looks like lizzard squad is attacking xbox 1 destiny servers.

achillesviper

^_^; yea you caught me. :P

Woo, trying it now.

EDIT: Still getting nothing but a black screen and the loading symbol...

Haven't extensively used the XB1, how do you close apps completely to restart them?

Press the small button by the X button, you'll see an option to quit the app entirely 

I would hope that anyone with a serious web-facing system has patched that by now. Honestly if you haven't I have no sympathy for any trouble that comes your way at this point.

Didn't you hear? The patch doesn't fix the problem. It defers it. Someone posted a thread on it a couple days ago.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

^_^; yea you caught me. :P

Woo, trying it now.

EDIT: Still getting nothing but a black screen and the loading symbol...

Haven't extensively used the XB1, how do you close apps completely to restart them?

the white glowing X on the console, click and hold that for a bit then it will shut down completly, turn it back on and try again. if that didnt fix it then give it a few more mins, about 1/4 of the people im seeing are able to get online right now so it may be an ongoing struggle lol

Didn't you hear? The patch doesn't fix the problem. It defers it. Someone posted a thread on it a couple days ago.

There's a new one though isn't there?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

the white glowing X on the console, click and hold that for a bit then it will shut down completly, turn it back on and try again. if that didnt fix it then give it a few more mins, about 1/4 of the people im seeing are able to get online right now so it may be an ongoing struggle lol

alright. Yea i've restarted the console several times. I'll just wait a little longer I guess. I went to get food anyway so I got time anyway.

alright. Yea i've restarted the console several times. I'll just wait a little longer I guess. I went to get food anyway so I got time anyway.

im online but my friend in indy still isnt, the forums are still exploding and it looks like about 1/4 of people who are trying to get on can.. let me know when you get it up and running. 

im online but my friend in indy still isnt, the forums are still exploding and it looks like about 1/4 of people who are trying to get on can.. let me know when you get it up and running. 

I'm in southern Indiana and i'm online now so it's good here.

Yay. Now I can play some catchup. For those wondering why not just use my PC master race machine, I would but i've got some HDD problems that i'm working out and currently don't have storage space to put any games on here. I have Quake Live and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (that doesn't work for more than 3 minutes) so yea... go PC master race... (I love my PC I really do but... this is one thing consoles have over PC's I still say, they just work. When the games aren't tied to servers that is)

I'm in southern Indiana and i'm online now so it's good here.

Yay. Now I can play some catchup. For those wondering why not just use my PC master race machine, I would but i've got some HDD problems that i'm working out and currently don't have storage space to put any games on here. I have Quake Live and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (that doesn't work for more than 3 minutes) so yea... go PC master race... (I love my PC I really do but... this is one thing consoles have over PC's I still say, they just work. When the games aren't tied to servers that is)

i only have an xbox for destiny and halo 5. and i must say, i dont have to force shutdown my PC when i want to actually close something..lol..

i only have an xbox for destiny and halo 5. and i must say, i dont have to force shutdown my PC when i want to actually close something..lol..

Eh, the home button and then start and exit works. I didn't know that was a thing until I asked. I knew there was a way but it's not very intuitive lol. I need to browse around and see what I can tinker with on the thing.

But you do have a point there lol. But I dunno, consoles have always been "plug it in, put the game in, turn it on (or since disk drives turn on then put game in) and play" No drivers to worry about. No parts to upgrade. Games don't decide to just not run (in the case of this old Frogger game I had years ago that ran once and only once, Mass Effect, and Sonic Adventure 2 for games I can think of right now).

But then again, on PC I can have multiple screens and mods (without altering the console, sometimes significantly) and stuff like that.

I think the old saying "Don't feed the trolls" applies greatly to LizardSquad. They WANT attention so the best thing news sites can do it not post anything of what they do.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Millions of dollars worth company cant keep up their servers.... :mellow: 
On the other side, is lizard squad really that good or nobody cares about them/ cant find them and do something about their illegal activity ?!
I dont get it, how they getting away with this so easily.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Eh, the home button and then start and exit works. I didn't know that was a thing until I asked. I knew there was a way but it's not very intuitive lol. I need to browse around and see what I can tinker with on the thing.

But you do have a point there lol. But I dunno, consoles have always been "plug it in, put the game in, turn it on (or since disk drives turn on then put game in) and play" No drivers to worry about. No parts to upgrade. Games don't decide to just not run (in the case of this old Frogger game I had years ago that ran once and only once, Mass Effect, and Sonic Adventure 2 for games I can think of right now).

But then again, on PC I can have multiple screens and mods (without altering the console, sometimes significantly) and stuff like that.

but now the ammount of updates consoles have, and i have to install the game first before playing it, they are just Pc's with some logos and a different OS on it really.. 

but now the ammount of updates consoles have, and i have to install the game first before playing it, they are just Pc's with some logos and a different OS on it really..

Thank companies for implementing DLCs and other freaking garbage to earn more money because they release "beta" version of the game and keep adding and chanching stuff after its released.... Consoles always were PCs...just OS makes them different as u said.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

These scrubs are more cringeworthy than Project Chanology.

I'm surprised these guys weren't killed by a raging 12 year old with a squeaky voice

Well true. But outside of my original 360 red ringing (sent it in and got it replaced) one time, the failure rate for console and PC for me at least is pretty skewed to console never fails and PC tends to decide it just isn't going to have it when it pleases. I know on PC there's ways to troubleshoot but with the problems i've been having lately the only solution is a full reinstall of the OS and all of that. And to get it to work 100% of the time on my system without something just completely messing up for no reason that means an entire day of nothing else but unplugging everything, reinstalling Windows, and slowly installing drivers for everything piece by piece and plugging in the appropriate hardware I wanna install next every time. Otherwise something messes up and the only way to fix it is to start allllllll over again.

After I do it this time i'm going to do what I wanted to do last time (I ended up using coolrom.com's installer for a rom and got a horrible virus like a day after I did it) and make a backup image of my system so that I can just backup to that and not have to put all the drivers back in place and all of this and all of that. Unfortunately even though PC's are the superior system, they're also a heavy mound of headache that you usually don't have to deal with on consoles unless you're like a friend of mine that went through 6 or 7 360's before giving up entirely on consoles because they kept dying on him.