Is it illegal for a teacher to touch a student?

NeatSquidYT

Nope. They can poke you as much as they want. It is a privilege that comes with being a teacher.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Is is touching though, not somebody making your couch muddy. I can see where you're coming from I really do, but this is considered extremely over-sensitive to the point of ridiculousness here.

I don't think he should sue or report it outright, I think he should explain to the teacher that it made him uncomfortable, ask for an apology and that it not happen again, like a civilized human being. If she dismisses him (the way all of you have) then he should report it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Actually in the Netherlands they respect them from what I have seen. :)

I can't seem to wrap my head around the language though  -_- 

Ok go somewhere with a high class education system so you at least get paid decent money :P

.. I'll be going to japan.. And then denmark.. From what i've heard that's not really well paying xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It was assault though. I asked her to stop. The class would gain nothing more by her pushing me which I didn't like, then her saying "go over there"

Oh my gosh kid, life is going to be so hard to you... good luck with high school.

It'd be funny though if his parents say something like "quit whining kid".

#CloseRequest to this thread.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Well, all of this has gotten out of hand.

She shouldn't have done what she did, tell her it made you uncomfortable and to ask her to never do it again. Maybe report her to whatever higher authority there is. That's it, move on.

I am suprised at some people in this thread, never expected them the way they are.

IMO It's ok if the teacher didn't whisper any shrekish stuff to his/her ear.

EDIT: OP I've just found out that you are 13 and imagined you telling your teacher that doing what she did (probably not fucking "touching") is illegal and I've got really pissed here. Just forget about it hell be proud of it, go tell your friends you had softcore sex with your female teacher or something. Internet really ruined these kids, giving them limitless amount of info about all kinds of things.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Lol come touch me and see what happens. I've punched people for it before. I really don't like to be touched either (at least after I've asked people not to touch me). Unless your a hot chick, then you can touch me anywhere (except my butt)

And you wouldn't think I fight back or something?

It's just touching. I really don't think you would like this country. O_o

In the UK, it's taken seriously

It's taken seriously because of stupid BS like this.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

And you wouldn't think I fight back or something?

It's just touching. I really don't think you would like this country. O_o

I don't like being touched, it makes me extremely uncomfortable. Hell I get weird about people standing too close to me (especially strangers). Not a reaction I can explain, it just makes me feel nervous. It's a physical reaction, not a mental one.

To our Dutch LTT members. never change. Maybe I was Dutch in a former life, who knows. All I know is, I enjoyed PE as a kid and whenever I felt like I couldn't do something, the PE teachers would help me out and give me encouragement. While I was kinda shy and didn't like being the demo, I did so because it's only PE. As an adult, I'm glad I never gave teacher frivolous hell. They don't get paid nowhere near enough for this.

I don't like being touched, it makes me extremely uncomfortable. Hell I get weird about people standing too close to me (especially strangers). Not a reaction I can explain, it just makes me feel nervous. It's a physical reaction, not a mental one.

Why, it's touching, I mean surely you touch on occasion.

We all hug here and shit, every time at a party (all friends) we all hug everybody. Would you hate that?

To our Dutch LTT members. never change. Maybe I was Dutch in a former life, who knows. All I know is, I enjoyed PE as a kid and whenever I felt like I couldn't do something, the PE teachers would help me out and give me encouragement. While I was kinda shy and didn't like being the demo, I did so because it's only PE. As an adult, I'm glad I never get teacher frivolous hell. They don't get paid nowhere near enough for this.

You must have been one of the kids that was fit and didn't get mocked and heckled and made to feel bad by the rest of the PE class. Although I'll be happy knowing the rest of my PE class will probably be bagging groceries in that shithole little town when I'm enjoying and IT job (when I get one)

Why, it's touching, I mean surely you touch on occasion.

We all hug here and shit, every time at a party (all friends) we all hug everybody. Would you hate that?

Again, can't explain it. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, makes my muscles clench. Maybe it's because we have never really been a family that hugs or something, I can't tell you. It's an automatic reaction I have no control over. I don't mind hugging people I am close with though. Usually because hugs are voluntary lol

You must have been one of the kids that was fit and didn't get mocked and heckled and made to feel bad by the rest of the PE class. Although I'll be happy knowing the rest of my PE class will probably be bagging groceries in that shithole little town when I'm enjoying and IT job (when I get one)

Again, can't explain it. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, makes my muscles clench. Maybe it's because we have never really been a family that hugs or something, I can't tell you.

Well my family also doesn't hug but the rest of actual Dutch people do touch regularly. Normal here.

Guys, get laid please.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

Guys, get laid please.

K

Well my family also doesn't hug but the rest of actual Dutch people do touch regularly. Normal here.

Ahh that explains a bit. I hug some of my friends, but again I know them and am comfortable with them, it's when people touch me after I've asked them not to that things get really uncomfortable for me. Like when friends try to poke my man boobs or something.

Guys, get laid please.

Mind if I borrow your sister/wife/attractivecousin?

Ahh that explains a bit. I hug some of my friends, but again I know them and am comfortable with them, it's when people touch me after I've asked them not to that things get really uncomfortable for me. Like when friends try to poke my man boobs or something.

We laugh and poke each others man Boobs I guess. The Boobs of the girls are felt when hugging. Firmly.

Again, can't explain it. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, makes my muscles clench. Maybe it's because we have never really been a family that hugs or something, I can't tell you. It's an automatic reaction I have no control over.

Chubby, hated running the mile, handful of spiteful assholes who never liked me that mocked a lot. Did it anyway because I wasn't a babby. Not everyone who went to PE and liked it have a 6 pack destined to work at Walmart. 

Still someone who doesn't like being touched on top of that, but never made a deal over school PE. Then again, normal people don't randomly touch your head, face or junk and it's usually shoulder bumping by accident if strangers. For family, it's eh not a huge fan, but as stated, I'm not going to make a huge deal over hugging.

We laugh and poke each others man Boobs I guess. The Boobs of the girls are felt when hugging. Firmly.

Holy shit, my man. Now I def feel like I was Dutch in a former life. That's my attitude towards life as well. :P

Meh, my friends always did it to embarrass me, maybe thats why it pisses me off so much.

Chubby, hated running the mile, handful of spiteful assholes who never liked me that mocked a lot. Did it anyway because I wasn't a babby. Not everyone who went to PE and liked it have a 6 pack destined to work at Walmart. 

Still someone who doesn't like being touched on top of that, but never made a deal over school PE. Then again, normal people don't randomly touch your head, face or junk and it's usually shoulder bumping by accident if strangers. For family, it's eh not a huge fan, but as stated, I'm not going to make a huge deal over hugging.

Holy shit, my man. Now I def feel like I was Dutch in a former life. That's my attitude towards life as well. :P

Sounds like you had nice teachers, Mine were assholes that joined in on the mockery

Also chubby and all, but wasn't mocked or bullied.

Just cultural I guess..

Also @TheSLSAMG I know you haven't seen me like that but things like this make my blood boil. Possibly ruining somebody's life over nothing.

Also @TheSLSAMG I know you haven't seen me like that but things like this make my blood boil. Possibly ruining somebody's life over nothing.

That's what got me mad too.

Like 2Pac said: "I don't even know why I'm on this track." lol

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

K

Don't forget to call me.

I don't have any of those. I, however, go to a "night club" every now and then with a one hundred bill on the pocket - if you know what I mean.

The Boobs of the girls are felt when hugging. Firmly.

Not sure if prankster or psycho.

I know, but it boils down to this.

The people that immediately said sue are ridiculous. That's not the proper course of action unless it was sexual harassment. But she is still harassing him by completely disregarding his request, and therefore she needs to know what she did.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Don't forget to call me.

I don't have any of those. I, however, go to a "night club" every now and then with a one hundred bill on the pocket - if you know what I mean.

Not sure if prankster or psycho.

It's called being a healthy heterosexual man.

I know, but it boils down to this.

The people that immediately said sue are ridiculous. That's not the proper course of action unless it was sexual harassment. But she is still harassing him by completely disregarding his request, and therefore she needs to know what she did.

Needing to know is one thing. Filing a report or worse is another.