Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Build a gaming pc for downloading Windows 11 its out of beta now

10 minutes ago, nicki minaj said:

Build a gaming pc for downloading Windows 11 its out of beta now

merged into video suggestion thread

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I would love to see Linus team up with a Team Member from the LTT Graphics team (eg: Sarah) to test drive, review and demo this fancy looking thing from ASUS: Zenbook Pro Duo 15 OLED (UX582)|Laptops For Home|ASUS Australia

It appears (on the surface - no pun intended) to be a Graphic Designer/Video Editor's dream machine. In various screen shots, the 'touchpad' on the right changes from a NumPad layout to an empty one. 4K main display. This could be a great thing to review. I have included the current price of this on an Australian website (and yes... that is a saving of 1 cent), so it's not cheap.

image.thumb.png.e0b061a09ee89ecbb8ef046325addc3c.png

“There will always be those who mean to do us harm. To stop them, we risk awakening the same evil within ourselves. Our first instinct is to seek revenge when those we love are taken from us. But that’s not who we are.”  - My Dad

My Specifications:

(GPU in process of Upgrade)

Component

Selection

CPU

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor

CPU Cooler

Cooler Master A71C 38.99 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard

Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS WIFI II Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory

G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage

Gigabyte GP-GSTFS31240GNTD 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GPU

ASUS RX580 8GB

Case

Thermaltake Versa H17 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Power Supply

Corsair RM750 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit

About your 'overdramazation' of VBS in Windows 11 has performance loss in gaming....

No, Windows 11 Does NOT Ruin Gaming Performance (Don't Disable VBS)

Please make sure that the truth is out and not just repeating everything without testing yourself…

Yeah there is a lot (justified) against Windows but doing it just for the news….

Inform only such things after testing yourself, please do not repeat other information as as, rectify your statements… that’s not what LTT stands for. 

You have too much of a pull to just repeat without testing yourself and saying it’s so.

Life to the fullest without regrets and be as happy as you could be.

6 hours ago, Captain Kirks Son said:

I would love to see Linus team up with a Team Member from the LTT Graphics team (eg: Sarah) to test drive, review and demo this fancy looking thing from ASUS

They already have at least 3 videos on iterations of this machine

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Would like to see a video attempting to build a modern day pc inside this mid 2000's case, the Asus Vento

Asus VENTO Thailand Khonkaen | TechPowerUp Case Modding Gallery

Hey LNN guys, I am a supporter of right to repair although I don't have the kind of reach you guys do so could I get you to look into doing a video about the problem regarding Phone/Google/Network locking that are basically making millions of phones a day nothing but e-waste. I have been able to occasionally manage to remove the google lock so I could at least re-purpose the phone for some other use but the is few, far, and in-between...that said I would take a page from the desktop computer industry and make it reformattable but then completely unlocked, maybe after 5 years or something like that...I cannot be the only one that is p'd off about the ways cell phones work.

2 hours ago, accessmemorex said:

I cannot be the only one that is p'd off about the ways cell phones work.

Isn't SIM locking either forbidden or having to be disabled after 2 years in most places already?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

You know what would be a great shoutout/video idea?

Call out to Intel and AMD, they should make mobile socket CPUs again. That would increase repairability and ofcourse the general standpoint to have a user friendly device. To say atleast, I work on older electronics like older laptops and it is such a nice thing to be able to upgrade the mobile processor from a 1 core to a dual or quad core CPU. So much better than today, where everything is soldered in.

-> Would also be a great thing for Framework, since then their Laptop can be improved more and more.

There are numerous posts and bad reviews on ibuypower and their graphics cards that they send out. My friend has purchased two pcs from them both with faulty graphics card. I have also purchased one recently with a 3060ti from ibuypower that also did not work. The pc also came with a faulty windows that I had to fix. 
it seems that they have little to no quality control. 
maybe check up on these guys and see what they are doing with these faulty graphics cards or what they are really giving to the customers and how they have so many bad reviews

Can LTT do a review of the Airplex GIGANT 3360? It's been available since 2014 but there are zero reviews for it anywhere. I asked for general comments on it in this earlier thread:

This thing's also entirely vertical with some impressive-looking surface area. It seems like a completely different setup than other block-rads

I've just got no clue how it performs or what to expect from it... The best I've found is this old thread: https://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-foren/english-forum/103319-considering-a-airplex-gigant-3360/

Linus Tech Tips VS Puget System

Linus, Anthony, Jake and Luke are the Linus Tech Tips (LTT) gurus. They, I guess, are the main staff that pick parts to make the computers needed for their applications.

I suggest a video with Puget System (PS), but this time, as contest.

