"Gamers Start Petition To Keep Old Corsair Logo"

timerwin63

as the company decided to cheap out on a graphic artist. If they cheap out on that, it means they don't care, therefor they have the same attitude on their product, so it will be crap. 

Not always the designers fault, most just do what they're told by request of the client. And I don't think Corsair would've cheaped out on a designer, they probably requested a design that looks more aggressive/gamer-y sort of thing.

I've gotta agree that the new logo is pretty bad looking, but you have to admit their products always have been styled more towards the impressionable young ones (K90 would be the exception to the rule, I think it is extremely good looking). Now the logo just fits the product better.

I highly doubt they change it, the pictures don't look like renders so that means several products like the mice have already had new molds created and that isn't cheap... Even just changing the sticker logo would be expensive to fall from on after spending all that money.

All in all, I don't really care... after all my issues with their products I don't see Corsair and quality being synonymous anymore.

@daemonowner No, but if I buy a $170 keyboard, I want it to look like a $170 fricken keyboard, not some "1337 G4M1NG K3YB04RD." Could be a K70 RGB or Ferrari 458, I want the things I own to look and feel the price I paid for them.

tbh if you want a keyboard, mouse or headset that looks more professional, you shouldn't be buying the obviously gaming-oriented peripherals they offer. They (most) don't look professional, they look aggressive and marketed towards 12 year olds.

Changing the logo to something more aggressive on an aggressive-looking product is appropriate if anything. It doesn't make the keyboard suddenly more professional. That said, Corsair has some keyboards that obviously aren't aggressive, so they shouldn't be receiving the aggressive new logo should they?

Hey look, further evidence that people buy Corsair products for the brand rather than the quality of the product itself. The logo matters more than the fucking keyboard, does it?

Were you the creator of the new logo by any chance?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Who at Corsair looked at their logo and went "ya no wut, we ned more 12 y/o gamers bruh"

I'm not one to buy a product based on the logo, in fact I don't think i actually own any two products from the same company, but really this just screams "WE WANT THE CoD TEENS TO BUY OUR PRODUCTS!!!! LOOK AT RAZER... I MEAN OUR FANCY TRIBAL TRAMP TATTOO LOGO!!!!!oneone1111!eleven!!! "

It really degrades from the somewhat more premium vibe I usually get from Corsair products.

Hey look, further evidence that people buy Corsair products for the brand rather than the quality of the product itself. The logo matters more than the fucking keyboard, does it?

people are upset because they shoving a poorly designed logo onto their high end products for purely marketing reasons.  Not everyone likes flashy, in-your-face, "1337 gamer" branding. This is not the direction that Corsair needs to take, imo. 

p3xqZyE.jpg

There, I fixed it.  

Same, but different

More "edgy" and appealing to the hardcore gamer

Keeps that yellow color they seem to like

I'll take my payment in DD4 and RGB keyboards thx

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

If I'm buying something for the looks (RGB Keyboards) You better sell what you advertised. and what you advertised was the old logo on a new keyboard.

you done fucked up now, corsair.

I'm not really a fan of the new design. I like the current design.

So with all my Corsair stuff I have some of their new stuff now or when it comes out next year after CES I will have mismatched logos.
The reason I went with an all Corsair build is for uniformity.......... :(

George and several other reps have been getting hit pretty hard with people's dissatisfaction with the new logo, effectively brushing it off with a "Well, you don't really account for that much of a margin in our sales."

ohh really. I own at least one corsair product from each of their consumer lines.

maybe in a little time I might warm up to the new design. It just looks bad on some products and better on others

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

please for the love of god don't change your logo Corsair

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

p3xqZyE.jpg

There, I fixed it.  

Same, but different

More "edgy" and appealing to the hardcore gamer

Keeps that yellow color they seem to like

I'll take my payment in DD4 and RGB keyboards thx

You do realize that corsair means privateer, or basically pirate right? Meaning the original logo is a set of sails. Upside down boat lol? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I came here for pics wth guys, how can I judge the logos if there aren't pictures to compare!?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I came here for pics wth guys, how can I judge the logos if there aren't pictures to compare!?

The source, click on it.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The mice are even worse.

While the logo on the keyboard looks like a sticker and you can probably tear it off or cover it up or something (something YOU SHOULD NOT NEED TO DO when you pay 170$ for a keyboard), the logo on the mice is embedded and glowing. There's no way to cover that mess up. 

That's a definite deal breaker for me. Kinda bummed since I really liked the B&W one, guess I'l have to buy the white G600 instead.

U34tlmS.jpg?1

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

I thought the new logo was a fad, to be honest. The old logo is way better.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

The new logo looks so out of place on the k70.

On the other hand, it looks better than the old logo on the mice.

New logo looks like something Razer would wipe on to one of their products, or some awful Assassin's Creed third party spin off keyboard.

I also would hate to see a different logo compared with all the other Corsair products I have.

Pirates and ships are cool.  Tramp stamps/Fantasy blades designed by 8 year old are not.  I also see a crab and a love heart.

I think we've just discovered the new worst first world problem.

"Our favorite high end computer peripheral manufacturing company changed the logo on its $60+ gaming accessories, and we're MAD, so we're making a petition! THIS IS A TIME FOR CHANGE, DAMMIT! RISE UP AGAINST THE UNJUST SYSTEM THAT OPPRESSES US!"

Well if you are pissing away a bunch of money on something like that in a market with loads of options then looks should be a factor. And if loads of people don't like it then there is no reason why the company should not change it to something else.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

They could just do what Cooler Master did with their Storm series stuff and use that new logo for more niche gaming stuff and keep the old one for more subtle things like PSUs and Cases.

The new logo just lacks class, in my opinion. If they just use it for the Cherry MX Red keyboards, I'm alright with it. People who use these are usually open about themselves being gamers. Me, though, I do like the occasional video game, but I don't consider myself a gamer nor someone who will buy computer parts specifically made for that purpose. I just bought a K70 because it happens to be a really good keyboard, not because it's meant for gaming. Same for my RAT5. Didn't buy it because it's geared towards gamers, I just bought it because it can scroll horizontally and I need that functionality. (srsly, why don't more mice do this?). Putting the Corsair Gaming logo will have no effect other than to make these peripherals no longer be taken seriously by non-gamers such as myself. Corsair, I love you as much as the next guy, you make good stuff, but this was a bad move.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.