Rate the Photo Above you

@Phage the photo is by @Victorious Secret isn't it?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Can you PM me the raw or at least HQ file because I want to set it as my wallpaper and it's soooooo compressed and noisy? I'll give you a cookie!

Sure.

Will PM in a bit.

Sure.

Will PM in a bit.

Thanks man!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

15362465321_944a29bed7.jpg

_MG_1140-Edit by SLYMURA, on Flickr

Nice angle/perspective, I wish the flower was completely sharp but I saw that you're already at f/8.0, still looks good though. :)

Here's mine. Used my 50mm prime with the reversed lens technique for a macro shot.

15185869740_f232b8baf1_b.jpg

Bumble Bee by MPhotos07, on Flickr

i5 4690k  -  MSI Z97M Gaming  -  GTX 970  -  Kingston HyperX Savage  -  Samsung 840 EVO  -  Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

Here's my shot, i took this on a Panasonic DMC-SZ7 before it crapped out on me last year.

eAyov6S.jpg

This picture actually turned 2 years old yesterday. :)

9/10  I'm really liking this shot.  I like the pattern of sunlight on the hills.  I like the composition and how there is the band of blue sky at the top.  Its a very painterly photo and I can see it hanging on a wall somewhere.  There is some noise in the photo but I still really like the shot.

O.o Not gonna lie, I'd love to be able to be a photographer for a living....but then I'm a realist :/ 

Thanks though :) 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 9/28/2014 at 8:19 AM, HazMatt said:

Here's mine. Used my 50mm prime with the reversed lens technique for a macro shot.

Bumble Bee by MPhotos07, on Flickr

Nice! 9/10. Would've like to see a shot with a smaller aperture for a larger DoF and to get that eye in focus, but then again I'm not sure the lens you were using had an aperture ring to control that  :P

A technically challenging shot to get; good work!

You found a soft spot of mine -- black/white city scapes 10/10

I couldn't really decide, which I liked best... The only complaint I have is that they could really benefit from a faster lens....unfortunately, I don't have a couple grand to drop on one :unsure: 

xK2ldh7.jpg

cluORYP.jpg

VqCLzBC.jpg 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I couldn't really decide, which I liked best... The only complaint I have is that they could really benefit from a faster lens....unfortunately, I don't have a couple grand to drop on one :unsure:

In normal daylight my 18-85mm f4-4.6 produces normally exposed images with 1/1000 and ISO 80 which is great for sports photography. If I want to go faster I bump the ISO but usually I just edit exposure in Lightroom because it's easy to do with RAW files.

In normal daylight my 18-85mm f4-4.6 produces normally exposed images with 1/1000 and ISO 80 which is great for sports photography. If I want to go faster I bump the ISO but usually I just edit exposure in Lightroom because it's easy to do with RAW files.

I meant for a shallower DOF. I have like 60 more of these (after I narrowed it down to the really good ones), these three just have the shallowest DOF...and its not really shallow, sadly. Anyway, I was using my 70-300 f4.5-5.6 @f5.3 so, I was expecting a one, but still... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

VqCLzBC.jpg

As the photos are not in this post I must skip you. PM me if you fix it and I will update this post with a rating.

Edit it showed up in my quote so I will rate the last photo of the three. (The one I left in my post)

I give it a 6.5 I really disslike the angle and its kinda out of place something just seems off not sure what (I will try and come back and edit this when I get some sleep its been a long day haha)

14893718807_df2eb66fdd_o.jpgIMG_4727.jpg by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

As the photos are not in this post I must skip you. PM me if you fix it and I will update this post with a rating.

Edit it showed up in my quote so I will rate the last photo of the three. (The one I left in my post)

I give it a 6.5 I really disslike the angle and its kinda out of place something just seems off not sure what (I will try and come back and edit this when I get some sleep its been a long day haha)

14893718807_df2eb66fdd_o.jpgIMG_4727.jpg by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

From a photographical standpoint this pic is not special in any way imo. Its sure gives me feelings when i imagine the place you were in and the climb you had yes, but as a photograph its just nothing. I dont think you want me getting into details? 3/10

This ones mine:

Dragonbug_by_Kereplaz.jpg

Heavily downscaled but still looks fine.

i'm not exactly one to judge photos, but i'd say that looks nice with the high aperture and amount of detail on... whatever that thing is. 7/10

tmcclelland455 told me to post this here or something. i took this photo myself, the aperture was 3.5 (MAX), exposure time was 1/200th of a second, and ISO was 100. this photo was not edited in any way.

c11EB.JPG

i'm not exactly one to judge photos, but i'd say that looks nice with the high aperture and amount of detail on... whatever that thing is. 7/10

tmcclelland455 told me to post this here or something. i took this photo myself, the aperture was 3.5 (MAX), exposure time was 1/200th of a second, and ISO was 100. this photo was not edited in any way.

SNIP PICTURE

7/10

Pros: Love the water droplets, and the focus (and lack thereof). (you should see my desktop). The colors are nice as well. 

Cons: While I do like the focus and out of focus aspect, The vertical focus point "line" is distracting to me. The rest of the photo yells "im going forwards fast" but then the focus isn't. I realize its because of the angle, and also that unless you look for stuff like that, no one would notice. I wonder what a larger aperture would have done?

