"Gamers Start Petition To Keep Old Corsair Logo"

timerwin63

To be honest..I think the new one would look cleaner if they removed the text all together. The design itself kinda reminds me of Kingdom Hearts for some reason. I can understand if you are full on Corsair fan with Corsair everything that this would be a problem. But if you don't really have a Corsair case, psu, ect. then I don't see the big deal with a different logo on the peripherals. I know for myself, it's a non issue since the old logo would just make me feel like it doesn't match my case since I don't have one from Corsair.

The reps response is incredibly disappointing and condescending too.  I would have expected a bit more care and thought to be put into this, which is due to be one of their top selling products going by the build up.

Expensive keyboard with programmable illumination, individually lit keys, multiple switch choice, inflated price tag. 16.8mil colours, sleek brushed metal designs... just who IS your target market if not gamers?

When did Corsair change their logo?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

To be honest..I think the new one would look cleaner if they removed the text all together. The design itself kinda reminds me of Kingdom Hearts for some reason. I can understand if you are full on Corsair fan with Corsair everything that this would be a problem. But if you don't really have a Corsair case, psu, ect. then I don't see the big deal with a different logo on the peripherals. I know for myself, it's a non issue since the old logo would just make me feel like it doesn't match my case since I don't have one from Corsair.

I agree, I think the logo isn't bad. But the text kills it. I'm assuming the text is there for brand recognition. If they just changed their logo with no text and this new one popped up you wouldn't instantly know who it was made by. At least not yet, until the logo becomes more widely known.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I agree, I think the logo isn't bad. But the text kills it. I'm assuming the text is there for brand recognition. If they just changed their logo with no text and this new one popped up you wouldn't instantly know who it was made by. At least not yet, until the logo becomes more widely known.

Ye.

To me, it's not much different than CM with their Storm branding/different logo. I personally don't mind the new logo, but do agree the old one has the brand recognition.

It's a logo...? Just put a piece of tape over it if it's so gosh darn awful that your eyes start bleeding. "Gaming" peripherals already scream "Geek-tramp" anyway.

Cheers,

Linus

Ha..Haha..AHAHAHAHAHAHA...WOW, some people from the dark corners of Tumblr leaked their way onto the comment section and claiming "misogyny" because somepeople are calling it a tramp stamp. Seriously, WOW, my sides. it's a fucking logo, not a war against women. The pure and utter stupidity of some people on the internet.

Looks pretty fricken terrible.. I wonder who the graphic artist was that auggested they make a tech company's logo an ugly trampstamp...

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

That's ugly as hell and very generic, looks like a shitty tramp stamp tattoo, they might as well change their name, this completely undermines the meaning of "Corsair"

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Corsair Gaming is only for our keyboards, mice, and headsets aka HID peripherals. The rest of our DIY enthusiast components (case, psu, coolers, memory, etc.) will keep the "Corsails" everyone has grown to love.

Yellow will be our official color for gaming. I think it looks quite striking! There will be a black M65 RGB too.

George will be back eventually, he's busy away at an internal event.

I also want to point out to everyone that the rebranding does serve a greater purpose and it is to appeal to everyone. Yes, I understand a lot of you *here* don't like the logo, but any branding will take some time to for adjustment. With our gaming peripherals, most people still don't know that Corsair is a player in the market because everyone associates the name with computer hardware. One of the benefits of this rebranding is move away from those assumptions and have better recognition with the mainstream crowd who may NOT be as familiar with Corsair as everyone here.

With anything new, there will be detractors and all of your reactions here doesn't really surprise me (though I had a good laugh). I am saddened to hear from some of you that the new logo dissuaded you from purchasing an otherwise GREAT product. Hopefully the benefits of having a brilliant mechanical keyboard and hearing about how awesome the product is will cause some of you to look past the small aesthetic change and give the product a try.

Hi all,

In case there is any confusion, I want to ensure that the new Corsair Gaming logo is *only* for our gaming peripherals.

Corsair PC Components, such as coolers, cases, PSU's, and memory as well as UFD's will still use the corporate sails logo.

Regards,
Your Crab Overlord

This thread is not the majority of the market. In fact, to be very blunt, enthusiasts make up a very small portion of the overall market. It does trickle down though, and what I mean by that is even though everyone here is 10% of the market, we take your feedback and criticism very heavily because it typically reflects well to the rest of the market. Your case ideas, cooler suggestions, etc. are what makes Corsair products so awesome and is why guys like George and myself spend a lot of time here.

However, this doesn't mean you guys are also always right and it is part of our job to find a compromise between what we hear from you and the feedback we get from various sources (SI's, resellers, reviewers, etc.).

We're not *exclusively* targeting which is why we still have the name Corsair being used, but to be perfectly honest, that segment of the market is what will elevate our brand to greater mass appeal. A yellow box on an endcap with this logo is going to attract much more attention than a black box that only says Corsair on it.

I probably would have preferred a more objective statement in that reddit post. Accusing us of being money-hungry and using vulgarity never has a strong impact. Every business wants to make money but it doesn't make them money-hungry. If you guys TRULY want to make a point, always remember that presentation is everything. You don't want to be seen as rabid fanboys but rather brand-conscientious enthusiasts. This applies to a great many things in life.

On a side note, I find it a bit silly people won't buy a quality product because of a logo. Does this mean they're willing to buy an inferior product with a quality logo? This is rhetorical of course.

