AliExpress Wouldn't Lie... Right?

AlexTheGreatish

The Crelander Dual Screen laptop looks like an absolutely incredible deal at $750... if it actually is what they claim.

Buy an ASUS 14” UX481 ZenBook Duo: https://geni.us/oYgx

Buy an Hp 13.5” Elite Dragonfly: https://geni.us/oAxxlpJ

Check out the Crelander Dual Screen Laptop: https://lmg.gg/uWUje

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

why do people even use aliexpress for anything? it's like an AI generated interpretation of what a shopping website is.

when you go to a walmart and the kids pulled all the toys off the shelves and they're just laying in the isles everywhere.... aliexpress

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

why do people even use aliexpress for anything?

Because it's full of tantalizingly cheap crap, I guess.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

16 minutes ago, emosun said:

why do people even use aliexpress for anything? it's like an AI generated interpretation of what a shopping website is.

when you go to a walmart and the kids pulled all the toys off the shelves and they're just laying in the isles everywhere.... aliexpress

because you can buy 4TB external SSD for the price you would buy a 1TB external HDD on normal website

at least my dad did, and I think it's working?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

2 minutes ago, podkall said:

because you can buy 4TB external SSD for the price you would buy a 1TB external HDD on normal website

at least my dad did, and I think it's working?

It wont just write like a couple 100gb on it and watch it corrupt the data because its secretly a 128gb usb stick if even

14 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Because it's full of tantalizingly cheap crap, I guess.

i'll admit im not part of the "roll the dice on cheaper stuff that might be just a scam" crowd.

not like im exactly rich over here either , but if you don't have a lot of money then it would be even more important to not hurl it into the void and just hope.

Is the External PCIe port OCuLink?
CBL-SAST-1021 Connectors
If it is that's amazing. I've always wanted external PCIe on a laptop, too bad it's only an eh laptop, especially because it's already multiple generations behind on the CPU....

why no dark mode?
Current:

Watercooled Eluktronics THICC-17 (Clevo X170SM-G):
CPU: i9-10900k @ 4.9GHz all core
GPU: RTX 2080 Super (Max P 200W)
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MTs

Storage: 512GB HP EX NVMe SSD, 2TB Silicon Power NVMe SSD
Displays: Asus ROG XG-17 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), IPS 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), Gigabyte M32U 4k@144Hz (G-Sync), External Laptop panel (LTN173HT02) 1080p@120Hz

Asus ROG Flow Z13 (GZ301ZE) W/ Increased Power Limit:
CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- dGPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB

- eGPU: RTX 3080 (mobile) XGm 16GB
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 5200MTs

Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB MicroSD
Display: 1200p@120Hz

Asus Zenbook Duo (UX481FLY):

CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- GPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB
RAM: 32GB @ 4800 MTs

Storage: OEM 1TB M.2
Display: Main 1800p@120Hz OLED + Screnpad Plus 2880x864@120Hz

Custom Game Server:

CPUs: Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.1GHz all core

RAM: 128GB (4x32GB) DDR5 @ whatever it'll boot at xD (I think it's 3600MTs)

Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD in RAID 1, 4x 10TB HGST Enterprise HDD in RAID Z1

This thing popped up days ago in the forums but The listing was saying they are the oems for asus. There is so many people fall for these but i expected them to deliver nothing a i7 10750H  for 700 bucks is not that bad it isnt great and has upgrade doors (Love to see it). And for the ram Asus also do that giving 2666mhz ram but having no way to actually use it and running at 2400 with a amd apu. 

Wait no review of the potentially garbage BIOS menu?

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

For the price that's actually not a bad little machine, even with the lied-about specs. Some people in the YouTube comments said that if they fixed the BIOS to remove the CPU/RAM limitations and had a less bizarre keyboard, it'd be a compelling buy for the price, and I'm inclined to agree. The only pain point from then on would be the lousy upper panel, but people were saying that a more adequate one would be just about $20 more in parts cost. I don't know how true that is, but in any case, yeah: I see potential here. If nothing else, it's a ZenBook Duo on the cheap.

OWNED CONSOLES [ INTV | NES | SNES | GG | N64 | GBCPS1 | GCN | GBA/GBA SPDC | PS2 | Wii | DS Lite/DSi | Wii U | 3DS/XL/nXL | Switch ] PLANNED ( XSX | Amico ) TV: E420VL + CT-26WX15N

GAMING PC/WORKSTATION [ Aether Case: FD Focus G Mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950X (16c32t @3.5GHz) | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3600MHz | Mobo: Aorus X570 mITX | PSU: SSR-600TL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: WD SN750 1TB NVMe | HDD: 4TB WD Black | KB/M: Dell Multimedia USB Hub Keyboard (SK-8135) + Logitech G903 HERO | Display: ASUS VE248H + Dell E177FP | Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless

HTPC/HOME SERVER [ Phazon Case: Antec 900 Two | CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black (4c4t @3.67GHz) | GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB | RAM: 12GB (2x4GB+2x2GB) DDR3 @1400MHz | Mobo: MSI 870A-G54 | PSU: SSR-450PL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: Crucial 240GB SATA | HDD: 8TB HGST Ultrastar + 750GB WD Caviar Green + 200 GB Seagate | KB/M: Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000

partition disk perhaps is to use 1 disk image for all the different skus with different internal storage drive capacities with a disk imaging software that lacks the capability to extend or shrink image to match destination drive size. 

