Samsung promises ‘groundbreaking’ new TV feature: NFT support

Lightwreather

Summary

Staring at your non-fungible tokens on a smartphone or laptop screen is fine and all, but why not remind everyone who visits your home of the money you spent on digital art NFTs by showcasing them on your TV screen? Somehow we’re in a world where that’s about to become reality: Samsung says it’s planning extensive support for NFTs beginning with its 2022 TV lineup.

Samsung_NFT_Aggregation_Platform.png

Quotes

“With demand for NFTs on the rise, the need for a solution to today’s fragmented viewing and purchasing landscape has never been greater,” the company said in a press release. “In 2022, Samsung is introducing the world’s first TV screen-based NFT explorer and marketplace aggregator, a groundbreaking platform that lets you browse, purchase, and display your favorite art — all in one place.”

According to Samsung, this platform (shown above) will let creators “share their art with the world” and let potential buyers:

• Preview an NFT before purchasing it
  • Learn about an NFT’s history and blockchain metadata

Samsung is also minding the details when it comes to viewing NFTs on its 2022 televisions. A smart calibration feature on the TVs will automatically adjust display settings “to the creator’s preset values, so you can have peace of mind that your work looks impeccable, with true-to-the-original image quality.” You’ve heard of things like Dolby Vision or Netflix Calibrated Mode, and now NFTs will get a similar treatment.

My thoughts

Welp, it's the end of the world as we know it, isn't it? I can't help but think, "But why?" Why does anyone, even the hardest cryptobros and NFT supporters, need this!? I'm am sitting here in disbelief. Well, we're gonna have to wait and see, if this is first of all happens and second of all, if it does, how long untill samsung cans the "feature". Welp, have fun with this.

Sources

TheVerge

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

It’s not that bad of an idea if I understand it.

you doesn’t a bunch on money on the official copy of something? You probably want to view it

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I think this is pointless. The most you could do is put your phone number on an NFT card and display it on the TV, telling the guests, "Hey guys, here's my number, spam me!"

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

1 minute ago, adarw said:

can nfts just stop trending now? please just stop, just like Beanie Baby's, stop.

It's like those Fidget spinners they'll go away eventually...

I HOPE!

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

9 minutes ago, adarw said:

can nfts just stop trending now? please just stop, just like Beanie Baby's, stop.

At least those were physical items.  Having a "fake" unique digital item is stupid as the only thing that makes it unique is the ability to authenticate that its THAT specific version of it.  Why anyone buys into such BS is beyond me.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Microtransactions 3.0 with a new name, gone global to multiple industries.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Good for them, I suppose. Although, I still don't get the NFT craze.

I feel like if I wanted something truly unique, then I would just buy a physical painting from an artist I like and respect instead of a jpeg and a note that says that I own it but that's just me.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

givingtnt.thumb.gif.f3366f960b6bcc2c07d6 

I swear I'm gonna run out of those fucking gifs.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

At least those were physical items.  Having a "fake" unique digital item is stupid as the only thing that makes it unique is the ability to authenticate that its THAT specific version of it.  Why anyone buys into such BS is beyond me.

I think a big part of it is some people show videos of people flipping nfts to make cash so people buy into it thinking there is money to be made. Other than that there are also cryptobros that are just to lost in the sauce to realize they are pointless. Then again it's doesn't matter to me what other people do with their money. Honestly maybe I could see nfts being used for something other than pictures like maybe video games would use nfts for authentication but again there are already existing ways to do that so idk. 

2 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

My guess is that it has something to do with metaverse. Basically owning NFTs might give you access to decorate your home base with unique things in the future in your metaworld. It's still stupid I know, but with how popular social media is today and how much people care about their presence in SM, its just a world we are inevitably heading into

I always felt a HUGE money laundering through NFTs.

As a fact, Bitcoin have been used from many for fake enterprise experiences

Awesome, we're literally observing how this NFT cancer is unveiling into everything we use today. We're literally entering one of the worst eras in computing, giving shit that costs companies NOTHING to supply in terms of quantity and making them artificially finite quantity. What could possibly go wrong. Boy I can't wait for shortages of movies and game content because of this NFT shit even though before all of this the only limitation was just the bandwidth of servers that served the content.

We thought microtransactions were bad, this shit is like microtransactions on steroids, heroin, LSD and cocaine all at once.

4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Boy I can't wait for shortages of movies and game content because of this NFT shit even though before all of this the only limitation was just the bandwidth of servers that served the content.

Tho, does one have have to do that legally? What even is 'legally watching' even?

Don't hand me over to the cops

/s

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

These years will be fun to mock in retrospect. Influencers suddenly getting the “dot eth” profile name, companies “en ef tee”-ing all the things, trashy apes pfps, etc. 

it's twice i've had to use this video, thats two times to many.

honestly after this shit, there is no way in hell i'm getting a samsung tv, i've had enough of their bullshittery from previous models.

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

The best thing about NFTs are how extremely hostile some people are towards the concept.

You just have to mention NTF and some people completely lose their shit. Apparently Samsung making an app that lets you view some pictures is enough to make some people boycott the company.

13 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

The best thing about NFTs are how extremely hostile some people are towards the concept.

You just have to mention NTF and some people completely lose their shit. Apparently Samsung making an app that lets you view some pictures is enough to make some people boycott the company.

Because if you don't go full mad on them they just keep trying how far you allow them to go with this shit. So yeah, better go full crazy on them, because once this shit is included you'll NEVER get rid of it. As presented with microtransactions garbage. We'll never get rid of that garbage nonsense.

Now their "The Frame" TV finally has it's use!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

🤷‍♂️ it's not like I would be using the "smart" tv functionality anyway and I certainly won't change my mind over this

5 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

My guess is that it has something to do with metaverse. Basically owning NFTs might give you access to decorate your home base with unique things in the future in your metaworld. It's still stupid I know, but with how popular social media is today and how much people care about their presence in SM, its just a world we are inevitably heading into

You don't need NFTs to do that. Club Penguin figured out how to make limited decorative collectibles 17 years ago and I'm sure it wasn't the first. It doesn't really take a genius anyway, you can just verify what "belongs" to a given account with a database query.

NFTs have no use whatsoever. Literally none. It's a pure waste of resources; you might as well calculate a few million digits of PI every time you copy a JPEG and you'd get the same utility. There's nothing NFTs allow you to do that can't be done more efficiently in other ways.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*