Intel confirms Arc A380, Arc A350 desktop GPU names through a leaked driver

Lightwreather

Summary

As it turns out, the 30.0.101.9999 test driver that Intel themselves accidentally posted on the official website, contains more than just IDs of unreleased hardware. 

Quotes

We were just tipped (by someone who wishes to remain anonymous) that the SYS files in the driver reveal the names of unreleased Intel Xe-HPG GPUs known as Arc Alchemist. The driver already features as many as four SKUs: two desktops, and two mobile:

• Intel (R) Arc (TM) A380 Graphics Family.
  • Intel (R) Arc (TM) A350 Graphics Family.
  • Intel (R) Arc (TM) A370M Graphics Family.
  • Intel (R) Arc (TM) A350M Graphics Family.
  • Intel (R) Iris (R) Xe A200M Graphics Family. 

My thoughts

Hopefully this doesn't cost as much as a full A380/A350 (The aircraft). But yea, seems like this is the naming scheme Intel is going for. I'm going to be assuming that the ones with the "M" Suffix are mobile parts. But we'll have to wait and see intel pulls.

Sources

Videocardz

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

Hopefuly as its an A380 it will be able to carry big heavy loads on approach to the airport... sorry on approach to the biggest games coming up.

My Rigs | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 | GPU: AMD Radeon Powercolor 7800XT Hellhound | RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z Neo @3600MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G+ | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C TG | SSDs: WD BLACK SN850X 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 2TB (Backup) | HDD: Seagate IronWolf 4TB (Backup of Other PCs) | Capture Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD 2 | Monitors: AOC G2590PX & Acer XV272U Pbmiiprzx | UPS: APC BR1500GI Back-UPS Pro | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Razer Naga Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

First System: Dell Dimension E521 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 3GB DDR2 RAM

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List

Arca350/380?  yeah that really rolls of the tongue very naturally...  

Anyway it wont matter people will buy them all up for obvious reasons no matter what (unless performance is *really* bad, as in gtx1050 bad...) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Can't wait for the competing 737 Max GPUs and then the C-5M Super Galaxy.

In either case there better be multiple plane loads of the damn things else it's market irrelevant and only useful discussion material for how good, or not, they could be if you could actually get one.

Oh, the 737 Max-8 will be very good GPUs, but only from time to time, 

maybe they will sometimes explode or crash, not very big side effects

20 minutes ago, Space646 said:

Oh, the 737 Max-8 will be very good GPUs, but only from time to time, 

maybe they will sometimes explode or crash, not very big side effects

And all because of the onboard AI that's supposed to improve your gaming experience. /s

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

2 hours ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Summary

As it turns out, the 30.0.101.9999 test driver that Intel themselves accidentally posted on the official website, contains more than just IDs of unreleased hardware. 

Quotes

My thoughts

Hopefully this doesn't cost as much as a full A380/A350 (The aircraft). But yea, seems like this is the naming scheme Intel is going for. I'm going to be assuming that the ones with the "M" Suffix are mobile parts. But we'll have to wait and see intel pulls.

Sources

Videocardz

Seems like those x80 and x50 numbers are intended to align with "being better than nVidia" parts, but we will have to wait and see. Similar to how AMD's x800 parts align to nvidia's x80's

Like I hope these are comparable parts, but I'm not holding my breath.

2 hours ago, Albal_156 said:

Hopefuly as its an A380 it will be able to carry big heavy loads on approach to the airport... sorry on approach to the biggest games coming up.

Airbus to name their next plane i5 in retaliation... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Kisai said:

Seems like those x80 and x50 numbers are intended to align with "being better than nVidia" parts, but we will have to wait and see. Similar to how AMD's x800 parts align to nvidia's x80's

Like I hope these are comparable parts, but I'm not holding my breath.

From the source:

One would guess that A3XX should be equivalent to the CPU Core i3 performance tier. It is possible that A5XX, A7XX, and A9XX are also planned.

So these names may not be for the higher end models, but we don't really know until we get more info.

Given they have announced the A, B, C, D... thing, then gen beyond this would be B3xx etc. so they can reuse the same numbers without power creep like AMD/nvidia.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

5 hours ago, leadeater said:

Can't wait for the competing 737 Max GPUs and then the C-5M Super Galaxy.

In either case there better be multiple plane loads of the damn things else it's market irrelevant and only useful discussion material for how good, or not, they could be if you could actually get one.

I'm not really sure about that. The pilots, eh I mean the drivers have to be optimized first.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

So instead of the RPG character class names they named them after Airbus models? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, porina said:

B3xx etc

That's probably gonna confuse some people with mobo chipsets......

8 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Arca350/380?  yeah that really rolls of the tongue very naturally...  

Anyway it wont matter people will buy them all up for obvious reasons no matter what (unless performance is *really* bad, as in gtx1050 bad...) 

Given Intel's current numbering/naming of their CPU hierarchy, I don't think their scheme here is too terrible. After the 9900K Intel should have changed their numbering strategy for their consumer level CPUs. But as you said, people will buy them up if they're not hot garbage. MSRP will be nonexistent and supply will suck... Yeah...  

On 12/17/2021 at 8:05 PM, J-from-Nucleon said:

That's probably gonna confuse some people with mobo chipsets......

AMD did worse with their chipset naming tricks and got away with it. Easy enough for Intel to ensure it isn't an exact duplication of an existing chipset by making numbers slightly different.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:54 PM, Middcore said:

So instead of the RPG character class names they named them after Airbus models? 

They're different things. The names are the architecture generation, with the letter/number part being a specific model of that generation. In a parallel we have Golden Cove architecture used in Alder Lake consumer product line with specific models under that.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

On 12/17/2021 at 6:43 AM, Albal_156 said:

The A380 was an abject failure that lost a shit-ton of money for Airbus. Now, the A320, there's a cash cow of an entry-level if I've ever seen one.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

Intel Marketing Team: "Why is everyone talking about airplanes?!?!"

BeCaUsE mIcRoSoft fLiGhT sImUlaTor!!!!!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

4 hours ago, leadeater said:

Intel Marketing Team: "Why is everyone talking about airplanes?!?!"

Airbus marketing team: "Why do people keep asking us about graphics cards?!?!"

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

What FPS do your planes fly at and and do they have vsync on or off?

"Vsync? Our planes don't sink! Who do you think we are, Boeing?"

I wonder who will be brave enough to buy something entirely new and unproven, even if it's from known vendor like Intel. I remember old days when XGI existed and released Volari series graphic cards. XGI consisted of SiS and Trident engineers which back then was still very well known. And even back then I wondered, who bought those cards. Turns out not many as it didn't work out well, mostly because of under performing and software issues. Mainly software issues, but there was plenty of competition. Then again, so is today as both AMD and NVIDIA are very strong in graphics department.

Currently it might be desperation of gamers who will buy anything if it's just a graphic card that's a bit better than GTX 1050 from a century ago at this point. I'm optimistic, but also won't be surprised if they'll suck from software perspective. So many tried and software was always the issue with graphic cards. Even from reputable big vendors of the past.

380 and 350? sounds very much like an 3080 and 3050. Doubt they will perform any similar, but would be cool to see if they can even match those cards on the lower or higher end. Also how overall cooling and performance per watt.

4 hours ago, RejZoR said:

I wonder who will be brave enough to buy something entirely new and unproven, even if it's from known vendor like Intel.

If the reviews show it's good and value for money I would, no reason not to.

12 minutes ago, leadeater said:

If the reviews show it's good and value for money I would, no reason not to.

also that oneAPI can help a lot. not sure how good it will perform with oneAPI but cool 😛

In other news lawyers from Airbus told Intel to drop to change their model numbers because their customers are getting confused between the A380 plane and A380 video card.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list