33 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It wont just write like a couple 100gb on it and watch it corrupt the data because its secretly a 128gb usb stick if even

perhaps, I could borrow it and fill it up with some movies to see if it's true

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

6 minutes ago, podkall said:

perhaps, I could borrow it and fill it up with some movies to see if it's true

Oh I just use one of those usb fill tester programs makes it nice and easy 😛

That or undo the 2 screws and retrieve the usb stick

If they could get the basics right I think there would be a market for a bare bones laptop that you install your own RAM and SSD in. I'd take that option if Lenovo had it.

37 minutes ago, emosun said:

Extra cheap crab. Let's make it personal, why and to what I use Aliexpress? To buy shit that I don't give 2 cents whether or not it works longer than 5 seconds and pretty much you get the exact same shit from ebay/dollarstore/poundland/whatever place you buy cheap stuff you don't care about. Like I needed old Mac SSD to M.2 adapter for one single time, I am not paying 50€ for it, I gambled 5€ and it worked long enough. Busted up PS4 controller with broken USB port and completely gone battery, I am not paying almost the price of a new controller for genuine parts just to find out that the mainboard is a goner too, ebay offers same Chinese 3rd party parts but 2-4 times the price, I gambled bankrupting 10€ and I now have mostly working PS4 controller (battery life sucks but apparently not that much different from paying the double from ebay). I would need a new shells for my 1st gen Nintendo DS, I could buy some "for parts" DS and get the shells from it and gamble them being scratched to hell or I could get reproduction shells from ebay or most likely cut the price of those reproduction shells to half and get directly from Aliexpress.

Anything mission critical or anything I care even a little and I get the good stuff that costs. But if I'm just basicly goofing around and I could just as well gamble in ebay whether or not I get scammed or some Chinese crap, might as well lower the bets and gamble in Aliexpress. You would be actually surprised how much shit is sold in ebay directly from China by the same sellers that sell the same shit with half the price in Aliexpress (like you can either get this Crelander laptop from Aliexpress for 699€ and free shipping or you can get it from German ebay for 1 200 - 1 500€ and 59€ shipping).

1 hour ago, emosun said:

Well, it's not exactly because of cost savings (due to shipping costs).

It's because of its massive selection of computer components, some of which are useful for certain types of people. For example, upgradable laptop CPUs for owners of decades old ThinkPads (or any old enterprise laptop user, really).

However, it is very risky, and finding particular items you want can be very difficult, and especially for those CPUs, it isn't a guarantee if it will *work* or not.

It obviously depends on luck, and thus AliExpress aren't for everyone. But some people are willing to, so there.

Best guess with the drive partitions is that they intend for you to store all data on the secondary partition by mapping your documents folder etc to it. That way you can safely nuke the boot partition without losing anything should you need to.

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

1 hour ago, emosun said:

Because it's cheaper than buying here. For example I can get a original Samsung 980 for half as much as I would get here and the seller don't mind forging it's customs declaration claiming it's a 15USD 64GB SD Card instead of a 300~ USD Samsung 980 2TB SSD

Typing this on a ThinkPad. The right shift key on my keyboard is so large that I basically never use the left shift for anything.

blGHOGy.png

Btw, nearly all of the entry level gaming laptops have ~60% sRGB (45% NTSC) IPS screens, so Linus being that shocked by a 45% NTSC screen is quite funny because it shows he never reviewed a bad panel before despite it being SO common.

Linus said "I don't remember the last time I saw a display that bad". Well, apart from the aspect ratio, it's very similar to the one in this laptop:

At 4:18 it is shown that it covers roughly 65% of sRGB.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Oh I just use one of those usb fill tester programs makes it nice and easy 😛

That or undo the 2 screws and retrieve the usb stick

if you use "usb" tester, ofc ur not gonna fill "hdd" because hdd isn't usb

PC:

PCs I used before:

2 hours ago, emosun said:

cheap pirated iptv, cheap windows keys, cheap office licenses, sellers will conveniently declare any item under $20 to avoid taxes. Also shipping is rarely over $5, usually under $2. 

I was searching around on ali for more weird and cheap laptops and came across the same laptop, Here is the link to it, and it says for the pci e slot is used for a external gpu which is cool if you’re able to find a compatible external gpu for it, it’ll be a great machine for gaming if it does support a gpu and on the cheap, kind of.

1121A7DA-92C0-4EEF-9056-1C8D195B9AB6.jpeg