Show off your latest purchases

22 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Oddly, it pretty much came that way. 48GB ram, Radeon...5870 I think? GPU, got el Capitan on it (and read how to go up further than that with trickery)

and I should have put "purchase" in quotes, as it was free. (corrupted OS prevented it from booting, so user thought it was bad)

Hmm, ok so more Mac Pro 4,1 2009 "maxxed out". I got a dual tray 4,1 for $300 that I flashed to 5,1, installed 64GB DDR3-1600 and 2x3.33GHz Xeons (6C/12T each). It came with an apple raid card but the battery on it is dead as well as a OWC 128GB SATA SSD. Currently running the latest OS X Mojave with a RX 480 8GB blower, just to keep the style. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

14 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Hmm, ok so more Mac Pro 4,1 2009 "maxxed out". I got a dual tray 4,1 for $300 that I flashed to 5,1, installed 64GB DDR3-1600 and 2x3.33GHz Xeons (6C/12T each). It came with an apple raid card but the battery on it is dead as well as a OWC 128GB SATA SSD. Currently running the latest OS X Mojave with a RX 480 8GB blower, just to keep the style. 

This old one is a twin CPU as well...2.26 IIRC (4c...I suppose 8t each, unsure really) 

How does your Mac handle the latest and greatest OS from Apple? I got Mountain Lion on it to begin with an it was pretty snappy, but El Capitan is slightly less snappy.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

This old one is a twin CPU as well...2.26 IIRC (4c...I suppose 8t each, unsure really) 

How does your Mac handle the latest and greatest OS from Apple? I got Mountain Lion on it to begin with an it was pretty snappy, but El Capitan is slightly less snappy.

It's very fluid with the OS. I believe by upgrading the graphics card from the 5870 it came with to the RX 480 helped improve the smoothness, also running it at 3440x1440 at 144Hz. I haven't played around with installing past the Apple officially supported OS for it (Mojave) but I'd imagine would work just fine if you use the install packages out there to circumvent Apple preventing installation. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

13 hours ago, WkdPaul said:

New GPU , new keyboard and 2 HHD (8TB).

~Snipped~

Ahh....Seagates.. GOOD LUCK!!!!

8 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Seagates.. GOOD LUCK!!!!

I have a Seagate hard drive in my current machine and it was used in my previous gaming rig that I built in 2013. Never had any issues. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, CommanderAlex said:

Ahh....Seagates.. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Some models do have higher fail rate, it seems it's been much better in recent years.

I have a few 1TB, 2TB, and 2 4TB, all Seagate, haven't had issues yet. **Touch wood**

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, WkdPaul said:

Some models do have higher fail rate, it seems it's been much better in recent years.

I have a few 1TB, 2TB, and 2 4TB, all Seagate, haven't had issues yet. **Touch wood**

I've always picked up a Western Digital drive and will pay more for one over a Seagate, especially Barricuda drives that seem to fail more often. 

1 hour ago, WkdPaul said:

I do miss the days when consumer-level Seagates had 5 year warranties. Never had to use said warranty, but it was nice to know they stood behind their products.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I've always picked up a Western Digital drive and will pay more for one over a Seagate, especially Barricuda drives that seem to fail more often. 

If you check Backblaze yearly reports, Seagate has higher % of failed drives, best really remains HGST enterprise solutions, but I don't have that kind of money, and it's still a worse case scenario in regards to Backblaze, I'm never going to use my drives as hard as they do.

Also, at work we have had a lot of NAS and Seagate doesn't have more problems than others, though my work isn't as intensive as Backblaze and we have a MUCH smaller sample size.

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I do miss the days when consumer-level Seagates had 5 year warranties. Never had to use said warranty, but it was nice to know they stood behind their products.

Yup ... that's why I always buy my drives in pair now (regardless of brand), I just mirror them and make sure the important stuff has off-site backups.

Just now, WkdPaul said:

If you check Backblaze yearly reports, Seagate has higher % of failed drives, best really remains HGST enterprise solutions, but I don't have that kind of money, and it's still a worse case scenario in regards to Backblaze, I'm never going to use my drives as hard as they do.

