, its his thing i seemed he came in here to change people opinions about apple, from they suck to at least understand why they did this or that without people saying "that's stupid" that a really nice thinking in there,

*@Builder was here for an year

*@Builder was here for an year

oh, lol i read 14 for some reason, also hes been active in the last month or so

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

-Hermit Snip!-

TL;DR the situation is pissing me off, the forum has problems that need fixing and a lot of people don't know the concept of respect now days

Well written... I do agree that there are some people who lose respect, but there are also times that there's some misunderstanding since there are no tonal cues when it comes to communicating in text...

This makes me quite sad. :( But I suppose it's good for them to move on and focus on better things.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Always annoying when they make the "I'm leaving forever" threads.

If you're going to leave, just leave. Obviously there's life outside of a box full of pretty flashing lights.

Even if they didn't mean it to sound attention-whorish, we don't need to hear a statement about how fed up you are or how you noticed you spent too much time on these forums, because believe me, everyone knows.

P.S. also amazes me how many of these high-numbered posters that left can attribute their post count to flame wars and bashing. Goodbye.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I'm going to chime in here on why I think people are leaving, but first I would like to say it is sad seeing most of the people on the list being people I would converse regularly on the forum..

I've noticed that lately some people have the 'mob mentality' going on. If they don't understand something from a different point of view, disagree, and eventually people start name calling, bickering, and flame wars.

Honestly, some of the 'help' people get from the troubleshooting forum is pathetic. Compare that to something like over at SevenForums or EightForums. Yes professionalism does exist on forums, most of the top guns on those forums are also Microsoft MVPs and MS Community contributors. Sadly one of the people I knew (MS MVP) actually past away a few months ago, as in: he died. The community was somber and understanding while also wanting to give back to the MVP's family. I won't mention who in specific it was, but just take a look at how people act on this forum to other forums. 

Yes, there will always be $hitposters and trolls everywhere you go on the Internet, but as a community here on LTT, I don't think were living up to be a recognized as a decent place where people can talk freely, get help, and act in a way that brings the overall spirit of the forum in a positive light. Essentially I feel the same way @AlexGoesHigh posted a few above mine.

Personally, I don't plan to leave the forum anytime soon, why? Because I believe it has potential. Potential to represent a community that doesn't act like d!ck heads half the time. Not to toot my own horn, but just go look through some of the threads I start or post in. Its usually troubleshooting sub forum, as I tend to help people with diagnosing BSODs by running the dump files through the Windows Debugger. Yes, I've gotten to the point where tracing a BSOD in WinDbg is fun for me (at least it helps take the stress off of university work), and I give back by letting people know what may be the culprit causing BSODs. Now thats genuine help.

So, in conclusion, I think we all need to learn to be mindful of one another, and try not to seem like jerks when we disagree. At best we should try to learn from our disagreements, learn from our mistakes, and learn from others. As a final note: I do think the community here is genuinely interested in supporting the forum, we just need to keep cool when things get heated.

PS: Sorry if this is a wall of text. Depending on what monitor resolution you run, this may seem more like a short novella rather than a paragraph in size.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

How skillful.

Senpai when you isaeko, twg and charger leave I'm packing my bags too I'll have nothing left

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

@TopWargamer has also left http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/134465-goodbye-ltt-im-leaving/

@ttam http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/113585-my-official-goodbye/

(I think we should set a minimum post count for who we keep track of though...not worth noting everyone under 2k posts who has left, there are too many)

And here's me, laughing.

COMIC SANS

community´s grow, people come and people leave.

Its just how it is.

It happens on every community on the internet.

Somethimes its sadd but yeah...

@Askew is still around, he usually only pops up to post his WCCF meme, then vanishes into the mist.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

THEY'RE ALL GOING (minus terry)??? WHAT THE FLYING FUCKDOODLE???

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I've half-left, I'm currently in reduced-activity mode and should be back in full service in about 2 weeks.

I've half-left, I'm currently in reduced-activity mode and should be back in full service in about 2 weeks.

this is reduced activity?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

wait wat helping left? aw man

its all newbies now :( help me gaben!

Im still here

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

this is reduced activity?

Yes, normally on a weekday I'm here from 4:00 -> whenever I sleep, I've cut it down a little.

I think I'm tied to LTT, I can't seem to get away.

Mate, you may as well add me to this - cya :'( I'm off

EDIT: Come back for more on a temporary basis

Compatible with Windows 95

Welp fuckin everyone leave then we can all find a new forum to flock to and eventually leave from.

WHY?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

don't forget @TheNinjaNextDor

Don't leave. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Not for being rude but this seems way too much as drama... "leaving" a forum? Kinda non sense,since you can just reply whenever you have time,its not like you have to live here.

We miss those people who left, they were active members that contributed to the forum a lot.

I think I transformed from a full time member to part time member. Eventually, I will just drop off the forums. Noobs after the giveaway are starting to piss me off. Joelthezombie though had the most cunt like attitude when leaving.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D