Rate the Photo Above you

Somebody post another picture then. @Victorious Secret throw another one bro

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

You sir, do have a passion for Ferraris. 9/10, maybe a lil bit more post-processing exposure? 

Here is a shot taken with a camera i borrowed, Nikon D3100: 

jgQ6Bnx.jpg

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

You sir, do have a passion for Ferraris. 9/10, maybe a lil bit more post-processing exposure? 

Here is a shot taken with i camera i borrowed, Nikon D3100: 

Liked(Pros)

The subject is very cool.

The reflections on his eyes.

Disliked(Cons) 

The focus (It could be way better)

The background is very distracting.

The color seems very off to me.

Overall 5.5/10 

My photos is 100% unedited.

Got to go down into a crevasse(Huge crack in the ice) on MT. baker and got to take my camera with me! :)

14898815721_4aecf5e050_o.jpgRope up by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

9/10, great POV shot! I CBF making special titles for pictures as I batch upload.

14880499416_4b4e6a7da3_b.jpg

Rugby Wed 13/8/14 by Zachary Ong, on Flickr

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

9/10, great POV shot! I CBF making special titles for pictures as I batch upload.

-snip-

Rugby Wed 13/8/14 by Zachary Ong, on Flickr

9/10 You have great focus in this picture.

The con that drastically sticks out is the reflections/flares in the background. And there is an ever so slight reflection in the camera lens.

Other thoughts: I am assuming that you are taking a picture of a fellow photographer posing. This gives the image a 'selfie' effect, while not truly being a selfie.nA36lya.jpg

Bonus points if anyone knows where this was shot at!

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

The con that drastically sticks out is the reflections/flares in the background. And there is an ever so slight reflection in the camera lens.

Other thoughts: I am assuming that you are taking a picture of a fellow photographer posing. This gives the image a 'selfie' effect, while not truly being a selfie.

Yep, it was of a mate. I have no idea how I'd do a selfie with my own camera without using a mirror.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Yep, it was of a mate. I have no idea how I'd do a selfie with my own camera without using a mirror.

Have someone else take a picture of you. But I don't think that counts as a real 'selfie' 

Anyway, don't forget to rate my photo.'

That picture was actually a little tricky to get as my friend was moving around alot.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Have someone else take a picture of you. But I don't think that counts as a real 'selfie' 

Anyway, don't forget to rate my photo.'

That picture was actually a little tricky to get as my friend was moving around alot.

Yeah, I was meaning as in a real selfie.

Oh, I'll leave it to someone else. I don't wanna be one of those people that hogs the thread as in not let others rate others. We need a rule that says you can't rate the person's photo below you.

I saw this thread when it was originally posted but just forgot to post. This is one of my favorite pictures that ive taken since getting my DSLR.

ACEN2013WoolTotoro.jpg

Wool Totoro @ ACEN 2013

I saw this thread when it was originally posted but just forgot to post. This is one of my favorite pictures that ive taken since getting my DSLR.

-snip-

Wool Totoro @ ACEN 2013

You didn't rate my picture:

Other thoughts: I am assuming that you are taking a picture of a fellow photographer posing. This gives the image a 'selfie' effect, while not truly being a selfie.nA36lya.jpg

Bonus points if anyone knows where this was shot at!

You didn't rate my picture:

Oops.

4/10

Ok first off focus is off and the image is blurry. Likely do to not taking a stable shot. Id also say its a bit over exposed and colors are getting washed out. I think the light coming thought the tree is a bit much and likely the cause of that. The image also feels cropped and if that is the case I would have gone in farther on the right to have less tree. Maybe just overall better framing? The Pose and subject are interesting though.

Oops.

4/10

Ok first off focus is off and the image is blurry. Likely do to not taking a stable shot. Id also say its a bit over exposed and colors are getting washed out. I think the light coming thought the tree is a bit much and likely the cause of that. The image also feels cropped and if that is the case I would have gone in farther on the right to have less tree. Maybe just overall better framing? The Pose and subject are interesting though.

I expected a low rating, it was actually a hard shot to get. My friend just hopped on it and I barely had any time to take the picture, or frame it up properly. The imaged is in no way cropped by the way, it was shot at 2048x1536, so 4:3 ratio. At the time, the sun was in a bad spot.