I've seen them before pointing towards Seagate having higher failure rates than other brands. I currently have a 1TB WD Blue in my system running for 7 years and at least 10,000 hours on. Works like a charm. 

I have been considering switching out these drives for 2.5" SATA SSDs for bulk storage/photos as reading off the HDDs are really slow, depending on which file I open.

got myself some decent ANC buds.  I love the Funk 35s i have but they're a super cheap set that only last a couple of hours before needing a charge at most.

PXL_20221130_164844896.thumb.jpg.360e508c9ccced013db6ec8a831d7580.jpg

If you can't stand the earwax and hair that's included with this picture just revel in the further fact that I've been wearing them another 3 hours since then too

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

20221130_165449.thumb.jpg.9ba855aaf4f09a34b4d36823e14df1f0.jpg

pack of two milwaukee utilty knifes for 20dollars

Spoiler

20221130_171244.thumb.jpg.a520d5c62079a20b3a844922b9f89c87.jpg

48-22-1505

20221130_165128.thumb.jpg.bf78b95f87ca81137bb582a0de097b45.jpg

its replacing my lenox gold utilty

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

So, uh, I guess it's time to learn a new software. Bit the bullet on FL Studio during their current sale.

image.thumb.png.e6be3cc7a1c00989c026ea367fabebdc.png

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

Whee. Upgrades! Wish I realised that the motherboard didn't support sata M.2 before buying, now I have a spare 1TB sata M.2 that I planned on using from my old PC.. Oh well!

IMG_6139.thumb.jpeg.1edd081f2325ab0ed36eac26a2ac6317.jpeg

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

On 11/29/2022 at 5:40 PM, WkdPaul said:

New GPU , new keyboard and 2 HHD (8TB).

1000003261~2.jpg

I was just researching the 6700 being the best bang for the buck. 

Is the rtx good on it? 

30 minutes ago, fpo said:

I was just researching the 6700 being the best bang for the buck. 

Is the rtx good on it? 

I haven't tried any ray tracing games yet, didn't have any installed because I had a 1060 3GB right before the 1070 (got the 1070 at the beginning of the year but didn't game much, with the 6700 xt I plan to correct that but I need to move my 4TB drives from my NAS to my PC first! 😁).

2 hours ago, WkdPaul said:

I haven't tried any ray tracing games yet, didn't have any installed because I had a 1060 3GB right before the 1070 (got the 1070 at the beginning of the year but didn't game much, with the 6700 xt I plan to correct that but I need to move my 4TB drives from my NAS to my PC first! 😁).

If you have doom eternal, let me know what fps you get with the new card. 

I had an rtx3060 but it had issues and this card seems about equivalent or better in certain scenarios so I'm curious if I can play rtx doom with that card. 

Have fun with your upgrade!!!

New Switch, GPU, key caps and since I’m now also doing LGA 1200 motherboard repairs a Pentium G6400, some cheap ram and storage and a cooler to have a test bench going/hardware to drop in and test repairs. 
B0D92CDD-551F-46F5-97E1-E0C0F7ABFCBA.thumb.jpeg.b899bb06da2afb3e906a1dc4d5a6bd39.jpeg
Just a shame the water block isn’t here yet…..

300999F8-B0AC-46F8-AD0A-B9E7745690CE.thumb.jpeg.903d823a97eda466dd35e22f4826c75c.jpeg

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Finally bit the bullet. Will be here for my birthday at the end of Jan in theory. $147 AUD is a bit of a sting. But considering the price of the competition here, it's still a fair bit cheaper..

IMG_6158.thumb.jpeg.16b7e8087f6b272d565c1b4902fb4dd0.jpeg

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

On 11/30/2022 at 8:37 PM, SimplyChunk said:

got myself some decent ANC buds.  I love the Funk 35s i have but they're a super cheap set that only last a couple of hours before needing a charge at most.

-Image Snip-

If you can't stand the earwax and hair that's included with this picture just revel in the further fact that I've been wearing them another 3 hours since then too

Yeah they're great. I've got my pair as an upgrade over the Sony WF-1000XM3 in August. The WF-1000XM4 are more comfortable, have even better ANC so are perfect for public Transport, that's where I mainly use them. The Case fits better in my pocket and they don't look so stupid anymore when they're in your Ears.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.