"Gamers Start Petition To Keep Old Corsair Logo"

timerwin63

I might as well slap that corsair psu "powered by corsair" case badge on the new keyboard to cover it up :P  

Proccy: i5 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v, GFX card: Asus DCUII gtx 760, Ram: corsair vengence 8GB, PSU: corsair vx550w, Case: Coolermaster cm 690 II advanced, HDD: Segate 1TB+ 500GB , Mouse: logitech g400s, Keyboard: Motospeed ck104

My problem is the yellow, as I'm planning on having the keys purple with white reactive, and it will clash horribly.

That said, I'm just going to peel the sticker and make a new one, then leave the old one in the box in case it needs returning. It almost adds another thing to the "modding" ethos of the product.

Wow after seeing corsairjames response I am definetly done with corsair mice and keyboards. The logo on the keyboard is just a sticker, fine, who cares. But I'm way more upset about the mouse. Its the whole front of the mouse and it lights up, its awful. I already have a k95 keyboard and mm200 mouse pad. I'm not changing my whole setup to match this new logo, not to mention its god awful looking. And what the hell were they thinking. Would it have hurt to leak the image, or post it on their facebook page for opinions before changing their entire damn lineup to this new logo without asking for anyones opinion. They gambled and lost. Corsair is out of touch with its customers.

All I wanted was a rgb corsair mouse to match my setup and match my rgb h100i. Damn you corsair. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

As said before me "Corsair Sails away any day". Seriously the critical word here is "unnecessary" there was NO NEED FOR THIS.  Who ever approved that last minute logo design is just plain dumb. My first reaction when I saw that logo was "What the actual f**k is that?

Its like they want to be MSI with gaming yellow but I can say its not working out at all.

Before and looking very nice indeed:

51_RSj_JEHzo_L.jpg5112_ANlk0_WL.jpg

After:

U34tlm_S.jpg

O95_F1_BO.jpg corsair_gaming_01_boxes_645x510.jpg

Corsair are getting annihilated on their FB every comment is "Keep the old logo"

Untitledsss.jpg

snip

Wait what?

Did they make the RBG keyboard only with the new shitty logo?

I'll never buy it now lol

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I'm not a massive fan of the new logo, it looks like a default tribal pattern.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I don't care about the logo change. Logo's for different companies, outside and inside of technology change constantly. Yes, it is a recognisable logo, but maybe it is time for a refresh. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I have no bias in this matter but just looking at the two logos side by side I can see old one is just better. It's more classy and unique. The new logo looks like a shitty ass tattoo.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Where are we going to.... since when in every holy cow's name, do we buy our products based on how the company's logo looks like?

REALLY?

I mean, REALLY?

I decide whatever friggin logo I want on my own product since it's my company.

What happend to people buying products because they were GOOD PRODUCTS, not because they have a pretty pwetty smexy logo?

Sorry for the rant but it's deserved.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Don't like the new logo, however I would never be as frivolous as to refuse to purchase a product because I don't like a Logo. Looks are important sure, but unless an ugly logo is dominating said product I just don't see the reason to get so upset about it if you can solve the issue with a black marker or a 20 cents sticker.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't care about the logo change. Logo's for different companies, outside and inside of technology change constantly. Yes, it is a recognisable logo, but maybe it is time for a refresh. 

I'd hope someone from England would know how to use the plural form...

They could have improved the old one, or found some other gimmick to advertise it to 14 year olds.

This design is just an embarrassment.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Where are we going to.... since when in every holy cow's name, do we buy our products based on how the company's logo looks like?

REALLY?

I mean, REALLY?

I decide whatever friggin logo I want on my own product since it's my company.

What happend to people buying products because they were GOOD PRODUCTS, not because they have a pretty pwetty smexy logo?

Sorry for the rant but it's deserved.

Don't like the new logo, however I would never be as frivolous as to refuse to purchase a product because I don't like a Logo. Looks are important sure, but unless an ugly logo is dominating said product I just don't see the reason to get so upset about it if you can solve the issue with a black marker or a 20 cents sticker.

We're customers. This product is one that is being sold not only for it's technical specs, but largely on it's aethetic appeal. They have done something that changes that aesthetic appeal 'at the last minute', in a very negative way, for a portion of people. It may be a minor change to you, but it's a subjective thing, there are clearly quite a number who find it more than minor.

We don't owe Corsair our money. We're telling them that one of the reasons we chose to buy Corsair versus other brands is that their products had a visual appeal (in addition to the functional side) that we liked, and that this new branding completely undermines that.

We shoudn't need to fix logo's when buying a $170 keyboard.

Well, on one hand, starting petitions to make companies change logos seems like a sign of a hideously consumerist society. Kind of like something out of 'Idiocracy'.

On the other hand, I have to admit that the new logo is the ugliest logo I've seen in a long time.

We're customers. This product is one that is being sold not only for it's technical specs, but largely on it's aethetic appeal. They have done something that changes that aesthetic appeal 'at the last minute', in a very negative way, for a portion of people. It may be a minor change to you, but it's a subjective thing, there are clearly quite a number who find it more than minor.

We don't owe Corsair our money. We're telling them that one of the reasons we chose to buy Corsair versus other brands is that their products had a visual appeal (in addition to the functional side) that we liked, and that this new branding completely undermines that.

We shoudn't need to fix logo's when buying a $170 keyboard.

I see your points and yes looks are important I concede that. My only gripe was just how important is a tiny logo that can, and usually is, covered by people anyway. In other words, most people into looks that would care about a logo would cover the corsair logo anyway to go with their preferred aesthetic. 