Maybe if I had a few extra seconds, the shot would have been drastically better.

I expected a low rating, it was actually a hard shot to get. My friend just hopped on it and I barely had any time to take the picture, or frame it up properly. The imaged is in no way cropped by the way, it was shot at 2048x1536, so 4:3 ratio. At the time, the sun was in a bad spot.

Maybe if I had a few extra seconds, the shot would have been drastically better.

Yea a bit more time would have probably gotten you a better picture. If I may ask what did you use to take the picture because im interested in what camera takes 4x3 photo's as its standard. That would explain why it felt weird to me though. As for the sun I think if you would have lowered the exposure a bit it might have been a bit better but I wouldnt know for sure.

Yea a bit more time would have probably gotten you a better picture. If I may ask what did you use to take the picture because im interested in what camera takes 4x3 photo's as its standard. That would explain why it felt weird to me though. As for the sun I think if you would have lowered the exposure a bit it might have been a bit better but I wouldnt know for sure.

It funny you ask. I was borrowing one of my father's cameras. It was an Panasonic, I don't remember the exact model, but it was a Lumix from 2007. It is a point and shoot form factor, but with removable lenses. (SLR)

Actually, I think my father had it set up to take 4:3 photos for whatever reason, because I know for a fact that I have shotten 16:9 images with it. I probably didn't change the setting when I used the camera.

EDIT: It was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1

EDIT 2: It was an SLR, not mirrorless.

It funny you ask. I was borrowing one of my father's cameras. It was an Panasonic, I don't remember the exact model, but it was a Lumix from 2007. It is a point and shoot form factor, but with removable lenses. (and of course mirrorless).

Actually, I think my father had it set up to take 4:3 photos for whatever reason, because I know for a fact that I have shotten 16:9 images with it. I probably didn't change the setting when I used the camera.

EDIT: It was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1

I doubt that 16:9 is the native ratio either. If I recall it would be 3:2?

The native resolution is 3136 x 2352.

I am not sure what aspect ratio that is off the top of my head. In 16:9 mode it shoots at 2560x 1920, obviously cropped.

Wool Totoro @ ACEN 2013

Personally I love the subject! Focus and all that jazz looks good, so 10/10

I agree with that. 16:9 pretty much doesn't exist in the DSLR market. My camera is a 3:2 aspect ratio (6000px*4000px)

I like fire... hehe. If only I had my 35mm F/1.8 when I took this shot! Sadly it hadn't arrived yet :(

1551504_1514602402085171_131401921135130

The native resolution is 3136 x 2352.

I am not sure what aspect ratio that is off the top of my head. In 16:9 mode it shoots at 2560x 1920, obviously cropped.

Always shoot at full res and preferably raw when available.

Personally I love the subject! Focus and all that jazz looks good, so 10/10

I agree with that. 16:9 pretty much doesn't exist in the DSLR market. My camera is a 3:2 aspect ratio (6000px*4000px)

I like fire... hehe. If only I had my 35mm F/1.8 when I took this shot! Sadly it hadn't arrived yet :(

-snip-

I loved the subject so much I just had to buy it. :P:D Oh remember guys and gals always ask before you take pictures of peoples artwork! ;)

and 3136 x 2352 is oddly 4:3... @ionbasa

7.5/10-ish

I like the pic. The water through the smoke has a really cool effect. What with all the compression artifacts in the darker area on the bottom? I dont like that picnic table in the picture though as it seems just in the way.

Always shoot at full res and preferably raw when available.

I loved the subject so much I just had to buy it. :P:D Oh remember guys and gals always ask before you take pictures of peoples artwork! ;)

and 3136 x 2352 is oddly 4:3... @ionbasa

7.5/10-ish

I like the pic. The water through the smoke has a really cool effect. What with all the compression artifacts in the darker area on the bottom? I dont like that picnic table in the picture though as it seems just in the way.

Ahh, its just such a weird resolution, I guess that's what happens when you have a 7.5 megapixel sensor.

Ahh, its just such a weird resolution, I guess that's what happens when you have a 7.5 megapixel sensor.

actually could be a micro 4/3-rds sensor I didnt think of that... :P

actually could be a micro 4/3-rds sensor I didnt think of that... :P

Aperantly it is a 4/3 MOS sensor: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicdmcl1/2

Ummm, just about all DSLR's?