Don't be sorry about posting your opinions. I appreciate the long explanation and I read it word for word. Your feedback is ALWAYS appreciated as well as everyone else here. Welcome to the community!

I seriously can't believe this thread at this point.

I have to be honest - I'm a bit disappointed with some of the people here. I had hoped for a higher level of discourse at OCN for some reason - I spend a lot of my own personal time here, but I really can't understand this nonsense.

You're allowed to not like something, but the damn thing is 100% mechanically identical to the one you guys have been begging for since January. The idea that you won't buy it because a 5cm logo has changed from silver and black to yellow silver and black is kind of bizarre.

But in the end you guys vote with your dollars, as always. The petition means nothing, sadly - they have terrible petitions to do stupid things like get In-N-Out to offer a veggie burger or have ABC show the series "Scandal" more often.

So here's the thing - if you don't like the logo it's cool. I get it. But can we discuss it like adults and not pretend that it's some major damned nightmare that has personally wronged you somehow?

Leave the melodrama to the console kids and youtube comments. OCN is supposed to be better than that.

These are some of the replies I found in the thread.
I think James made some good replies but as the thread went on it became more and more about "we care more about catering to mass market teens than our core demographic" and then George came in and was just being rude towards a ton of people (the almost 4000 people that have signed the petition, "console kids", anyone dissatisfied with the logo on OC...).

I think a lot of people in that thread had very good arguments but they were just ignored.
I am not a big Corsair fan but I liked their old logo. It was discrete and looked (in lack of better words) "classy".
This new logo is not only very flashy (bright yellow text and very "edgy") but also very generic. It really looks like a tramp stamp. It even has a little heart shape in it.

A logo is just a logo, but I do think this was a downgrade and I don't like how they are just brushing any criticism off like as it doesn't matter.

I do like Corsair. Prob the only times I've been negative towards them are the price of the Dominators Platinums, the Spec series of cases and the "it's not fit for large hands" carrying handle on the latest itx case from them. This logo, it's just a logo. To me, I didn't see tramp stamp right away, I saw something that made me have a mental playback of "Simple and Clean" since it reminds me of Kingdom hearts somehow, don't ask.

I have zero issue with using a keyboard or mouse with this logo, I don't stare at my peripherals like a scrib, I stare at my monitor.

On first glance, I thought it looked pretty nice. But then people mentioned how it resembled a tramp stamp, and now I can't see it as anything else. DAMN YOU PEOPLE! xD

Honestly, i don't really care for the new logo, but i think it's because i liked the old one. However, looking back at it compared to the new one, the old one looks like the pirate bay logo and the new one looks sort of like assassin blades? I don't know.. maybe it's just me

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

Wow. I mean, I can see that some people didn't like it, but holy shit, overreaction much? "I don't like one visual aspect of your product, therefore I won't buy it at all!" I mean, really, you care enough to petition to get it changed, but a single logo is enough to stop you buying a product that you clearly like? Damn.

I don't mind it, I think it's still relatively subtle in contrast to many things out there. 

Agreeably. I personally prefer the old logo, as do many others, but I'm not going to boycott the product just because of a logo, unlike many others.

Gaming rig:

i5-4670k, H100i, MSI Z97 SLI, Vengeance DDR3-1600 2*4GB, 840 EVO 250GB, Barracuda 1TB, GTX 780 Ti, 450D, CX750, VG248QE

Workstation:

Xeon E3-1231 v3, NH-U14S, Asus Z97-PRO, Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 2*8GB, 840 EVO 250GB, 2*WD Red 2TB (RAID 0), GTX 780 Ti, Define R4, AX760, VS229H-P

i think it looks to gaming-y i mean the old logo at least had some look of professionality i wont buy new stuff with that logo ...too childish

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I liked the "corsails" logo better, and I wouldn't mind the new logo if they just dropped the text. I dont want my keyboard or mouse to say "Gaming" in big yellow letters on it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

If anyone from Corsair is reading this thread, I would like to point out that when it comes to peripherals, I want them to look simple, nothing else. That includes the keyboard, mouse, mousepad, monitors, mics and headphones. I have a very simple aesthetic and your "gaming" keyboard and mice are something I'd modify quickly or not buy at all. The logo looks like a tramp stamp and yellow is far from what anyone likes so I have no idea as to why you chose to go this route.

Unless you're doing a theme for your computer, no one cares what the insides of their computers look like. However, you do care what the outside looks like. The inside of my computer doesn't even match color wise, but my Arc XL, Func mouse, Dell monitor, Monoprice keyboard, AT-M50's and a plain black mousepad is something I look at daily. Hell I don't even wear graphic tshirts because they all look like crap. Logos suck, plain and simple. The "Corsails" logo was simple and I didn't mind it, but the new logo is something I do mind and it looks like many other people do as well.

You can call us childish for caring about what we look at constantly, but you're the ones losing out on money over a logo that actually does look like crap. So I'll just take my business elsewhere, there are plenty of other options out there that fit my needs(and aren't expensive as hell).

Best of luck.

I like the new logo... but at the end of the day, it's a logo.  This why:

a) we can't have nice things

b ) general public thinks gamers are nerdy d-bags.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I was planning to be a Day One with the K70 with browns..

.. and I still might be because the keyboard is awesome and I can stick a laminate of a crab picture over the logo.

Crab stickers make everything better.

First I thought, pff, what's all the fuss about, it's just a new logo. But, wow, this just looks terrible and I would feel kind of bad if that Logo ruined the aesthetics of my gaming peripherals.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit