Heaven Society - Week 12 (Baccano!)

Fred Castellum

vfAXr6z.png

This Weeks Anime!

Baccano!

Baccanofull540573_480h.png

Synopsis

During the early 1930s in Chicago, the transcontinental train, Flying Pussyfoot, is starting its legendary journey that will leave a trail of blood all over the country. At the same time in New York, the ambitious scientist Szilard and his unwilling aide Ennis, are looking for missing bottles of the immortality elixir. In addition, a war between the mafia groups is getting worse. On board the Advena Avis, in 1711, alchemists are about to learn the price of immortality.

Based on the award winning light novels of the same name, this anime adaptation follows several events that initially seem unrelated, both in time and place, but are part of a much bigger story—one of alchemy, survival and immortality. Merging these events together are the kindhearted would-be thieves, Isaac and Miria, connecting various people, all of them with their own hidden ambitions and agendas, and creating lifelong bonds and consequences for everyone involved.

My Opinion

I've watched it and its a really darn good action comedy! From the same guy who made Durarara!

To Kick Off Discussion

Yup definitely no one reads this....

Links To Watch

Member Tags

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

same guy who made Durarara!

No wounder some of the characters look alike :P

i'm looking forward to watching this.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

No wounder some of the characters look alike :P

i'm looking forward to watching this.

I can almost guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

"Flying PussyFoot". It's off to a bad start for me xD

HAHAHAHA no really its good. 

HAHAHAHA no really its good. 

I'll give it a watch later on this week. I'm currently re watching a few series, including Kimi Ni Todoke's second season. 

I've been on vacation but I've just made it back ... 

But I'll be out in another week ... Again 

But I'll watch this, sounds interesting  :D

"Stay focused on the present, and the future will fall into place"

Changed. Is that satisfactory?

Yes lol. I was just wondering why. Not saying you had to.

I love chromecast. throwing these things up on the big screen 10/10. my 2.44ghz core 2 duo is getting pushed to its limit though. also, 69c at 6,200 RPMs. yup, I am using a macbook pro.

edit:

I am proud of my macbook considering its a mid 2009 model. had to replace the battery once due to reaching 1000 cycles. the next thing that is going out is the track pad clicker. apple truely builds quality. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Watched the first episode a week ago and didn't think much about the show, saw it winning the poll and picked it up again. On episode 5 now.

What a convoluted mess, and here I though black rock shooter was difficult to follow but again just like black rock shooter this ties itself up nicely at the end and explains pretty much everything in acceptably.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I read the kick off the discussion btw -.-

I'm almost certain I didn't get a notification for this weeks poll either :*(

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

We have been having problems getting notifications to work in the polls. Not really sure why but it was done 2 times in the thread and i didn't get it from the original post but the second try worked but not sure why it seems to mess up for us now 

Really? God damit I'll tag everyone again in a sec. 

Really? God damit I'll tag everyone again in a sec. 

I got a notification for this but not the poll

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I got a notification for this but not the poll

Oh... well shit. I'll manually tag everyone in a post whenever a club thread goes up then. That should remedy the problem I hope. 

Oh... well shit. I'll manually tag everyone in a post whenever a club thread goes up then. That should remedy the problem I hope. 

Its a pain for you though wish we had a reliable way to do things.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

what do you mean by manually tagging?

also didn't get the poll notification.

Anyway, yeah. I have this anime ready to go and watched the first episode so far, it seems quite interesting but I called it off a while back and my eyes caught other anime so I haven't returned to it yet. I might now though.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

what do you mean by manually tagging?

Even if the OP tags everyone either by @ copy and paste or by the code I'll make a post and tag everyone again myself since it worked last time. 

also didn't get the poll notification.

Did you get one just now? 

tagging worked for me in the first go round. and it worked in the second go round. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/