looks like lizzard squad is attacking xbox 1 destiny servers.

achillesviper

they posted a tweet "Woah, I think there are some Ghosts haunting Destiny." and the servers are down, cannot get back on..cmon lizzard squad.

https://twitter.com/LizardSquad/status/516424628194250753

UPDATE: https://twitter.com/LizardSquad/status/516426334453510144 

"CoD Ghosts & Destiny #offline"

UPDATE: bungie is aware and is working on the problem, the forums are down as well not sure what caused it.

UPDATE: Forums back up. servers should be up soon.

UPDATE: servers are back online for destiny! 
EA servers offline as well

UPDATE: EA back online.

post-48459-0-75919300-1411960560.png

post-48459-0-99241800-1411961002.png

post-48459-0-67572700-1411965579.png

I think people like this should be punished by never being able to touch the internet again.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Was about to say repost, but i guess they are actually doing it again. They also did it a week or two ago to destiny's severs.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

i'm genuinely intrigued as to why they even bother this

like, what do you gain at all from doing this?

they (or he) must be trying to build a name to become profitable.

I bet some people would pay for a DDOSing service by lizard squad.

Quite a reputation they've got of taking down popular servers.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If this is just a DDoS that's sad. At least make an effort. Any old fool can buy a botnet for a few hours and aim the LOIC.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Oh so that's why I can't get on. My bf bought an XB1 (gonna get me one too) and I wanna play with him so i've gotta play catchup on Destiny. I went to turn my controller off to wipe it off and read it wrong turning off the console (cause I sweat when I play getting my controllers nasty) and now I can't get it to do anything... fucking great. I guess I just won't bother playing with him ever and just wait for my own XB1 and Master Chief collection.

The more they attack Destiny server; the more people think it's because they are butthurt destiny gets 500mil budget...and the less people who gets to go into the actual game to find out how bad it is...

These guys are idiots.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I know Destiny is a pretty bad game but, it's something I can enjoy with my mate (cause we enjoy very different types of games unfortunately... i'm more a hardcore FPS guy (like Quake and UT and Halo and shit) and he's more RPG, MMO kind of stuff) but i'm kinda mad at Lizard Squad for this. If I ever meet someone who claims to be a part of them... i'm punching them in the dick.

i'm genuinely intrigued as to why they even bother this

like, what do you gain at all from doing this?

they (or he) must be trying to build a name to become profitable.

I can tell you right now some ddoser's are paid by cs:go teams to ddos certain people so they get an easier win in pro matches.

servers are still down..49 mins and counting.

bungie is working on it, only matter of time.

Bungie forums are down as well, not sure if its because of lizzard squad or tons of people flooding it.

post-48459-0-59470200-1411963737.png

post-48459-0-70443800-1411963785_thumb.p

I really don't see the point in this dumb shit.

Well you see they're succeeding right?

@Tygron - Hmmm, furry detected.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Good hopefully i'll be able to get on for a few hours then...

ill let you know when they are online, as long as it isnt crazy late..

Who even cares? It's a lame excuse for the first console MMORPG, if it can even be called that...

I know Destiny is a pretty bad game but, it's something I can enjoy with my mate (cause we enjoy very different types of games unfortunately... i'm more a hardcore FPS guy (like Quake and UT and Halo and shit) and he's more RPG, MMO kind of stuff) but i'm kinda mad at Lizard Squad for this. If I ever meet someone who claims to be a part of them... i'm punching them in the dick.

they are back online

If this is just a DDoS that's sad. At least make an effort. Any old fool can buy a botnet for a few hours and aim the LOIC.

With the security holes in bash they should try to inject a function as a variable via a buffer overflow.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The little bit of free time a day I have, I like to catch up on new games. This time around, its Destiny. 

But hey, fuck you pre-pubescent man children for thinking this stuff is cool. No, go ahead. DDoS games and ruin it for gamers who just wanted to play. 

Stick it to the man. 

With the security holes in bash they should try to inject a function as a variable via a buffer overflow.

I would hope that anyone with a serious web-facing system has patched that by now. Honestly if you haven't I have no sympathy for any trouble that comes your way at this point.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

@Tygron - Hmmm, furry detected.

^_^; yea you caught me. :P

they are back online

Woo, trying it now.

EDIT: Still getting nothing but a black screen and the loading symbol...

Haven't extensively used the XB1, how do you close apps completely to restart them?