Regardless I do see your point and I definitively think it's fair to give Corsair feedback about it, but you've stumbled on something much more powerful yourself: If looks are that important then you would refuse to buy the products they would change that in a heartbeat. Writing a petition however just puts you at the mercy of their company since you're basically saying "Fuck you Corsair! I HATE the new logo give me back the old one since I'm too weak to carry out my threats and I will continue to buy your 170 bucks keyboards anyway...."

It's counter productive to make such a big deal since Corsair people are likely smiling and thinking "Oh boy they're hooked on our products" and realize they have very loyal consumers that likely won't quit buying even when they do unpopular things. This is a mistake since you end up with pieces of shit like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc. Who know they can do whatever the fuck they want to their consumers and the idiots will be loud but buy the products anyway

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'd hope someone from England would know how to use the plural form...

They could have improved the old one, or found some other gimmick to advertise it to 14 year olds.

This design is just an embarrassment.

I never said I liked it. And I agree that the other is better. But if that is who they want to market their products at, so be it. The "gamer" looks sell, whether you like it or not. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Old logo ftw, got it on my computer case and my RAM.. Please don't change it!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

The new logo looks like a symbol of a flag in a pirate ship. I'm loving it.

Yeah, if the pirates wore aprons, baked cookies and listened to metal

(aka the heart in the middle)

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

I see your points and yes looks are important I concede that. My only gripe was just how important is a tiny logo that can, and usually is, covered by people anyway. In other words, most people into looks that would care about a logo would cover the corsair logo anyway to go with their preferred aesthetic. 

Regardless I do see your point and I definitively think it's fair to give Corsair feedback about it, but you've stumbled on something much more powerful yourself: If looks are that important then you would refuse to buy the products they would change that in a heartbeat. Writing a petition however just puts you at the mercy of their company since you're basically saying "Fuck you Corsair! I HATE the new logo give me back the old one since I'm too weak to carry out my threats and I will continue to buy your 170 bucks keyboards anyway...."

It's counter productive to make such a big deal since Corsair people are likely smiling and thinking "Oh boy they're hooked on our products" and realize they have very loyal consumers that likely won't quit buying even when they do unpopular things. This is a mistake since you end up with pieces of shit like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc. Who know they can do whatever the fuck they want to their consumers and the idiots will be loud but buy the products anyway

The problem is its not a small or subtle logo. I own the old logo K70. Due to its dark colouring, it blends in, but if it was bright yellow, it would stick out all the time. Same with the cases. I know we have no confirmation that this logo will be rolled out to all products, but i have a silver/grey 600t. The simple black and white logo is subtle and blends in. That new logo would not. I'm guessing there are going to be some very tense board meetings at Corsair over the next few days. petition is already over 4500 signatures. And you know that the ugly logo will affect product reviews. Lower scores often means lower sales.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

The problem is its not a small or subtle logo. I own the old logo K70. Due to its dark colouring, it blends in, but if it was bright yellow, it would stick out all the time. Same with the cases. I know we have no confirmation that this logo will be rolled out to all products, but i have a silver/grey 600t. The simple black and white logo is subtle and blends in. That new logo would not. I'm guessing there are going to be some very tense board meetings at Corsair over the next few days. petition is already over 4500 signatures. And you know that the ugly logo will affect product reviews. Lower scores often means lower sales.

Actually yes, lower review scores is part of the "feedback" I was talking about and it could lead to less sales absolutely. But think of it as a poker game: You don't want to let the entire table your hand and say "Well fuck me, I really need this new keyboard and there's nothing like it but you're being an ass by putting that ugly logo" It's better to do just that and give bad reviews and comments and say "Yeah, logo ruins it I'll pass and get this Das Keyboard instead" Even if you're only threatening this and you still plan on getting the damn keyboard. 

So I guess I basically say all other forms of feedback are more effective than this kinds of petitions. On other news I'm glad I got my Spec-03 like 5 days ago in case they change that logo for future cases

-------

Current Rig

-------

Actually yes, lower review scores is part of the "feedback" I was talking about and it could lead to less sales absolutely. But think of it as a poker game: You don't want to let the entire table your hand and say "Well fuck me, I really need this new keyboard and there's nothing like it but you're being an ass by putting that ugly logo" It's better to do just that and give bad reviews and comments and say "Yeah, logo ruins it I'll pass and get this Das Keyboard instead" Even if you're only threatening this and you still plan on getting the damn keyboard. 

So I guess I basically say all other forms of feedback are more effective than this kinds of petitions. On other news I'm glad I got my Spec-03 like 5 days ago in case they change that logo for future cases

The reason it bugs me is that Corsair is one of the few high quality mechanical Keyboard manufactures that produce UK layout keyboards. That why i bought the K70. Most Companies simply dont make Mechanical Keyboards in UK layout. Go figure.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

The reason it bugs me is that Corsair is one of the few high quality mechanical Keyboard manufactures that produce UK layout keyboards. That why i bought the K70. Most Companies simply dont make Mechanical Keyboards in UK layout. Go figure.

I didn't know the UK layout was different than the US english layout but I can simpatize: We have a Spanish layout as well meaning that I basically have learned 2 entirely different layouts over the years and I can either live without certain letters on the keyboard (I can't correctly spell my last name since there is no / ñ / so I always takes me a few seconds to punch it in with super key on Linux or alt+164 in windows) or get nothing but membrane keyboards with a Spanish layout.

-------

Current Rig

-------

difteclats-us-uk2.png

Yeah they're not massively different. But one thing i do prefer on english keyboards is the larger 'Return' key.

Spoiler

the old one is better but it is not such a big deal i kinda like the new one too 

-snip-

Yeah they're not massively different. But one thing i do prefer on english keyboards is the larger 'Return' key.

The US version is also available with a large "Enter". The " \ " key is normal size to accommodate the large "Enter". That's how my KB is.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -