Is it illegal for a teacher to touch a student?

NeatSquidYT

Sounds like the PC police is in full force. Imagine if this were in the military, your commanding officer oh boy. It's a PE teacher, toughen up. When I was still in school, stuff like this was such a non issue that the very thought of treating them like a sexual predator for doing simple exercise didn't remotely cross my mind. if it's not sexual, I fail to see an issue.This is bad as an American claiming assault because someone spat on them. It's gross but not the same as smashing someone's face into a window.

Just thoughts from an American in their late 20's.

She wants you. Why can't you take a hint. This is your chance!

yes its illegal, or it should be. report her lol

If she pushes me over the line again, I will  

It don't think it is illegal, however they can lose their jobs for pushing you in an aggressive way, but for putting their hand on you like that is totally allowed they shouldn't either if you have said not to.

I personally didn't like the way she pushed me or touched me, and I found it highly inappropriate in the situation

if you are the type of person who is going to make a big deal out of that it may come back to bite you in the ass. I cant even say what I really want to say about you on that one. Get over it.

Nope. This bitch pushed me over the line. 

What do you mean by pushing you into a position for a demonstration.

If I understand correctly it sounds so minute that I hardly would care.

She was pushing me into a position, whereas it would be a lot easier to point 

Since when was touching other people illegal anywhere (unless in a way it would be considered sexual harassment)?

Imagine a situation: you accidentally bump into somebody, he/she demands 200€ as a fine for it? That'd be ridiculous.

No, but when it's an attempt by a TEACHER to a CHILD purposely touching me even though I said to stop, that's ridiculous.

My PE teacher was hot, if she touched me I'd have pitched a tent in my pants.

She's like 50 and she's an ugly ass bitch.

If they touch you sexually or something nasty like that then it is illegal. And I think she touched you sexually because of the soft reaction she said "It is ok". That are those words someone use to say when they touch someone sexually and the other person don't like it.

Report her. I recommend not to yet becaue you don't wan't to get into trouble, do you?

If she do it again, report her

I won't get into trouble for it, I felt uncomfortable with her touching me, she should damn well stop. 

Really?

Really?!

She touched you for that and you want to sue her?

Get lost, turd.

You are the type of person who is ruining the educational system with frivilous lawsuits.

Wow, so if someone touched you and you weren't happy with it, you wouldn't get infuriated? 

You're either 12 or extremely introverted, what's the big deal? it was for a demonstration.

She shouldn't touch me if I don't want to be touched. 

Yes basicly its illegal.

if you dont whish to be toutched, from people that are not authorized for it.

As far as i know, a teacher is not authorized for it.

Only Police and Doctors and such.

Thank you.  

What a scumbag move , your teacher didn't do anything to physically or sexually assault you and you want her to lose her job.

I don't want her to lose her job, I want to be known that touching kids when they don't want to be touched is wrong, and she should get a warning from her boss. 

Hope he gets some sense in him, otherwise he doesn't deserve a good life.

U mad bro? 

man up and don't be a twat, you really wanna get someone investigates just for that? pretty pathetic if you ask me

Yes I do. I don't like being touched by 50 year old women when I clearly said 'stop'   

She is a PE teacher... is she hot?

Nein. 50 and ugly. 

You got pushed in the back for a demo. And you are getting rustled about it? 

What the hell is wrong with the UK? Ever since the Saville inquiry everybody is so uptight about on just about everything.

See below 

See below

If someone does not wish to be touched, and you touch them, that's technically assault.

then again, I find P.E. Teachers to be useless wastes of flesh, and their classes shouldn't even exist to begin with.

I completely with you.  

Illegal to touch you? No

Illegal to "touch" you? Yes.

Besides, even if the headmaster sees it as wrong the most she'll get is a warning.

That's what I want, the teacher to learn a lesson.

When I was in primary my teacher always used to touch the back of my head with a wooden ruler.

#NOLIE

How old are you? 

What the hell is wrong with kids, these days?

You're overreacting. She probably tried to calm your aggressive ass down, instead of getting in your pants.

No she wasn't, she was touching me and I said stop, she sarcastically said "it's ok" while patting me on the back. Hmmm. 

yu made fun off yourself

No I didn't, I stood up for myself.

You want to sue/report her for helping you whilst demonstrating? You can do that if you want but you won't get anywhere plus I think that's just crazy and stupid.

The head will give her a warning. That's all I want. 

He asked the teacher not to touch him, he/she did anyway and replied with a sarcastic response. I'd report the bitch. Mainly because I don't like P.E. teachers, but also because if you ask someone not to touch you, they shouldn't touch you.

Mainly because your generation wasn't smart enough to take the cane away and hit them back.

Haha, I completely agree with you.

Youre taking legal advice from a forum full of 14 - 16 year olds.

Lol, I'm 13 :P

Sounds like the PC police is in full force. Imagine if this were in the military, your commanding officer oh boy. It's a PE teacher, toughen up. When I was still in school, stuff like this was such a non issue that the very thought of treating them like a sexual predator for doing simple exercise didn't remotely cross my mind. if it's not sexual, I fail to see an issue.This is bad as an American claiming assault because someone spat on them. It's gross but not the same as smashing someone's face into a window.

Just thoughts from an American in their late 20's.

Actually spitting on someone is assault because of the existence of aids, nevermind the low chance of transmission of aids via spittle.

I dont know, I guess maybe my hatred of PE teachers is skewing my opinion here. Normally I'm the type to say that he should have just stopped participating in the exercise if it made him uncomfortable. *shrugs*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Threads like these really make me feel good about studying to become a teacher... not

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

If she pushes me over the line again, I will

I personally didn't like the way she pushed me or touched me, and I found it highly inappropriate in the situation

Nope. This bitch pushed me over the line.

She was pushing me into a position, whereas it would be a lot easier to point

No, but when it's an attempt by a TEACHER to a CHILD purposely touching me even though I said to stop, that's ridiculous.

She's like 50 and she's an ugly ass bitch.

I won't get into trouble for it, I felt uncomfortable with her touching me, she should damn well stop.

Wow, so if someone touched you and you weren't happy with it, you wouldn't get infuriated?

She shouldn't touch me if I don't want to be touched.

Thank you.

I don't want her to lose her job, I want to be known that touching kids when they don't want to be touched is wrong, and she should get a warning from her boss. U mad bro?

Yes I do. I don't like being touched by 50 year old women when I clearly said 'stop'

Nein. 50 and ugly.

See below

I completely with you.

That's what I want, the teacher to learn a lesson.

How old are you?

No she wasn't, she was touching me and I said stop, she sarcastically said "it's ok" while patting me on the back. Hmmm.

No I didn't, I stood up for myself.

The head will give her a warning. That's all I want.

Haha, I completely agree with you.

If somebody touched me? Just touched? No.

Of course you would agree with the one person who agrees with you, you're 13 and clearly raised to be a dick.

Go complain about insignificant stuff in a new thread please.

I spit on your personality.

laws have chanced, its just how it is. :)

There are protocols that everyone has to follow.

Of course you would agree with the one person who agrees with you're 13 and clearly raised to be a dick.

Take a chill pill bro.

Hi,

Wondering if it's illegal for a teacher to touch a student in the UK. I'm asking as my PE teacher was pushing me today into a position for a demonstration, to which I replied "don't touch me." She proceeded to touch my back softly and say "It's ok" in a soft voice, sarcastically remarking of course. I said "I'm saying as it's illegal, and I don't like it." Is it illegal? If so, I want to report my bitch PE teacher.

Question: How old are you?

Wait saw that you're 13 Jesus fucking Christ i fear for the future of this country.

Take a chill pill bro.

I won't, you're a dick, you made it known, feel the burn.

What he should have said is "If you touch me again after I told you not to, I'm going right now to the HIGHERUPS to report this, your making me uncomfortable"

Get her response, I'm sure it would either be "Your explained to why you need to do what she asks" or you'll be excused from the demo.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Of course you would agree with the one person who agrees with you, you're 13 and clearly raised to be a dick.

Note to self, never visit the netherlands.

Can you not understand that the OP was uncomfortable with it and asked that the teacher stop? Is that really such a hard thing to understand? It's called respecting another persons boundaries you insensitive prick.

Edit: And I'm a southerner, american, and a conservative, and I'm calling you the insensitive prick. Let that sink in a bit.

You are probably being a bad sport. I would not reply by saying don't touch me, instead by expressing it in your face. It was a poor decision by yourself if it was for a demonstration. I would apologise to the teacher tomorrow to be honest if you were rude to her. She is only trying to do a demonstration, which actually greatly enhances your educational experience.

However, if it was not a joke and she hurt you, or pushed you with force aggressively, that is illegal and she could lose her job and her pGCE, which would ruin her life.

Like dude, actual abuse happens in school, and this sounds like as far from abuse as possible. PE is a physical sport (it's in the name) and a demonstration is far from a bad thing.

Compatible with Windows 95

Well, all of this has gotten out of hand.

She shouldn't have done what she did, tell her it made you uncomfortable and to ask her to never do it again. Maybe report her to whatever higher authority there is. That's it, move on.

I am suprised at some people in this thread, never expected them the way they are.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Can you not understand that the OP was uncomfortable with it and asked that the teacher stop? Is that really such a hard thing to understand? It's called respecting another persons boundaries you insensitive prick.

And then she touched him again, you want to report such an insignificant thing and OP was even thinking of a lawsuit.

Respecting boundaries is good but this is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

She didn't sexually assault him, she didn't harm him in the slightest.

If I am insensitive you and OP are over sensitive

Well, all of this has gotten out of hand.

She shouldn't have done what she did, tell her it made you uncomfortable and to ask her to never do it again. Maybe report her to whatever higher authority there is. That's it, move on.

I am suprised at some people in this thread, never expected them the way they are.

Neither did I. and normally I'm the insensitive prick of the bunch.

And then she touched him again you want to report such an insignificant thing and OP was even thinking of a lawsuit.

Respecting boundaries is good but this is making a mountain out of a more hill.

She didn't sexually assault him, she didn't harm him in the slightest.

If I am insensitive you and OP are over sensitive

He asked her not to do it, and she did it anyway, that is a complete violation of personal boundaries, and shows a complete lack of respect for her student and that students boundaries. If he had said nothing and she did it, that would be one thing, but he outright asked her not to do it, and she did it anyways. Can you not get the difference there?

Threads like these really make me feel good about studying to become a teacher... not

Go to a country that actually respects teachers :)

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Question: How old are you?

13, Year 9 

I won't, you're a dick, you made it known, feel the burn.

What he should have said is "If you touch me again after I told you not to, I'm going right now to the HIGHERUPS to report this, your making me uncomfortable"

Get her response, I'm sure it would either be "Your explained to why you need to do what she asks" or you'll be excused from the demo.

I should've... Damn it  

Edit: And I'm a southerner, american, and a conservative, and I'm calling you the insensitive prick. Let that sink in a bit.

Yay, people agree with me! 

You are probably being a bad sport. I would not reply by sating don't touch me, instead by expressing it in your face. It was a poor decision by yourself if it was for a demonstration. I would apologise to the teacher tomorrow to be honest if you were rude to her. She is only trying to do a demonstration, which actually greatly enhances your educational experience.

However, if it was not a joke and she hurt you, or pushed you with force aggressively, that is illegal and she could lose her job and her pGCE, which would ruin her life.

Like dude, actual abuse happens in school, and this sounds like as far from abuse as possible. PE is a physical sport (it's in the name) and a demonstration is far from a bad thing.