Call this one "marital warfare" - kinda need to know these two....

15201461590_335dd755a9_b.jpgDSC_0210JP by d3sl91, on Flickr

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

7/10

Pros: Love the water droplets, and the focus (and lack thereof). (you should see my desktop). The colors are nice as well. 

Cons: While I do like the focus and out of focus aspect, The vertical focus point "line" is distracting to me. The rest of the photo yells "im going forwards fast" but then the focus isn't. I realize its because of the angle, and also that unless you look for stuff like that, no one would notice. I wonder what a larger aperture would have done?

Call this one "marital warfare" - kinda need to know these two....

DSC_0210JP by d3sl91, on Flickr

Liked

The focus (I can see all his arm hair haha)

The colors look great.

I like that the background is out of focus.

Disliked

The framing is about all I can say the maybe a bit to much space on the left side and I feel way to drawn to the lady on the other side.

Overall 8.9/10

15257955458_b8af23043f_o.jpgIMG_5394 by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Liked

The focus (I can see all his arm hair haha)

The colors look great.

I like that the background is out of focus.

Disliked

The framing is about all I can say the maybe a bit to much space on the left side and I feel way to drawn to the lady on the other side.

Overall 8.9/10

*snip*

IMG_5394 by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

I love the vibrant color, that bokeh red and blue tower especially.

Framing could be better. I think if you crop off the right side of the picture, it would bring the left side even more focus. But that's just my opinion.

http://puu.sh/c24FQ/a2402143c3.jpg

What do you think?

Here is my original photo.

0e46446349.jpg

Framing could be better. I think if you crop off the right side of the picture, it would bring the left side even more focus. But that's just my opinion.

What do you think?

I completely agree. :D (I for the most part never edit my stuff and pride myself in posting the photo how it comes out on this forum I do edit my stuff that I post on my facebook page)

Thanks you for being a good rater with legit feedback. :D

Edit: as some people will not be able to find the last photo that they need to rate its above this post. Just ignore this post and go about your day rating the last photo in the topic as there is no rating in this post.

What do you think?

http://puu.sh/c24PV/0e46446349.jpg

I think it needs more editing. 6.5/10

ddtfd7bmsodemmefg.jpg

15478722765_0364c3539f_s.jpgGaming by REPTlLE, on Flickr

Edit forget this post.

I think it needs more editing. 6.5/10

15478722765_0364c3539f_s.jpgGaming by REPTlLE, on Flickr

Liked.

The focus wow its good.

The framing.

The subject is great.

Disliked 

All the white its a bit distracting.

Overall 9/10 looks like it should be used to market the headset.

15257845840_73ba867b36_h.jpgIMG_5025 by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

IMG_5025 by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

Wow, that colour  :wub:

Pros: 

Not the most common picture. Quite hard to get.

Lighting of the fire illuminates the smoke, adding to the effect.

Cool to see the "front lines" of fires!

Cons: 

Framing could be better. I'd say there's too much black on the bottom third of the image.

Also the angle of the photo, the big part of the fire is hidden behind (unless this was what you were going for, then great!)

I'd say a 9/10, you're lucky my favourite colour is orange :P

I can't remember whether I've posted this image or not..... Another attempt at HDR.

ppEX5tG.jpg

On 10/9/2014 at 8:30 AM, kingzogan said:

Wow, that colour  :wub:

Pros: 

Not the most common picture. Quite hard to get.

Lighting of the fire illuminates the smoke, adding to the effect.

Cool to see the "front lines" of fires!

Cons: 

Framing could be better. I'd say there's too much black on the bottom third of the image.

Also the angle of the photo, the big part of the fire is hidden behind (unless this was what you were going for, then great!)

I'd say a 9/10, you're lucky my favourite colour is orange :P

I can't remember whether I've posted this image or not..... Another attempt at HDR.

Nice! I like the HDR look although IMO you may have ramped up the contrast/clarity a bit too much. Looks intentional so it works in this case; lots of drama in the shot. One other thing to mention though is the white haloing around the trees on the left (a by-product of HDR). I'd probably go in there and paint in a lower exposure in lightroom. Very competent work and great framing! 

8.5/10

On 10/9/2014 at 2:30 AM, OrangeTimer said:

Nice! I like the HDR look although IMO you may have ramped up the contrast/clarity a bit too much. Looks intentional so it works in this case; lots of drama in the shot. One other thing to mention though is the white haloing around the trees on the left (a by-product of HDR). I'd probably go in there and paint in a lower exposure in lightroom. Very competent work and great framing! 

8.5/10

Really like it, there is something about the colours that dont quite seem right to me but im not too sure how to describe it. The bunnies look great though im guessing this was at vivid. The clarity and focus is awesome though im pretty sure I could count those bricks on the harbour bridge if i had too. 9/10

An old photo of mine:

11148090933_8c705549c3_b.jpg

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
Updated quote at user request

The flares off the first light, because it distracted me from the rest of the image, and the row of lights (that don't have lens flares) in the background are the only things I didn't like. The lines are almost perfectly straight, and the other light's lens flares are perfect. 9/10.

15465326405_948a5be72b_h.jpgUntitled by MRobertsonPhotography, on Flickr

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D