Both "teams" have 2 weeks to research components to match the builds based on "customers" like be Taran (for editing) and Shroud (for gaming/streaming).

Monitors (multiple for each) must also match the needs along with peripherals mentioned to be essential, like Mice, Webcams, etc..

Inviting Taran and other Power Users, maybe other YouTubers and Gamers to judge LTT made and PS made computers to determine a winner, showing along the benchmarks of each build.

An Directors-cut 1 hour long video could be made available on Floatplane!

" This video is Sponsored by LG, ASUS, Elgato and Logitech... and LTTstore.com "

Take care, and take care of somebody else.
George Carlin: Jammin' in New York 1992

</>

Electricity Saving Box

Hello,

I am Bill. I was told by my mother to purchase these things on Amazon. I looked into it, and it appears to be essentially do what a PSU does to smooth out power spikes and reduce the overall electricity bill. I was wondering if this is a deal or a scam because while the concept seems sound, some reviews say it's useless or a fire hazard, and I am pretty sure these are not going to save the amount of money it takes to buy a home. 

Thanks,

Bill Huang

So i need help and this could be a good video idea and I just needed to contact you somehow, so I got an old oculus cv1 and the display cable is broken, and the idea is that I send the cable to you and you fix it:)

Only the hdmi thing is broken and I can pay for parts to I’m just not looking to pay 100$ for a new one.

image.jpg

I would love to see the Camera people do a showcase of this. https://vaonis.com/vespera

Hello Linus,
I would suggest trying the PC building simulator game for PC
It is currently for free on epic store

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/pc-building-simulator

Best regards,

Oskucity

2 hours ago, oskucity said:

Hello Linus,
I would suggest trying the PC building simulator game for PC
It is currently for free on epic store

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/pc-building-simulator

Best regards,

Oskucity

Oskucity, it was done 1268 days ago. I'm just sorry it wasn't a Channel Super Fun video; the best Channel on YouTube. RIP Nicky V lol

If you are an LTT fan, or wannabie, I suggest you watch older videos, mainly the old WAN Shows and the first Live shows. It's worth the time..

Edited by josencarnacao

Take care, and take care of somebody else.
George Carlin: Jammin' in New York 1992

</>

A video showing how to switch a 240mm rad from an AIO with a 360mm rad

For Linus's new home theatre, he should consider the Krix MX Modular wall of speakers. These theatre speakers are fantastic, and Krix has been doing some extremely high-end installs. I'm looking at Krix speakers for myself, but building into the wall is not an option for me. 

https://www.krix.com.au/modular/

In-room-cutaway.png

A build-off where the contestants are to make the most powersaving gaming rig that can still pull enthusiast level fps.

Due to the current market, price should not be considered, but some sort of wattage vs fps exchange rate needs to be determined in advance.

The participants are allowed to underwolt and overclock all they want. What count is the power it draws from the wall and how many fps it spits out.

Maybe monitors need to be standardized and out of the loop for this one, so they can't skimp on that.

I wanna see Riley on this one. Mr. Minimalist (I actually like his style, he should look into Scandinavian design for more inspiration)

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Best Membrane Keyboards. 

Membrane Keyboards can be a good alternative to mechanical keyboards for budget gamers, but there are very few video about the great value to cost membrane keyboards like the Thermaltake's Challenger Prime, which has been my daily driver since 2015 and with the exception of needing new feet, it's been doing great the entire time. I spent $30 on it at the time and while the RGB version is very illusive, the three color version is still readily available for $30-$40. 

I would love to see a video about the recent trend of bricked Asus Zenfone 8s. There is a rather lengthy thread about the subject on Zentalk where at least a few douzin people have had their Zenfone 8s bricked from a sudden RAMdump. They also talk about their extremely lackluster treatment by Asus support who for example have "allegedly" excused themselves from refunds or responsibiliy because "they are not a phone company". I myself posted about my own experience with the issue on this forum a few weeks ago. There seems to be quite a rabbit hole to dig through here. So far everyone who has gotten their phone back after service has lost absolutely all of their data that they have not backed up. The reason i want LMG to talk about it is because i believe many people bought the Zenfone 8 after watching the LMG review of it, myself included. This could mean that if you were to put out a warning to all Zenfone 8 users to back up their data, at least a larger portion of them would see it compared to a thread on Zentalk. Also a reminder to double check that your backup service is indeed backing up you photos as well. That is how i lost 3500 photos because i missed a step when setting up my backup service.

This is a link to the largest Zentalk thread: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52713/zenfone8-stuck-on-waiting-for-flashing-full-ramdump/p1

This is a link to my post on the LTT forum: