Bluescreen issues

Hello, my pc have been crashing randomly and i don't know what's causing these crashes. I ran an extended Windows memory diagnostic tool. and it found no issue.

Here are my last 5 minidumps.

052124-42531-01.rar

23 minutes ago, ghifrank said:

Hello, my pc have been crashing randomly and i don't know what's causing these crashes. I ran an extended Windows memory diagnostic tool. and it found no issue.

Here are my last 5 minidumps.

052124-42531-01.rar 1.99 MB · 1 download

I have a feeling no one is going to download that .rar file, so I would recommend adding some other sort of data, like what type of BSODs you're getting which appears at the bottom of the screen.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

22 minutes ago, Agall said:

I have a feeling no one is going to download that .rar file, so I would recommend adding some other sort of data, like what type of BSODs you're getting which appears at the bottom of the screen.

If you do debugging, that's how you want the dump files. 

@ghifrank It looks like memory from the dump files. Memory doesn't have to mean RAM, but it's usually the main suspect. Windows puts low priority data from RAM into the page file and loads it back in when needed so storage can look like memory (And memory can look like storage). The memory controller is in the CPU and if this fails it will just look like memory.

When it's storage about half of the dumps will usually blame storage or storage drivers. With just three dump files it's harder to know if it's storage because there is a whole lot of randomness going on. One dump file had storage drivers involved.

Your BIOS is already up to date which is good, that would have been a possible solution if it wasn't. I did notice that it's on a beta version. Did you update the BIOS before or after the crashes started? If before, was it around that time that the crashes started? 

To test the RAM, use the machine normally with one stick at a time. If just one of the sticks cause crashes, faulty stick. If it crashes with either stick it's probably the CPU. Memory testers miss faulty RAM fairly often with DDR4 and newer.

Zen 2 CPUs (3000, 4000 and some 5000 series CPUs) have a quirk where a faulty CPU almost always looks like memory in the dump files instead of what a faulty CPU usually looks like. So if it crashes with either stick, the CPU would be my next suspect. 

1 hour ago, Bjoolz said:

If you do debugging, that's how you want the dump files. 

@ghifrank It looks like memory from the dump files. Memory doesn't have to mean RAM, but it's usually the main suspect. Windows puts low priority data from RAM into the page file and loads it back in when needed so storage can look like memory (And memory can look like storage). The memory controller is in the CPU and if this fails it will just look like memory.

When it's storage about half of the dumps will usually blame storage or storage drivers. With just three dump files it's harder to know if it's storage because there is a whole lot of randomness going on. One dump file had storage drivers involved.

Your BIOS is already up to date which is good, that would have been a possible solution if it wasn't. I did notice that it's on a beta version. Did you update the BIOS before or after the crashes started? If before, was it around that time that the crashes started? 

To test the RAM, use the machine normally with one stick at a time. If just one of the sticks cause crashes, faulty stick. If it crashes with either stick it's probably the CPU. Memory testers miss faulty RAM fairly often with DDR4 and newer.

Zen 2 CPUs (3000, 4000 and some 5000 series CPUs) have a quirk where a faulty CPU almost always looks like memory in the dump files instead of what a faulty CPU usually looks like. So if it crashes with either stick, the CPU would be my next suspect. 

I updated the BIOS after the crashes and I only have one RAM stick.