She was pushing me pretty hard, but she purposely did the demonstration becuase I wasn't doing it properly (the task she said), as I didn't understand it. Some guy explained wrongly, she saw me doing the way the guy told me and did the demo. Not very good.

Actually spitting on someone is assault because of the existence of aids, nevermind the low chance of transmission of aids via spittle.

I dont know, I guess maybe my hatred of PE teachers is skewing my opinion here. Normally I'm the type to say that he should have just stopped participating in the exercise if it made him uncomfortable. *shrugs*

The thing is, life isn't always about doing things you like. When I was in middle school, I was really out of shape, but did things as instructed anyway without making a fuss over it. When it came time for high school. I got into weight training.I'm also one that doesn't like to be touched, but come on. At some stage it becomes ridiculous. People are over sensitive these days. if the same attitude was carried towards the military, instead of your nations flag proudly waving in the air, we'd have a bunch of white ones shouting surrender. 

Lots of 13 year olds hate things that are trivial to an adult, OP. Once you get older, you'll realize how silly this is. If I were a PE teacher and had a student like that, it'd take everything in me not to be sarcastic with them - I sure as hell wouldn't send them off to the computer lab or something as an alternative.With todays gen and tech, kids really need to exercise more.

She was pushing me pretty hard, but she purposely did the demonstration becuase I wasn't doing it properly (the task she said), as I didn't understand it. Some guy explained wrongly, she saw me doing the way the guy told me and did the demo. Not very good. 

That's when you explain someone explained it wrong and ask how it's supposed to be done, telling her you're going to report for illegal touching was a low blow.

Neither did I. and normally I'm the insensitive prick of the bunch.

He asked her not to do it, and she did it anyway, that is a complete violation of personal boundaries, and shows a complete lack of respect for her student and that students boundaries.

Maybe it's the cultural differences but here this kind of thing is ridiculous, perhaps that's why you think in a different way about this.

The thing is, life isn't always about doing things you like. When I was in middle school, I was really out of shape, but did things as instructed anyway without making a fuss over it. When it came time for high school. I got into weight training.I'm also one that doesn't like to be touched, but come on. At some stage it becomes ridiculous. People are over sensitive these days. if the same attitude was carried towards the military, instead of your nations flag proudly waving in the air, we'd have a bunch of white ones shouting surrender. 

Lots of 13 year olds hate things that are trivial to an adult, OP. Once you get older, you'll realize how silly this is. If I were a PE teacher and had a student like that, it'd take everything in me not to be sarcastic with them - I sure as hell wouldn't send them off to the computer lab or something as an alternative.With todays gen and tech, kids really need to exercise more.

I play sports...

Hi,

Wondering if it's illegal for a teacher to touch a student in the UK. I'm asking as my PE teacher was pushing me today into a position for a demonstration, to which I replied "don't touch me." She proceeded to touch my back softly and say "It's ok" in a soft voice, sarcastically remarking of course. I said "I'm saying as it's illegal, and I don't like it." Is it illegal? If so, I want to report my bitch PE teacher.

Dont think its illegal unless it has a sexual nature or is forceful eg beating however you may be able to get a meeting with that teacher, the headteacher and your parents that will scare the shit outta her however will turn her even more bitchy to you.

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Maybe it's the cultural differences but here this kind of thing is ridiculous, perhaps that's why you think in a different way about this.

In the UK, it's taken seriously

Dont think its illegal unless it has a sexual nature or is forceful eg beating however you may be able to get a meeting with that teacher, the headteacher and your parents that will scare the shit outta her however will turn her even more bitchy to you.

He ASKED HER NOT TO TOUCH HIM. Doing so after that, is considered forceful. She touched him against his will, which is again, forceful. Doesn't matter what kind of touch it is.

Do you people just not get that? He asked her not to, and she said "its ok" and did it anyways. She completely disrespected his boundaries (I assume OP is male, watch the opinions change if it turns out OP is female). I've slugged people in the shoulder for touching me after I asked them not to, it's about respect.

I might tell my parents, I'll definitely tell the head though