"Gamers Start Petition To Keep Old Corsair Logo"

timerwin63

Wow. I mean, I can see that some people didn't like it, but holy shit, overreaction much? "I don't like one visual aspect of your product, therefore I won't buy it at all!" I mean, really, you care enough to petition to get it changed, but a single logo is enough to stop you buying a product that you clearly like? Damn.

I really like the clean look of my K70 and the logo in the middle is perfect. It looks professional and matches the color scheme. In my opinion the new logo destroys this look. 
The only reason to buy a keyboard with RGB is the look. So I can understand, that people are not buying the it anymore. 

Always sure corsair as a more refinded and mature brand were you paid a premium for the quiality and sleek design...

With that logo quickly rethinking my opinion of them...please dont change it...why would you!?

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

The old logo looks professional and represents them well without being gaudy or excessive. The new one logo appears like a poor attempt to compete with the other "gaming"  brands/peripherals on the market. I'm sure it will attract the 12 years old though...well done if that's the intent.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I wouldn't mind if the logo was a matte grey or metallic finish on the k70 rgb but having it yellow on an "RGB" keyboard is quite the design flaw.

The new one is quite ugly! 

And it's shouting "I AM A GAMING MOUSE! I AM FOR GAMING! I AM USED BY GAMERS!"

But their old one was slick, and made it look professional.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

The new logo looks like a meth addicts throwup, It looks cheap, Tacky, Just plain crap.

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

@Redheadsrule13 I think it is because of the colour, and it is on RGB keyboards so it really doesn't match unless you have the colours set to yellow.

p.s. Nice name ;)

@Redheadsrule13 I'm pretty sure it has to do with the yellow, as well as the lack of notice from Corsair. People were expecting a keyboard with the regular logo, as it was shown in all the promotional material.

Okay, fair game, I can understand being annoyed about the yellow colour. Having an RGB keyboard then forcing a yellow logo on it would certainly be annoying.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

No more tramp stamps!

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

The old logo has this heft and high quality feeling to it.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

meh.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

The old logo has this heft and high quality feeling to it.

This. It didn't feel like gamer branded crap. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Bunch of cry babies I think.

Making a whole petition because of a stupid logo?

IKR! Making a petition of a bunch of people disliking a Logo is like such a waste of 100 Keystrokes! 

/sarcasm

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

It looks like cheap clip art 

amateur hour

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

I don't generally buy products for the logo. This petition is some stupid bullshit.

If you must complain, be civil about it. Maybe less yelling about how much you hate it from the rooftops and more simply sending an email saying you'd prefer the old logo to stay.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

IKR! Making a petition of a bunch of people disliking a Logo is like such a waste of 100 Keystrokes! 

/sarcasm

It's such a first world problem though. We got all this shit going on in the world, yet someone has enough time to look at a logo and think "Wow, this logo is stupid. I'm going to start a petition so other cry babies like me can cry together!"

I hate Corsair's stock logo, but you don't see me starting a whole petition about it.

Why not just put an option for which logo you'd like on your Corsair product? I don't mind the new logo, I honestly like both.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I don't know what that is supposed to be in the middle but it looks like a heart to me which just screams tramp stamp. I don't really care that corsair gaming has a new tribal tramp stamp of approval but I much prefer there old logo, it was subtle and I had no opinion on it, but this looks like a logo that a brand like Genius would put on one of there shit gaming peripherals. I wouldn't buy a mouse pad with this logo on it...actually, I change my mind, this might actually dissuade me from purchasing a product...who knows maybe it'll grow on me.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I do not like the new logo at all. There was nothing wrong with the old one and it looked professional, but the new logo looks like they are trying to appeal to 10 year olds.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I love my "original" K70 that much more now...

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Ok. I am not into gaming keyboard and mouse.

I never look at them or care about them. I don't get the marketing specs that means nothing, nor why my keyboard and mouse needs to turn my room into a disco rave at night.

I do like backlit keyboards, however, when it's subtle and white color. Maybe, I am just boring person.

Would be nice if a company stops the B.S marketing claims, makes a good mouse and keyboard, and make it look nice, modern, sleek and professional looking. But that is just me.

Why I am saying this? I just want to explain my position to you guys, as an 'outsider' to all this stuff. So, basically like an average consumer (into gaming)

Anyway, when I saw the new logo, without even knowing it was Corsair, the first thing it got into my mind is: "Oh look, some unknown company is trying to make a 'gamer' mouse and keyboard but is really shit that could be sold at the dollar shop. I say this because the logo is very generic looking logo that tries too much to be gaming oriented, as the company decided to cheap out on a graphic artist. If they cheap out on that, it means they don't care, therefor they have the same attitude on their product, so it will be crap. ".

If I had this going through my head. I think many others do too.

Corsair should return their logo to what it was, or change to something else.

The 35th signature was mine =P (Is it sad that I actually remember that? x3)

But yeah, hate the new logo. Someone posted a thread not long ago having bought an RGB keyboard early with pics (before Corsair officially announced the rebranding) and I was scouring over the pics for 5-10 minutes trying to figure out if they'd been ripped off with some cheap imitation - which is exactly what the new logo looks like to me.

LOL the tramp stamp thing was spot on

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Wow. I mean, I can see that some people didn't like it, but holy shit, overreaction much? "I don't like one visual aspect of your product, therefore I won't buy it at all!" I mean, really, you care enough to petition to get it changed, but a single logo is enough to stop you buying a product that you clearly like? Damn.

I don't mind it, I think it's still relatively subtle in contrast to many things out there. 

Well there's lots of competition that sell peripherals that are just as good. So yea, not liking the logo is more than enough of a reason to not buy their keyboard/mouse and get a different one.